Rate most beautiful resort

tinkerdorabelle

DIS Veteran
Just curious, but want opinions on what is the most beautiful resort ever stayed at outside Disneyworld including room, grounds, landscaping, etc. I personally just LOVE beautiful landscaping, flowers, palm trees, beautiful pool, etc., etc.
Thanks for your opinions!

Personally I think Portofino is one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever seen inside & out with the exception of tropical Island hotels.

Marriott Cypress Harbour is ranked as the best timeshare resort in Orlando, behind Disney Old Key West. The rooms and the grounds are impeccable.

Vistana is know for the quality of the landscaping, pools, and suites.

Dann

The new Hard Rock Hotel is beautfiful inside and out. The landscaping is awesome. Better than some areas of Disney, too.

Portofino, hands down! My favorite resort. That resort is the most peaceful (even at sold out capacity) and modeled after Portofino in Italy - exactly! I have a postcard from Portofino Italy and they have recreated it down to the facade on the bldgs. They had actual painters come over from Italy to recreate it. The italian marble, the piazza with the birds, and italian opera singing in the background - absolutely incredible! They left out nothing to make this resort authentic - and did it justice!

Hyatt Grand Cypress is pretty impressive, while both Universal hotels are wonderful (although perhaps a bit short of horticulture). The Wyndham Orlando (on I-Drive) is surprisingly good for a big, moderate-priced resort, and Marriott's Orlando World Center has long been a favourite of mine, as is the Renaissance Resort by SeaWorld. The new Opryland Hotel, in Kissimmee, promises to top the lot when it opens in February 2002, however.

I would go with Hilton Grand Vacation Club, Cypress Harbour, Grande Vista, Vistana, then Orange Lake Country Club.

I found the Marriott Orlando World Center to be beautiful. We were there at Christmas and the decorations were wonderful. Our room was on the 27th floor and I loved the glass elevator ride to get there!

I have just come back (feeling very depressed, but these discussions make it better) and we stayed at the Wyndham on I-Drive, the rooms were very nice (just been refurbished) and the grounds were beautiful, I think the lake with the fountains in the middle made it all seem really nice especially at sunset.

:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter