Re-opening reports DLP and changes

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
Hi everyone!
I hope I’m not imposing or stepping on anyone’s toes by starting a thread like this on this Board. To be honest I am rarely on this board. On main theme parks board they started such a thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...f-reopening-wdw.3807247/page-14#post-62133951
It would be great if for DLP there was a similar thread. I will be going to Disneyland Paris for the first time in September and I’m now just starting the planning process. As this park is totally new to me I think it be great to have trip reports for those experienceD people who are now going back after the re-opening. Maybe give reports on what has changed and what tips considering the circumstances. Many of the information I find online is pre-Covid so it would be great to get some up-to-date information on what things to keep in mind. Would be great to post your experiences here. Thanks!

So I’m gonna make the first post to my own thread 😂 it’s more request than a trip report. But for those who have gone back can you please report if they have adapted any of the inside table services to more outdoor dining?. In my trip planning if I see an opportunity to eat outdoors I would plan to do that then indoors. I am curious if they made some adjustments and now offer more outdoor seating.

I think I will be one of the few on these boards who will be there anytime soon. I have a trip planned about 1,5 week from now.
The park re-opens officially tomorrow, so there are no real post-covid reports. Have a look at ED92 and Pixiedust.be on Facebook to see how it looked during the CM & AP previews.

To answer your question, I can't think of a place where they could have added extra outdoor space. As they will block the walkways if they do. Those restaurants who have outdoor seating will have to reduce their seats to create more space between groups. Maybe Toad Hall could add more tables, but I think their tables outside are determined normally on the weather. Videopolis another maybe, but I don't think they will.

For the table service it's all inside. Almost all counter service have an outside area next to an indoor area.
Btw, distance between groups is now 1 meter (3ft) in France.

I think this would be really helpful, thank you! I've never been to Paris but have really been umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether or not to book for a couple of days in August. It would be really interesting to hear what it has been like :)

Today Disneyland Paris officially opens!
What we see around the parks (based on Social Media)
- New sign at the entrance: It's Time for Magic
- Several spots to take selfies with characters throughout the park: Snow White & Prince at the well, Jack Sparrow at Pirates, Donald on Main Street, Aurora & Phillip on the castle balcony, Pooh characters near Casey's corner & the Mill, Cowgirl Minnie in Frontierland.
Olaf in the Studios, Cinderella & Fairy Godmother in carriage at Mickey and the Magician, Mickey in his Mickey and the Magician outfit, Marvel characters (in the selection: Dr. Strange & Black Panther, Captain America & Captain Marvel, Loki & Thor, Spiderman & Black Widow, this got busy yesterday), Woody in the Studios, Classic Characters in the Studios as well, Sully in the Studios.
- Classic characters at the Main Street Station to say goodbye to guests.
- Incredible characters make rounds through the studios
- Until now no sign of a parade replacement like in the Magic Kingdom
- Stretching room still used in Phantom Manor
- Waiting times at noon max. 45 minutes for RC Racer, 20 minutes for Crush Coaster, Star Tours, meet Star Wars character, Peter Pan, Meet Mickey is at 15.
- Railroad is back in business (after a 20 months! closure)
- AP previews were mainly busy at the shops due to the sales they have installed, starting on the same day as AP previews.
- Fontain show at the castle at close, very low key (at least on 14 July)
- Loads of new snacks which were probably planned already for the summer season as they are mainly themed around Jungle Book & Lion King.
- No park maps available except at City Hall, everyone is encouraged to download the app.

I really enjoyed Disneyland Paris today! Low crowds and social distancing was therefore easy. I saw one lady being forced to take a step back by a CM for standing too close to the family in front of her. At Disneyland park most rides had 5 - 15 minute waits. At Studios the longest line i’ve seen was 30 minutes for Crush.

There are lots of character selfie spots. In addition to the character spots that @Karin1984 mentioned, I also saw the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit near the maze and Daisy on Main Street.

Chose to have dinner at Annete’s diner in Disney Village and they seated us without a reservation in no time. Inside the parks I haven’t noticed additional outdoor seating for the restaurants. Weekends tend to be busier though, so we will see how it goes tomorrow and saturday.

There is a short fountain show by the castle at close not many people seem to know of. I thought it was cute.

I really enjoyed Disneyland Paris today! Low crowds and social distancing was therefore easy. I saw one lady being forced to take a step back by a CM for standing too close to the family in front of her. At Disneyland park most rides had 5 - 15 minute waits. At Studios the longest line i’ve seen was 30 minutes for Crush.

There are lots of character selfie spots. In addition to the character spots that @Karin1984 mentioned, I also saw the Queen of Hearts and the White Rabbit near the maze and Daisy on Main Street.

Chose to have dinner at Annete’s diner in Disney Village and they seated us without a reservation in no time. Inside the parks I haven’t noticed additional outdoor seating for the restaurants. Weekends tend to be busier though, so we will see how it goes tomorrow and saturday.

There is a short fountain show by the castle at close not many people seem to know of. I thought it was cute.
Hey Joelle, great to hear you are having such a good time :) I think we will go to Annette's for dinner as well.
How are queues for characters managed at this time? I take it the lines are short because you don't really have interaction like normal, no autographs etc.

Would be great if those wait times stayed like that! Let us know if you notice a weekend to weekday difference.
What I find interesting is how they are allocating capacity. We booked a package at the Villages that include 2 parks days.. We are 4 nights. this is our first time in DLP so I read on the fine print and nowhere did it say 1. are these park hoppers 2. do we need to which two days..

the only clear statement was we are guarenteed an entrance. So I called and the CM basically said we decide on that day when we want to go and go and that these are 2 park tickets.

So are they blocking 5 days for our family of 5 as they dont know until day of when we arrive??? When I was looking at packages all DLP resorts always automatically had same number of park days for lenght of stay.. only the villages was annoying, no matter how long only 2 park days.. Seeing how larger the villages is.... I think tons of capacity is being held for possible entrances, which wont happen = less crowds.....

I was told that if we wanted to add tickets, we cant to the pacakge but need to buy and make resevations... But annoying.. but not a problem.

Sounds like a great day and thanks for the update. Did the fountain show use projections or was it just lights and water?

Hey Joelle, great to hear you are having such a good time :) I think we will go to Annette's for dinner as well.
How are queues for characters managed at this time? I take it the lines are short because you don't really have interaction like normal, no autographs etc.

They have created lines for all character meets. Longest wait we had was for Donald. I think about 2-3 minutes. Today CM’s actually approached us, asking if we would like to take a picture with Minnie and Tigger as we passed by. Both had no one in line.

Dutch Themepark Website Looopings has posted this article with lots of pictures:

My impression is that the DLP re-opening has seen quite a positive response so far (compared to WDW which seems a bit mixed).

We were supposed to do the DLP run in September (which got cancelled of course). We're still undecided whether we will visit the park - I think we'll wait out the summer period and go during October/November "downtime", assuming the European situation we're in either stays as it is or, fingers crossed, has improved a bit by then.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your reports :worship: :worship:
We have a trip planned for September 20, :tink:hope we can go...

I hope all your trips go well. My neighbor works for Eurostar and has said people are really starting to book travel for September. I hope the capacity is not over the top. I don't think we will see any fireworks this year now! That money is probably financing all the extra cleaning.

@joelle89 , any overall thoughts? Any differences between weekend and during the week?
I'd always go weekday Tuesday is good. I am not sure due to covid but they used to put on extra special rate characters midweek to encourage guests to visit! Have you used the website that predicts crowd level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!