READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group 20! Party of 3 all trying from near Woody while waiting for Slinky. I was the one that got though. I was too early the first time and force closes really quick. Backups were in effect in less than a minute. I guess the closure just isn’t hurting the crowds at Disney like it did at Universal.

We are at the airport now. Last night we heard a lot of people talking about trying today to get a ride in before the parks close today. The parks remained pretty crowded yesterday. More like summer than spring break but definitely not empty. The airport is pretty empty per the employees we’ve talked to.

I’m here now. It feels fairly crowded. We RD Slinky and did AS2 after and then ToT with FP before our RotR BG. Then we lucked into a MMRR FP. Standby lines are all high and walkways are as crowded as spring break normally is. Maybe worse.

First day: Group 6
Second day: Group 3
Third day, after having to force close: Group 48

First two days we were called and off the ride by 9. Third day called and off by 12.

Many, many pages ago I suggested the process wasn’t actually that difficult/worth stressing over and was kind of torn apart for saying that.

I stand by that earlier statement. Whenever the parks reopen, go for it with confidence!

Hi

First, thanks to all of you for your precious help.

I was able to ride RoTR on the 12th.
Here is my experience:
Took a Lyft at 6.10
Arrive at parc at 6.30
Enter the parc at 7.10
Queue to slinky dash at 7.20/30
I stayed on the app while my gf restarted it and click on the RoTR screen at 8.00.03, she got the BG 16 while i had trouble to see the red button by going back and forth.
We used AT&T on the Slinky queue.

Now the feedback in the ride:
So we got lucky with an early ride, we went around 10am, we got in the last room before the ride and...we got evacuated...it was in maintenance...we decided to visit galaxy edged we got back to the ride entrance and waited for 20min and it reopened!
So we were the first to ride it again thanks to the fast pass delivered earlier! (Really nice move).

We went the ride went « smoothly » aside from the last part where the screen was frozen...

Anyway in the end my overall experience is that the ride is overated (please don’t burn me!), i’m a star wars fan but from everything i heard i was disappointed. I was expecting something more, maybe i had expectations too high, but for me the ride is similar to the new Mickey Minnie ride or Ratatouille that we have in France.

I’m speaking in terms of the ride is designed not the decor.
Decor was awesome, different part smooth etc.

But i had more fun in Smuggler Run and it was more innovative for me (people interacting with the ride and each other)

I had more sensation and was more impress by the harry potter rides in Universal (hagrid motobile and gringot escape).

Overall the assle (get up early, stress with the app) was not worth it for me.

However galaxy edge was really great!

To conclude thanks again to everyone, i’m not trying to be rude or anything, just sharing my feedback and my lucky 4 days in Orlando parcs just before the closure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling a little melancholy today since this would have been our ROTR BG morning.

Even after WDW re-opens, it's probably going to be a while before we get back down there. Part of me hopes they no longer need BGs for the ride because it has improved reliability by the time we visit.

But, on the the other hand, the BG method made ROTR like a bonus Tier-1 FP (as long as practicing paid off and your phone didn't glitch, so actually got one).

Last edited:
Feeling a little melancholy today since this would have been our ROTR BG morning.

Even after WDW re-opens, it's probably going to be a while before we get back down there. Part of me hopes they no longer need BGs for the ride because it's improved reliability by the time we visit.

But, on the the other hand, the BG method made ROTR like a bonus Tier-1 FP (as long as practicing paid off and your phone didn't glitch, so actually got one).
I'm really missing this thread and the posters here--it's been a bright spot in my days for months now. So sorry you're not posting about how much you loved RotR this morning instead of this. But you will get back to WDW and you will get to ride and all of us will be elated when WDW's open again.

Even after WDW re-opens, it's probably going to be a while before we get back down there. Part of me hopes they no longer need BGs for the ride because it has improved reliability by the time we visit.

Ours too! All day long I look at the clock and think, we’d be doing this right now or we’d be doing that. I should be getting ready to head over to the Rose and Crown for dinner right now! Sorry for the off topic pity party.:/

I'm feeling melancholy too. We aren't planning to be back for several years. This was my chance to see GE.
And I can't quite give up on the first week of May. I know, realistically, it's not going to happen. But to hear a lot of the talk right now of May 15th is so disappointing. To miss it by 2 weeks. :( I know there are much, much bigger things to be sad about right now, but I can't help being bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter