"Real" Occupancy Limits for 1BR Villas

nderh2o

Mouseketeer
Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am not trying to skirt the rules and have 20 people cram into a 1BR villa.

However, I have heard that many 1 BR villas that are limited to 4 adults will allow a 5th adult (not infant in a crib) to be on the reservation but they do not provide linens etc (use a blowup mattress and bring your own). Does the same hold true for Old Key West? Can I have a 6th adult at OKW in a 1BR if I provide a blowup mattress and linens?

Currently we have a 2BR reservation at BLT but plans are falling apart for several people so instead of having 9, may be down to 5 or 6. I don't need a 2BR space wise (and the lower points would help with future trips if I bank). However, I don't want to change reservations if I have to "sneak" someone into the room and, more importantly, if I can't have them on the reservation for FP+ planning.

Thank you.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am not trying to skirt the rules and have 20 people cram into a 1BR villa.

However, I have heard that many 1 BR villas that are limited to 4 adults will allow a 5th adult (not infant in a crib) to be on the reservation but they do not provide linens etc (use a blowup mattress and bring your own). Does the same hold true for Old Key West? Can I have a 6th adult at OKW in a 1BR if I provide a blowup mattress and linens?

Currently we have a 2BR reservation at BLT but plans are falling apart for several people so instead of having 9, may be down to 5 or 6. I don't need a 2BR space wise (and the lower points would help with future trips if I bank). However, I don't want to change reservations if I have to "sneak" someone into the room and, more importantly, if I can't have them on the reservation for FP+ planning.

Thank you.
The occupancy limit for 1-BRs at OKW is 5 + one "under 3" child. Unfortunately, if you have 6 adults then you have too many people for a 1-BR at any of the resorts. If you were to try to book 6 adults into an OKW 1-BR online, you would get a warning that the room type cannot accommodate your travel party and the booking engine will not continue. This is not the same as booking 5 adults into, let's say a 1-BR at BWV, where the booking engine will continue but you will see this listed for the BWV 1-BR: Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.

The "real" occupancy limit for almost every DVC 1BR is 5, save for AKV-Value and CCV. The question is if the 1BR has 5 bed spaces.

It's not "capacity+1" or "bed space+1." It is a hard 5, save for the aforementioned capacity 4 units at AKV and CCV. Note that at AKV Savannah and Standard sleep 5 on 5 bed surfaces; it's JUST Value that has the lower limit.

Thanks all. That's what I figured. I've stayed at most resorts with the exception of Poly, AKL Kidani, and GF so I am familiar with the layout. I suppose pre-FP+ there were quite a few people that probably snuck an extra guest in the room on an airbed provided they weren't doing a dining plan. As I said, I have a 2BR reservation but was looking for options to save points if I only end up with 6 people actually being able to make the trip.

The occupancy limit for 1-BRs at OKW is 5 + one "under 3" child. Unfortunately, if you have 6 adults then you have too many people for a 1-BR at any of the resorts. If you were to try to book 6 adults into an OKW 1-BR online, you would get a warning that the room type cannot accommodate your travel party and the booking engine will not continue. This is not the same as booking 5 adults into, let's say a 1-BR at BWV, where the booking engine will continue but you will see this listed for the BWV 1-BR: Sleeps 4 – 5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that NO ADDITIONAL BEDDING, LINENS OR TOWELS WILL BE PROVIDED.
The ONE under 3 is a Disney Policy not a DVC one so this could change in the future.

If you know you will have 5 -6 adults, I would keep the 2 bedroom. You will feel so much more comfortable. Plus, 3 bathrooms. Even, if you only have 5. You can spread out. Use the bedrooms for sleeping and keep main living area open for those who like to stay up late or the ones who like to get up early. Early risers in kitchen, will not wake anyone up!

Good luck.

If you know you will have 5 -6 adults, I would keep the 2 bedroom. You will feel so much more comfortable. Plus, 3 bathrooms. Even, if you only have 5. You can spread out. Use the bedrooms for sleeping and keep main living area open for those who like to stay up late or the ones who like to get up early. Early risers in kitchen, will not wake anyone up!

Good luck.

And they could go ahead and get breakfast started too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter