Reach for the Stars April 2023 Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom is now Piper Pink! Well done!! :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

Okay, I think I just became a Milo Manheim fan. Not only did I like him in Prom Pact, but he's winning me over in Doogie Kamealoha, too. And, I just found out from this article that this DCOM star (Zombies franchise and the previously mentioned Prom Pact) is a big theatre fan.

Milo was born March 6, 2001, to actress Camryn Manheim and began acting at age 6. Since then, he has performed in 20 different musicals, and at age 16 won Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role at the New York Musical Theatre Festival. Milo didn't begin working with Disney until late in his teen years. His first project with Disney was as himself for the 2017 Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration. He quickly followed that with the role of Zed in all three Zombies movies and has acted continuously on various projects ever since.

milo-manheim-zombies.jpg

It's a Raven Red kind of day with Raya, Twilight Sparkle, and the TEAM all reaching at least 90% of goal! party:

You might know her from the 1960 Disney film Pollyanna

1682740038706.jpeg

or Disney's The Parent Trap (1961)

1682740108401.jpeg

but at age 77, Hayley Mills is still acting. Her long, successful career began with an uncredited role when she was just an infant in 1947. 12 years later, she was "discovered" and landed the lead in a film called Tiger Bay which was originally written for a boy. That film also co-starred her dad, Sir John Mills. Disney execs saw her performance in Tiger Bay and cast Hayley as the lead in Pollyanna. She has been working regularly ever since. Her most current role is that of Lady Emma Hume in the TV series Unforgotten.

1682740992749.jpeg

You can learn more about her incredible life here.

Last edited:

It's a Raven Red kind of day with Raya, Twilight Sparkle, and the TEAM all reaching at least 90% of goal! party:

You might know her from the 1960 Disney film Pollyanna

View attachment 756899

or the Disney's The Parent Trap (1961)

View attachment 756900

but at age 77, Hayley Mills is still acting. Her long, successful career began with an uncredited role when she was just an infant in 1947. 12 years later, she was "discovered" and landed the lead in a film called Tiger Bay which was originally written for a boy. That film also co-starred her dad, Sir John Mills. Disney execs saw her performance in Tiger Bay and cast Hayley as the lead in Pollyanna. She has been working regularly ever since. Her most current role is that of Lady Emma Hume in the TV series Unforgotten.

View attachment 756902

You can learn more about her incredible life here.

Obviously, one of my favs! :laughing:

I skipped Thursday, but walked on the treadmill on Friday and went on a birding hike with a group Saturday morning. That lasted an hour and a half, but was slow, stop & go walking, so I'm going to count half.

4/28 - 40 minutes
4/29 - 45 minutes
---------------------
new total - 605/600

It's a big day for color changes! PollyannaMom, Raya, Twilight Sparkle, and the TEAM have all reached goal and Genevieve Green!! :hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost:

Thanks for hanging out this month, participating in the quizzes, sharing your favorite Disney child stars, photos of Disney trips, etc. and, of course, posting your minutes and activities!

And a big thank you to @PollyannaMom for offering to take May!

I'll come back in a few days to tally final minutes, so keep them coming if you have anymore from this month.

In the meantime, here's one final article to enjoy.

Jet lag hit us hard and DH is sick, so I’m adding a mere 45 minutes and calling it a month.

1805/1500

@Twilight Sparkle, thanks for hosting! A nice balance between newer stars (who I don’t know at all, though now I’m a Milo fan too) and older ones.
I just realized it might seem weird to have given you a heart for that post in light of your first sentence. Imagine multiple sad faces bestowed for that one! The heart is for the last sentence.

I'm thrilled to join the April 2023 exercise challenge! It's always exciting to embark on a new month of fitness goals, and exploring the journey of Disney child stars then and now adds an extra layer of motivation. Count me in for aiming towards my goal—I'm thinking of setting it at 30 minutes a day for a total of 900 minutes. It's fascinating to see how these stars have evolved over the years. If you ever need a little extra inspiration or a break from your workout routine, navigate here for a captivating story about overcoming obstacles with resilience.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter