Read this if you use SWest Rapid Rewards Shopping...

busy mom

Mouseketeer
As many of you, I use my SW RR account to earn points (miles) by shopping. I am always careful to log into the shopping app first. Recently, I started tracking to ensure that I was actually receiving the points. I found that approx. 25% of the time, I did not.

I now track my purchases, and follow up with RR customer service (missing points request on the RR shopping website) if the points do not appear in 2-3 weeks. They are extremely quick to respond, and almost always deposit the missing points within 48 hours.

I'm not sure how many points I've lost up to this point, but I will be tracking going forward.

Just thought I would pass this tip on, hope it helps someone!

Well that’s terrible. Glad u followed up.
If it happened to you wonder how many others. Not very good PR for sw rewards :(

This is actually a great PSA for ALL rewards shopping portals. Always double check you got credited. They’re infamous for not tracking and it’s not just SW.

I have the same issue. In their very small print, it tells you that they are not responsible for making sure you receive your rewards points. In fact, when I first started using it, I had to follow up with them on every purchase. Its a little disappointing.

Update: I was initially receiving SW points each time I contacted cust svc after not receiving them automatically. Unfortunately, things have gone downhill and not only am I rarely receiving the points automatically, but when I reach out to SW cust svc., I am told that the email confirmation from each purchase is required. I may be in the minority, but I do not save every single email confirmation I receive after making a purchase. I responded that I can provide the packing slip (I shop Kohls a lot and these are easily available online), but was told that they only accept the email. The packing slip includes the exact same information/confirmation as the email. I contacted Kohls for a copy of the email, and they cannot provide. Ugh.

I am livid, needless to say. I have never experienced so may issues with this SW perk, especially when my profile confirms that I shopped via their site for each transaction. To me, it appears that they are making it as complicated as possible for the customer (aka: me) to obtain points.

I am a SW lover, but my patience is running thin..

Last edited:
I was having a similar issue regarding SW points from their "Rewards For Opinions" website where you earn SW points for doing surveys. I noticed that not all my points were being added and was missing some. Ever since I e-mailed customer service about it I have no had any issues but I have noticed it takes longer for my points to be added. So if anyone is apart of the "Rewards For Opinions" website you might want to keep an eye on your account as well.

One thing I learned is you have to clean out your cache and history. If you are shopping at Kohls and you got side tracked and checked and went to the DIS boards. While on the DIS, you see Kohl's advertising on the bottom of the DIS as an advertisement. Guess what your items just went over to the cache on the DIS boards. The DIS does not have a reward site, but they probably get something from Kohl's when the cache links up with what you are ordering because they are advertising.

As many of you, I use my SW RR account to earn points (miles) by shopping. I am always careful to log into the shopping app first. Recently, I started tracking to ensure that I was actually receiving the points. I found that approx. 25% of the time, I did not.

I now track my purchases, and follow up with RR customer service (missing points request on the RR shopping website) if the points do not appear in 2-3 weeks. They are extremely quick to respond, and almost always deposit the missing points within 48 hours.

I'm not sure how many points I've lost up to this point, but I will be tracking going forward.

Just thought I would pass this tip on, hope it helps someone!

^^^^^THIS!

This year I have shopped so much through RR shopping that I achieved companion pass by early September (with a few business trips thrown in).

Our house flooded during Harvey last year, so the shopping was a necessary evil. BUT very early in 2017 I was also meticulously tracking all of my shopping, all of the points/dollar each time I shopped and noticed that I was not receiving my points. I, too, had to go into the website, request my missing points, wait for a response (Alot is the person that I often get a response from) and then email back and forth with them until I received my points. And I have been relentless about this! I save EVERYTHING - all confirmation emails. All emails telling me that my order is being processed. Every single email because yes, somewhere along the line, they decided that they needed those initial emails PDF'd and sent to them for !!VERIFICATION!!?? I was not happy at all when that happened, but because I am vigilant about saving emails, I have them all.

I actually sent in an email complaint about this two months ago and received a phone call from a SW customer service agent!

Most recently, I notice that points are being deducted without warrant. The most recent time was 737 points being deducted by Express (that was my ENTIRE purchase). I sent an email telling them that I had not returned anything, had not used any codes, etc. And they wrote back that I needed to send them yet another email PDF. Sigh.... then yesterday I noticed that they magically appeared and I hadn't even send in an email.

I'm pretty sure that once Southwest announces their flights to Hawaii that I'll continue to acrue points (however I can - flying, rental cars, hotels, etc.) to get a few "free" flights and then be done with Southwest, the SW Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal and move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!