"Ready Are You?" - Maintaining Rebel Challenge Legacy - A Continuous Journal - Update 5/29

Did you get your trip report posted from Dark Side?

I loved all the set ups for Dark Side and the photo opportunities! I'm actually kinda glad I'm not running Wine & Dine Half so that when my husband and I get there in the morning - I can get all the photos! I'm sure we'll get one photo together at the 10K but at the half - he'll join me for one and then I'll just do the rest. I won't feel stressed out that I have to be at the front of my corral (he doesn't worry about it like I do, but he's usually in the front!).

Surgery went well. It feels great to be off the crutches as of Friday and I can just survive in the booth for the next month!

I'm sad I lost legacy but at least with my husband keeping it up - I can see what the special stuff is and still have it in my home in 3 more years! Kinda how I feel about not getting the challenge medals for Dark Side!
I still have to finish my Light Side report. LOL. But now I actually have all my trip notes transferred from my head to the computer, so it's getting closer.

I'm excited to report, I got a 10K bib for W&D! I'm also trying to plan princess half through TA and maybe just maybe I'll run SW half (since we'll be there.Undecided since we're bringing my sisters and her family) and last my first trip to DL for Tink with @MommaoffherRocker!

Yay! I'm running that too! We're there Princess weekend as well! I'm just doing the 10K - my husband is doing the challenge! You need a redo after last year. You should totally do the SW Half! If we don't run into each other in the next year, I'm going to swear you are avoiding me ;).

I still have to finish my Light Side report. LOL. But now I actually have all my trip notes transferred from my head to the computer, so it's getting closer.

At least you have your notes! I have to get them written or I forget things! I actually write ahead of my posts so when I get a chance to sit and write, I can keep up with posting every 2 to 5 days.

May Update

So just an update to show I still exist…

May 1st

I officially signed up for the St. Jude’s Half Marathon in Memphis, TN! I’m going to start working on fundraising once I’m allowed to start training again (hopefully July!) At least I got $200 of my $1500 goal! Or here's the link if someone is feeling generous and in need of a tax write off...http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR?px=4565025&fr_id=67039&pg=personal

May 4th

I bought 2 May The 4th Be With You Items as well, I am Dis_Yoda! First was from the Lego Store. I bought the newly released Snowspeeder and then 3 sets that were on sale and then I got R2D2 for free! I’m keeping with the theme of Lego Star Wars Ships. The other item was I bought my husband and I the Mystery Shirt from InknBurn for May the 4th! I’m hoping it is a K2SO shirt but I’m being open minded! They seem to like the robots more than other themes!

B47DZp2.png

$330 Worth of Legos

X9L0lzf.png

Inknburn Mystery Shirt

May 10th
Early Sign Ups for 2018 Star Wars - Dark Side!

I decided to just sign up for the 10K. My husband is signed up for the challenge. I decided to save the $200 for my wallet since I lost legacy this year. Might as well just enjoy the race distance that I enjoy the most!

tjOoYMZ.png

May 12th

Here it is! Surgery Day! This has been a long time coming! We checked me into the hospital around 7:30AM and I got to sit around and wait until 8:45AM to be taken back into the pre-surgery area for prep. I can officially say I’m not pregnant as they test for that! (Not that I was worried) I also told them at least a dozen times that yes, I’ve been fasting since well before midnight, yes I’m consenting to you opening up my left ankle, my blood type is A+, no, I’m not diabetic (I take metformin for PCOS) but sure, we can test my blood glucose anyway. There are some other questions that I’m forgetting. The nurse said I was the easiest going patient she’s had in awhile! That shocked me! Why complain to the nurse/staff about things that don’t matter when they are going to be the people around you when you are about to be put under anesthesia? I don’t care I have to wear ugly socks or that it hurt a bit to put the iv in my hand (well duh, I’m kinda dehydrated since I haven’t had any water or food since 7PM the day before!) They let my husband hang out with me until I was pulled into the operating room a little after 9:30AM. He thought it would be funny to take a photo of me pre-op.

CWQxeFs.png

Before Surgery

Obviously, I was out for the surgery. I woke up with a foot completely wrapped up and on the way to the recovery area around 11AM, I couldn’t stop crying! I don’t even know the reason why. Apparently anesthesia makes me want to have a really good cry! The recovery nurse said she’s seen it before and not to be worried. Some people just react like that. She also pointed out that the person across from me in the recovery area must be a real jerk in real life since he’s being so mean to everyone as he was getting out of it! His wife wasn’t even at the hospital for him waiting and they couldn't get ahold of her (and when she did show up - she wasn’t a nice person either!) My husband came in as soon as it was allowed as he waited in the family room.

Overall the surgery went well! They removed the bad ligament, repaired the torn ones and put in an Arthrex Internal Brace (a non-metallic brace) We were on our way home by 12:00PM. I spent most of the weekend in bed, sleeping or watching a Netflix show that wouldn’t matter if I fell asleep in the middle of (Futurama!)

qHAMq8l.png

Home After Surgery

UPnIoJM.png

Under Air Cast

May 15th

A very nerdy new Sparkle Skirt arrived! I’m trying to figure out what race this will debut at! I may also end up wearing it for my 2nd Job on ‘dress up’ days with a pair of leggings under it since I’m a math tutor now!

S4eEqv0.png

Rubik’s Cubes!

I also had my first post-op appointment today! It went well - they changed the dressings and my husband picked his favorite color for the wrap. I was told to start moving my toes and just going up and down with my foot at first. It was rough at first! It took it out of me!

A8WJOOt.png

May 18th

You know how when you’re married, you aren’t always the happy about the decisions your significant other makes? That’s me on this day. My husband is working on his lower leg tattoo sleeve. I don’t like it but I’m trying to be open minded on how it’s going to be when it's finished (next month)

31YwzIa.png

Design

nE8aD9e.png

Husband’s New Tattoo

May 22nd

I had my 2nd Post-Op. Stitches came out! My incision is smaller than I thought it was going to be! I know I’ll have a scar but it won’t be as bad as I originally imagined! I also was told to start moving my foot in a circle when I’m relaxing on the couch to start that part of my recovery. I’m moving it up and down pretty well at this point but the circle is a struggle! I also got orders for a post-op X-Ray to make sure everything is fine. I got the X-Ray done on the 24th since the 23rd was busy after work for other reasons.

May 23rd

This was not a good day. Jafar, our rescue cocker-dachshund mix had been having some issues over the past couple of weeks. He started having really labored breathing even at rest. The night before this day, he refused to have his nightly half of Beggin Strip and get into his crate. While he’s always been strong willed, this was really odd. He had resisted his crate at the end of April but we thought it could have been because he wanted his blanket cleaned or something but now I’m wondering if that was the first sign we should have noticed. Well, we brought him to the vet. After x-rays, blood work and blood pressure, he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He is now on 3 medications but we’re starting to have ‘those’ conversations. I could tell from the doctor, she wasn’t going to give us a firm timeline. My husband thinks I’m a basketcase as I can’t stop crying every time I think or talk about it but we’ve had him for around 9 years. We have a follow up appointment on June 2nd to see how the medication is working. We’ll see how it's going but I’m scared I’m going to open the crate one morning and he’ll just be gone. He’s also being more reserved in general. I hate having to deal with our pets getting older. Sorry to be a downer :(

0iMOW5C.jpg

Happy to be leaving the vet!

May 25th

My first InknBurn top arrived today! I purchased the April 1st pre-order. I now have my shirt ready for the Wine & Dine 10k! Just to figure out which of my SparkleSkirts match it or if I ‘have’ to buy a new one! (This isn't my photo of the shirt - mine is in the bag still waiting for November!)

31UTAxX.png

May 29th

Today is the day of our favorite semi-local race! It is in Punta Gorda, FL for the Memorial Day 5K/10K! Since I’m recovery from surgery still (at least I’m allowed to walk in a boot), I opted to volunteer for the first time. My husband ran the 10K! This race is put on by a veteran’s support group for Charlotte County and they are currently working on getting homes through Habitat for Humanity for some of their area vets.

We arrived at 5:30AM since I was working the registration booth for the 2018 races. My husband slept in the car for another 45 minutes since he didn’t have to get his bib until 6:45AM at the latest. He got his stuff and headed to the race start. The race starts at 7AM with a flyover from the local military.

MbMZyYv.jpg

Flyover

Aoqfb3d.jpg

Mascot Pup!

I did get an action shot of my husband!
s2AWU79.jpg

In the end, he placed 3rd place for his age group (30 to 34) and I won one of the raffle baskets! The basket I won had a ton of beauty stuff and protein items. I put (his) raffle ticket in that as who doesn’t like girly things? It has a 7 Day Bare Minerals Detox for your Face, Travel Kit for Face, Make Up Remover, Underarm Wipes (that will be great post races!), Body Shop Body Lotion, Moroccan Oil, Body Mist, Spa Teas, Candle, Glass Water Bottle, a Protein Blender, tons of protein shakes and pre-workouts and some protein bars. I’m pretty happy with this! We never win raffles!

lap7ta5.jpg

w8TBnVu.jpg

AXOKGMH.jpg

Yay! I'm running that too! We're there Princess weekend as well! I'm just doing the 10K - my husband is doing the challenge! You need a redo after last year. You should totally do the SW Half! If we don't run into each other in the next year, I'm going to swear you are avoiding me ;).
Haha! You're right, I do need a princess do over! Freaking Gallbladder and esophageal spasms! I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point! We better!

Oops, forgot to say hooray to DH and that looks like an awesome basket!

Sorry to hear about your pup! We found out our 12 yo kitty has an abdominal mass and likely lymphoma :( she's been hanging in there. It's so tough!

As always, enjoying catching up with your report. Hope you are feeling great after your surgery and that recovery is going well and speedy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!