READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading somewhere else today about all the problems people are having getting BGs and I thought I would come back and share some additional insight. We were there Oct 14 and 17 and got low number BGs both days at 10:00. Others have said this as well, but it's worth repeating. First, you should completely disregard the official Disney CM advice of having only 1 person per party try to get a BG. I actually think the exact opposite is true; the more people trying, the better your chances. We had 4 people trying on my MDE account both times. Again, we had no trouble at all getting BGs, and even got low numbers. Second, have someone at home try for you as well if possible. Someone on here a few weeks ago mentioned they were successful getting BGs for friends/family who were in the park while she was at home. Right before 10:00 on our second day, it dawned on me that Kid 3 had flown home early but could still help us try from home. He was the one who ended up getting our BG that day.

I was reading somewhere else today about all the problems people are having getting BGs and I thought I would come back and share some additional insight. We were there Oct 14 and 17 and got low number BGs both days at 10:00. Others have said this as well, but it's worth repeating. First, you should completely disregard the official Disney CM advice of having only 1 person per party try to get a BG. I actually think the exact opposite is true; the more people trying, the better your chances. We had 4 people trying on my MDE account both times. Again, we had no trouble at all getting BGs, and even got low numbers. Second, have someone at home try for you as well if possible. Someone on here a few weeks ago mentioned they were successful getting BGs for friends/family who were in the park while she was at home. Right before 10:00 on our second day, it dawned on me that Kid 3 had flown home early but could still help us try from home. He was the one who ended up getting our BG that day.
Thanks, I knew people have done this and we've never had anyone before to do it from home, but this upcoming trip it didn't occur to me until I saw your post that DH and one of my DDs can help, esp since our DHS day is on a Sunday.

I agree with your strategy, the more people the better. We've ridden three times, 2x in January, 1x in August. All three times we had either 2 or 3 people trying and at least 2 in my account. In August BGs were going much faster than January and I was shocked I was the one to get it in August (DD13 was stunned and I think a little mad I beat her :banana:)

Funny how back in January we thought BGs went so quick at 30 - 60 seconds...lol. Ah, the good old days.

Another tip (really just expanding on what I learned here):

We were joined by a couple of friends on our last day. I'm on their family/friends list and they're on mine, but the other people in my family did not show up on their list. As a result, we ended up with four of us in one BG and 2 in a different BG.

I asked at the ride entrance about getting the other two people switched to our BG and the CM there told me that the four people with the earlier BG should just wait until the later BG was called and ride together because they were allowing late arrivals.

I didn't like that answer and also recalled people specifically referring to the blue umbrella GET CMs. So I found one of those and asked the same thing and they moved the other two people into the earlier BG with us. If it had been the difference between BG 18 and, say 20-24, then it wouldn't have been a big deal to wait a little longer (although I was slightly nervous about riding early in case the ride went down). But the other two people ended up with a BG in the high 40s which was estimated to be called 4 hours later.

Thankfully, the GET was able to combine them into BG 18 with the rest of us. It probably didn't hurt that those two seats would have been empty because of social distance boarding procedures.

I had this exact same problem. And I even went in and out several times as suggested as that supposedly makes it load faster. Still it blows my mind that literally every BG is gone the 1st second.

Same. I'm not even getting my hopes up at this point. We are late risers and if I battled to get everyone in the park by 10 am and didn't get a boarding group it would be a big disappointment. So... I'm thinking to heck with it. We'll get there around noon and try for the 2 pm groups. At least if we get let down we won't be tired and cranky to boot.

Solo party here. Missed out at 10am got 84 at 2pm. BG was called at 645 pm didn’t get off ride until 810 pm. After 11 hours spent at HS totally thinking about switching my Wednesday HS park pass to Epcot

Ok. I had mentioned earlier that I had checked that already I think. I’m + .04 second too fast. So there really is no way to sync an iPhone that is slightly off?

I don’t think being off that small of an amount matters much. If you refresh the page every few minutes the amount you’re off will move around slightly.

I went to HS Sunday (oct 25) with my friend who’s a big Star Wars fan and bought a day ticket to go with me, I’ve ridden 4x pre-closure but I hadn’t tried since the parks reopened and and was scared I’d let my friend down on her big day.
I practiced at home with looking at my apple watch face with seconds on it and going to the app and refreshing the “join virtual queue” page by continuously pulling down to refresh until the blue “join” popped up when the second hand struck 10:00 on my watch.
I also heard to turn off your location under settings because the app spends a few milliseconds looking up your location potentially, so worth a shot turning off location!
All of the practice and research worked and we ended up getting boarding group 7! 🙏🏻

Same. I'm not even getting my hopes up at this point. We are late risers and if I battled to get everyone in the park by 10 am and didn't get a boarding group it would be a big disappointment. So... I'm thinking to heck with it. We'll get there around noon and try for the 2 pm groups. At least if we get let down we won't be tired and cranky to boot.
It's easy to get discouraged and there are a lot of things out of your control. If we go back anytime soon, this will definitely be our plan, but I think you have a great chance if you practice and get more than one person trying for it. I think the major benefit for us getting there early (8:15) was to knock out a couple of rides with very low wait times when everyone was let in at 9. I think you could get a lot accomplished coming in late with the exception of MMRR. If that's a priority, it will take up a chunk of time at any point unless trying at the very end of the day.

How do you know if you've been successful at home? I got the message "Not so fast. Is everyone in your group in the parks?" Does that mean I would have gotten a BG? I didn't get that message the last time I tried.

How do you know if you've been successful at home? I got the message "Not so fast. Is everyone in your group in the parks?" Does that mean I would have gotten a BG? I didn't get that message the last time I tried.

If you get the "Not so fast" screen without any errors than you would have gotten a BG.

Success!! Tried again from home this morning. I got to the screen “is everyone the park?” That means I would have gotta BG right? I got into the join queue and kept pulling down the screen to refresh until the green join button lit up, hit it, it did search a little bit to search for parties, but then it took me to the final screen. Ok, Thanks for the strategy all. Now if I can just make sure we get in the park on time!!!

I’ve been successful practicing at home everyday this week! Starting to feel confident but still going to have my son try too on his ipod touch and a friend from home.

I just click join from the main page and like others have suggested, I do it a few times first before the clock hits so the app can load the page faster and that seems to make a difference. How is the cell reception in HS? I keep seeing reports of folks even getting them on rides which makes me think it’s pretty good? I have Sprint and the newest iphone so hopefully the cell service won’t let me down!

I tested the vitual line for the first time today. (Going secdon week of January). I click on vitual line the moment the clock turned 10:00am. It took me to a page where I had to click entire party(not just me). That to a second. Then I clicked join. When I did it said it was filled up for the day. We are talking 10 seconds max. I'll be honest, it really let the air out of me to see it be that hard to sign up and that unlikely to get a boarding group.

I tested the vitual line for the first time today. (Going secdon week of January). I click on vitual line the moment the clock turned 10:00am. It took me to a page where I had to click entire party(not just me). That to a second. Then I clicked join. When I did it said it was filled up for the day. We are talking 10 seconds max. I'll be honest, it really let the air out of me to see it be that hard to sign up and that unlikely to get a boarding group.

Don't take the time to check the names of the people in the party. That's what got you. You can skip checking them because when you're actually in the park, the people that have tapped in that day will already be checked.

I've searched around but haven't found a definitive answer. I've been practicing at home and have pretty good luck getting to the "is everyone in the park?" screen.

I have my 1 year old as part of my family group. Obviously he doesn't have a park ticket and won't be going on the ride. I think I've read once we're in the park and scanned it (with the exception of my 1 year old) it will automatically select everyone that is scanned in the park and I won't have to worry about deselecting my 1 year old or adding the rest of my party. Is that the case or should I just remove my 1 year old from the family group, since best I can tell there's no reason I need him to be part of it.

if you get the Red X - but hit join again, and see THEN see "everyone in the park" , do folks believe that would have counted as a success ?

I get that more often than a clean "everyone in the park"

I've searched around but haven't found a definitive answer. I've been practicing at home and have pretty good luck getting to the "is everyone in the park?" screen.

I have my 1 year old as part of my family group. Obviously he doesn't have a park ticket and won't be going on the ride. I think I've read once we're in the park and scanned it (with the exception of my 1 year old) it will automatically select everyone that is scanned in the park and I won't have to worry about deselecting my 1 year old or adding the rest of my party. Is that the case or should I just remove my 1 year old from the family group, since best I can tell there's no reason I need him to be part of it.
The system will only check the ones that scanned in, so don’t have to do anything with the 1yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter