READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here’s to hoping the parks can open as soon as possible while not risking getting anyone sick! Right now I’m waiting to book for August but I’m now hoping to have 9 and a half park days (with a PH), all of which I’ll be trying to get a BG! I’ll probably wait until May to book my trip to see what the situation is. Hopefully my hope that the parks will be open in August gives others hope as well!

Also, I found out some information that might be useful. The other day I posted asking if it works to enter HS before official park opening at 8 and then hop over to AK for EMH at 8 and still be eligible to get a BG. (So basically I was asking if you can scan into HS and AK before official opening at HS and still get a BG) I got a response saying nobody knows because nobody has tried it out. Well, I emailed WDW with that question and they replied with a rather lengthy email with lots of information I already knew but this part was very useful:

“To Join a Boarding Group, first create your party. In order to join a Boarding Group, all members of the party must have entered Disney’s Hollywood Studios® for the day.”

I take this to mean you don’t have to be in HS, but you only have to have scanned in to HS. If my hopeful August trip happens and nobody has tested this out yet, I’ll be happy to test it out since I’ll have 10 chances to get a BG. Hope this helps or provides excitement to anyone!

I take this to mean you don’t have to be in HS, but you only have to have scanned in to HS. If my hopeful August trip happens and nobody has tested this out yet, I’ll be happy to test it out since I’ll have 10 chances to get a BG.
People have reported scanning in to DHS then traveling to another park and getting their BG from outside that park before scanning in to that second park. What no one has reported because no one here has been willing to test is whether you can scan in to DHS and then scan in to another park and still get a BG. The concern is that scanning in to another park will negate the scan into DHS and block you from getting a BG. In other words, thank you for volunteering to possibly lose one of your ten chances to get a BG by testing this out!

Well, here’s to hoping the parks can open as soon as possible while not risking getting anyone sick! Right now I’m waiting to book for August but I’m now hoping to have 9 and a half park days (with a PH), all of which I’ll be trying to get a BG! I’ll probably wait until May to book my trip to see what the situation is. Hopefully my hope that the parks will be open in August gives others hope as well!

Also, I found out some information that might be useful. The other day I posted asking if it works to enter HS before official park opening at 8 and then hop over to AK for EMH at 8 and still be eligible to get a BG. (So basically I was asking if you can scan into HS and AK before official opening at HS and still get a BG) I got a response saying nobody knows because nobody has tried it out. Well, I emailed WDW with that question and they replied with a rather lengthy email with lots of information I already knew but this part was very useful:

“To Join a Boarding Group, first create your party. In order to join a Boarding Group, all members of the party must have entered Disney’s Hollywood Studios® for the day.”

I take this to mean you don’t have to be in HS, but you only have to have scanned in to HS. If my hopeful August trip happens and nobody has tested this out yet, I’ll be happy to test it out since I’ll have 10 chances to get a BG. Hope this helps or provides excitement to anyone!

Definitely not tried at HS with another park. But I have done it at Disneyland. I scan into Disneyland and immediately walk out of the park while booking a fastpass on MaxPass and go over to DCA and scan in there. I was able to get a boarding group with no problems doing that. Others at Disneyland have been able to do so.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but there is a lot of info on here!! Does this count as a fastpass or can you still get your 3 fastpasses and then get the boarding pass? TIA

Getting BGs for RotR was a lot easier then getting food delivered.
What you need to do is, around 7:59 am, open the Amazon Shopping app then wait on the home screen without clicking on anything. Once the clock hits 8:00, wait 3 seconds, then click on "Amazon Fresh." 😏

Edit: I started to started to think about new people who could be reading this thread, and who might not be familiar with all the previous BG strategy discussion, so I just thought I should make it clear (possibly at the expense of the joke) that this is a joke about BG app strategy, and not actual, valid advice re: grocery delivery.

Last edited:
There was a long line outside my walmart the other day (now that they're limiting amount of people in)

I wanted to see if there was a VQ I could join lol

Waiting to get a BG for Rise is a lot more fun than this crap

Last edited:
What you need to do is, around 7:59 am, open the Amazon Shopping app then wait on the home screen without clicking on anything. Once the clock hits 8:00, wait 3 seconds, then click on "Amazon Fresh." 😏

Edit: I started to started to think about new people who could be reading this thread, and who might not be familiar with all the previous BG strategy discussion, so I just thought I should make it clear (possibly at the expense of the joke) that this is a joke about BG app strategy, and not actual, valid advice re: grocery delivery.

One of my friends actually recommended that strategy but at midnight not 8.

I was in HS on 3/8, a week before the parks closed. My friends & I were on the first bus from ASMo around 6:30am. We were in line for MMRR a little after 7am. 2 of my friends and I were on MDE a couple minutes before 8am to make sure we could get a BG, but had some trouble joining a BG when they opened. One of our other friends who didn't have her phone out easily got one for all of us. :laughing: 4 of us rode single-rider MFSR before ROTR...we waited about 10 minutes and 3 of us were put together! We were in group 47 and got called around 11:30am! ROTR broke down while we were in line and they came through and told us that it typically took about 45 mins to get it back up and running. We waited about 25 mins and they passed out free popcorn/cookies and waters! We were blown away by ROTR! SWGE is just amazing!!

I cant find any info regarding whether the BoArding Groups will be around when they reopen. People arriving for the boarding group in the morning bring masses of people. has anyone heard of any rumors of what could happen?

I cant find any info regarding whether the BoArding Groups will be around when they reopen. People arriving for the boarding group in the morning bring masses of people. has anyone heard of any rumors of what could happen?
With nearly all Disney employees furloughed until further notice, I think you're going to have to wait until after the announcement of when the parks will reopen before you get any credible rumors about RotR. However, the fact that all ride refurbishment are also on hold should indicate nothing is being done at this time to resolve ride reliability.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t use it when they reopen but we have no idea how any operations will look at WDW or any theme park when they open.

That's because nobody know how they'll even open first.

On one hand, you'd think they'd use it. But at the same time, obviously they're gonna try to keep some social distancing, so do they really want a couple of thousand people packed at the HS entrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter