rD registration dates updated + new info

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
rD registration dates updated... posted here in case not everyone checks the News thread on another board, or the registration thread here regularly...

https://www.rundisney.com/blog/arti...ounced?CMP=SOC-ESPNWWOSFY18Q1DisneySports0015

“UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We have been working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, soon Guests will register for races using their Disney account, creating a more seamless Disney experience. In addition, Guests will be able to register multiple participants at a time, extra payment options including gift cards will be available and more.

As a reminder, all races still are scheduled for this season as planned, and the revised registration dates for the 2018-2019 Walt Disney World race event weekends are below:

2018 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT (Nov. 1-4, 2018)
  • Participants registered for the 2018 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend soon will receive an email with instructions on how to link their current 2018 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend race registration to their Disney account and runDisney profile.

2018 Virtual Running Shorts (Summer 2018)
  • June 29, 2018 – Registration for the Virtual Running Shorts Series ends
  • June 28, 2018 – July 5K & August 5K virtual races on sale

2019 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna (Jan. 9-13, 2019)
  • July 17, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • July 19, 2018 – General on-sale date

2019 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (Feb. 21-24, 2019)
  • Aug 2, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • Aug 7, 2018 – General on-sale date

2019 Star Wars™ Virtual Half Marathon (Jan. 3 – March 31, 2019)
  • August 23, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • August 28, 2018 – General on-sale date

2019 Star Wars™ Rival Run Weekend presented by OtterBox (April 4-7, 2019
  • August 23, 2018 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents
  • August 28, 2018 – General on-sale date

To best prepare for the upcoming race registration periods, Guests may choose to create a Disney account in advance if they don't already have one. Guests with existing Disney accounts may choose to log in to their account to ensure their password is valid. For more tips on registration, visit www.runDisney.com and opt in for updates.”

So if I have an MDE account and my DH, DD and DS are my friends and family under my account (they don't have their own), can I register all of us?

There seems to be a constant grumbling about Active (not just among rD runners), so it's not a bad idea. But think about it... Disney will now know exactly how many runners are staying at each resort, and be able to allocate buses accordingly. That's one problem fixed. Also, they'll be able to collect all sorts of trend data on the runners regarding when they go to the parks, where they eat, etc. and make adjustments accordingly.

To be honest, MDE is one of the most impressive systems I've been connected with, and continues to get more complex. I think it's a good move.

There seems to be a constant grumbling about Active (not just among rD runners), so it's not a bad idea. But think about it... Disney will now know exactly how many runners are staying at each resort, and be able to allocate buses accordingly. That's one problem fixed. Also, they'll be able to collect all sorts of trend data on the runners regarding when they go to the parks, where they eat, etc. and make adjustments accordingly.

To be honest, MDE is one of the most impressive systems I've been connected with, and continues to get more complex. I think it's a good move.

Yes I feel this is much more about ease of integrating data and experience than it is about race processing fees or even registration experience. I co-own a race and event site similar to active so I know all about the grumblings about their site. I’m actually intrigued to see their process and how Disney handles load spikes like the ones that occur when a race starts.

To be honest, MDE is one of the most impressive systems I've been connected with, and continues to get more complex.
I must admit that this might be the first time I’ve heard this! :) In concept it is better than in execution so far IMO, and it has taken them SO LONG to integrate data. And they aren’t done even after all these years. And every time they make a change, some things go haywire.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for this conversion, and I’d be really surprised if it goes off without a hitch.

I’m actually intrigued to see their process and how Disney handles load spikes like the ones that occur when a race starts.
Disney IT has had and still has so many issues crop up.

Every single year they sell F&W events — and every year there are problems... of varied types.

I have to admit that them taking it over makes me nervous about registration days, but it’s not like they ever managed the Disney website link / Active site interaction well anyway.

And every time they make a change, some things go haywire."

Maybe I'm just lucky, but over the past several years I've had more problems with far more simple systems, and the rare issues I've had with MDE are quickly fixed. I can't think of anything that attempts something comparable to it. There will be race registration glitches for sure, but it sense to handle it inside MDE, rather than try to handshake MDE with rD then to Active (especially for AP and DVC which had numerous holes).

This was a long time coming. Adding race registration to MDE was a inevitable and shouldn't have been that hard of a project. The front end needed nothing and I'm confident the engine didn't need much work either.

It will be interesting to see the edge case implementations. I imagine registering kids for the kids races would be easy as long as they are in your friends & family list but other adults will have to accept the disclosures and any liability waivers themselves.

So if I have an MDE account and my DH, DD and DS are my friends and family under my account (they don't have their own), can I register all of us?

My guess is that you can register minors but other adults will need to register themselves for the reason I mentioned above. There may be a mechanism for you to register them initially but require them to accept the waivers separately. This is not a complicated process and is done just about every day in other industries. For example, if you've signed a mortgage lately you probably dealt with electronic documents.

If you have a Disney login you should be fine if they do not have accounts as it says you will be able to register multiple people.

Couldn’t help but link this here... this is the kind of thing that causes concern with this change... https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-wine-dine-2018.3647762/page-84#post-59314406

And this is why I'm a little concerned about how the registration will work. And I don't want my DH to get his own MDE account. He's been in my account and it has worked so far. I've heard so many nightmares of people becoming unlinked and disappearing from FPs, etc. Seems fewer issues when you just have people under 1 MDE account.

And this is why I'm a little concerned about how the registration will work. And I don't want my DH to get his own MDE account. He's been in my account and it has worked so far. I've heard so many nightmares of people becoming unlinked and disappearing from FPs, etc. Seems fewer issues when you just have people under 1 MDE account.
DH, DS, DIL, and I all have had MDE since it started and have never had a problem. Other DS is just on my account. Never had a problem there either!

We have 9 people (6 adults, 3 kids) who typically have travel to WDW. All 9 have their own MDE account and we've never had any issues whatsoever. The only small problem was one of the people had an old account and it was hard to get their current email address to become sync'd with a new account but a call to Disney took care of the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!