READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the talk is May 15, that would be the day before we leave WDW! I’d rather open early May or not til the end! Did I hear that they are shortening the cancellation period for packages during this? Similar to the room only cancellation policy????
Any discussion on this should be done in the covid19 thread not here

I'll be interested to see whenever they do open the parks back up, if they stick with BGs right off the bat or not

I'll be interested to see whenever they do open the parks back up, if they stick with BGs right off the bat or not

I think they'll have to. There's been a lot of thought here that they won't go to FP until the ride is consistently reliable, and they really won't be sure of that until they can get back to running it normally with guests.

Hello everyone. So my MDE app was updated last night. I like to look around after an update. I’m assuming this is new (don’t recall ever seeing it, correct me if I’m wrong). So when I clicked on the three lines in the bottom right corner, a menu pops up, and there’s now a section for Galaxy’s Edge. When you press it, it brings you to the virtual queue. If this is old news, please delete.

0EC549A7-DD91-47F3-A935-8084A01E0399.png7D347974-6432-4896-8102-BD98D435FFEF.png

Hello everyone. So my MDE app was updated last night. I like to look around after an update. I’m assuming this is new (don’t recall ever seeing it, correct me if I’m wrong). So when I clicked on the three lines in the bottom right corner, a menu pops up, and there’s now a section for Galaxy’s Edge. When you press it, it brings you to the virtual queue. If this is old news, please delete.

View attachment 481873View attachment 481874

I'm going to guess that Galaxy's Edge will move back to the front page when WDW reopens.

View attachment 481873View attachment 481874
it has been there for a while

A little late posting, but thought I would share my luck last week at RotR. I have ridden 4 times at DL as a local and lowest boarding group I had gotten to that point was 34 (others were 36, 37, 84). So I felt confident I would have success, but still wanted to be sure.

My first HS day was 3/7. I got on the bus at AK-Jambo House a little after 6:30 and got to the park and in quickly. I sat at the tables near the water across from Frozen Sing Along and scored a boarding group 5. I was called about 8:10 and was off the ride by 8:45 (did not get right over there).

My second HS day was 3/11. My friends and I ensured we were fully linked as friends in the app, but they decided to sleep in instead of coming early for a boarding group. I got out to the bus at AK-Jambo about 6:35-40, and there had been no buses for HS yet (multiples for other places though) according to the family who had been there since 5:55. One did not come until about 6:50 and was already pretty full, but those of us there first all crammed on and were on our way. Many were left at the stop. I got into the park a little later than the few days prior, and found a spot similar to the previous visit. This time I got Group 2 which was the first called that day. And helped the family next to me get 22. Again, called almost immediately and I believe I was off by about 8:30-40.

I cannot believe my boarding group luck on the trip and that I was lucky enough to get to ride both days I went to HS.

I’m sure someone’s posted about this but what’s the best strategy if you have a park hopper and want to try getting a BG but also take advantage of EMH at another park? For our potential August trip for a couple days I would want to take advantage of AK EMH to do FOP. For now AK has EMH 8-9 and HS opens at 9 but I suspect HS will open at 8 instead with AK EMH staying at 8-9. In that case, what’s the best strategy to get a fairly short wait on FOP and also get a BG?

I’m sure someone’s posted about this but what’s the best strategy if you have a park hopper and want to try getting a BG but also take advantage of EMH at another park? For our potential August trip for a couple days I would want to take advantage of AK EMH to do FOP. For now AK has EMH 8-9 and HS opens at 9 but I suspect HS will open at 8 instead with AK EMH staying at 8-9. In that case, what’s the best strategy to get a fairly short wait on FOP and also get a BG?
no one has tried to tap into DHS at 7am (which was the time the park was opening it's gates) and then head over to another park for EMH. A couple of risks:
**since no one has done it we don't know if tapping at DHS then heading to AK and taping there before 8am might screw up the chance to join a bg. What I mean, we don't know if tapping into another park before being able to join a bg will make the app think you are at AK and that you haven't already tapped into DHS (hope that makes sense)
** If you encounter an issue with joining a bg you would be far away to fix it with a GET at DHS, so a risk there as well.

I wouldn't chance it if RotR is a priority

Ok, I want to take a crack at this. Now, everything I (think I) know I learned here. And any discussion of August is totally hypothetical. This may be impossible, but if I were going to attempt the impossible...

FIRST, you'll need the quickest transportation option you can get. I'm guessing that's something like Uber/Lyft.

Either scenario, if you can enter AK at 8 and DHS opens at 8 or 9, I'd be at AK as early as you can to be at the front of RD and hopefully be one of the first to make it to FOP. Afterward, hustle straight to DHS as fast as you can and try your luck.

If DHS opens at 9 and "Back-Up Groups" are lasting a while, that's your best chance. You'd need the Back-Up Groups to last a crazy long time with an 8 am opening.

In reality - Do you have more than one morning, so you can make one day AK EMH rope drop morning and the other DHS BG morning? The first thing I would do (and the first thing I did do when planning my Feb trip this year) is make FOP my A#1 FP priority and the key to my whole parks schedule. Is there a reason you aren't planning to FP FOP, or just thinking in case you can't get the FP?

Wiser heads can talk about FOP at closing time. And ultimately you may just have to choose one ride over the other. Or both rides over a MK rope drop or other morning plan.

Man, have I missed this thread! Thanks for giving me something fun to think about.

Ok, I want to take a crack at this. Now, everything I (think I) know I learned here. And any discussion of August is totally hypothetical. This may be impossible, but if I were going to attempt the impossible...

FIRST, you'll need the quickest transportation option you can get. I'm guessing that's something like Uber/Lyft.

Either scenario, if you can enter AK at 8 and DHS opens at 8 or 9, I'd be at AK as early as you can to be at the front of RD and hopefully be one of the first to make it to FOP. Afterward, hustle straight to DHS as fast as you can and try your luck.

If DHS opens at 9 and "Back-Up Groups" are lasting a while, that's your best chance. You'd need the Back-Up Groups to last a crazy long time with an 8 am opening.

In reality - Do you have more than one morning, so you can make one day AK EMH rope drop morning and the other DHS BG morning? The first thing I would do (and the first thing I did do when planning my Feb trip this year) is make FOP my A#1 FP priority and the key to my whole parks schedule. Is there a reason you aren't planning to FP FOP, or just thinking in case you can't get the FP?

Wiser heads can talk about FOP at closing time. And ultimately you may just have to choose one ride over the other. Or both rides over a MK rope drop or other morning plan.

Man, have I missed this thread! Thanks for giving me something fun to think about.
We’ll hopefully have a lot of days on this trip. The thing is that I’m trying to figure out how to do the amazing rides such as FOP and ROTR as many times as I can since I barely ever get to go to WDW so I am planning on getting FP for FOP on some days in addition to the whole rope drop excitement. Honestly at this point I’m just having fun trying to come up with a strategy even with the parks closed 😂.

I know I am not the only one who misses this thread. It offered all of us guidance information support a lot laughs on our quests to get that BG. And we can't forget The Chart!!!!!
And yes there were times that attempting to getting that BG led to disappointment and frustration and that was ok. But there were always people on this board to help. Sometime even with advice and help there was failure and we shared your disappointment .
It is a challenging scary and frustrating time for all of us.
My hope is that all of us who love Disney and Star Wars will be back together soon to help each other, drive the mods a little crazy and travel to Galaxy's Edge and share in the absolute wonderment of RotR. MTFBWY

I know I am not the only one who misses this thread. It offered all of us guidance information support a lot laughs on our quests to get that BG. And we can't forget The Chart!!!!!
And yes there were times that attempting to getting that BG led to disappointment and frustration and that was ok. But there were always people on this board to help. Sometime even with advice and help there was failure and we shared your disappointment .
It is a challenging scary and frustrating time for all of us.
My hope is that all of us who love Disney and Star Wars will be back together soon to help each other, drive the mods a little crazy and travel to Galaxy's Edge and share in the absolute wonderment of RotR. MTFBWY
love your post minus the bolded :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter