Reassigning tickets?

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
I purchased a 9-day PH ticket for my son for our July trip that we are no longer going on.

We have a family trip for next APRIL at BLT that I was trying to make park reservations for.

My DH, DD, and myself have APs but my daughter's AP shows an expiration date of 3/31/21. With the extension, it should get pushed out until the end of April and cover that trip but I have heard that extra month won't show up until October? I don't want to wait that long to make park reservations so I was thinking of reassigning my son'd unused 9-day ticket to her and making our park reservations and then when her AP gets extended, change it back to him. He likely will not be joining us for this trip and if he does it will be for a couple days at the beginning or the end since he is in college.

Am I allowed to reassign tickets and then reassign them again?

Thanks!

This post from another thread may be helpful:
UPDATE: Success on our "No Park Available" Booking Issue!! Yes I said SUCCESS!! This may work for you.

Reading some other forum members discussing what CM had to do to get their MDE to work, I decided to try modifying our non-activated DVC AP Voucher status myself. Both DW and I have non-activated DVC AP Vouchers from 2011 in our individual MDE's. Earlier today I created DW's own MDE trying to fix this issue, which didn’t yet solve the problem. At least DW is slowly moving up the tech ladder even though I am pulling all the strings behind the curtain.

First I tried to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE, but it wouldn't let me because it said I had Fast Pass + Reservations linked to it. Strange, but I went in and cancelled my one and only Park Pass, which I guess MDE sees as a FP+ assignment. Then and only then was I able to 'Reassign' my non-activated DVC AP Voucher to her MDE. So far so good.

Then I went and experimented with booking lots of Park Passes. It worked! Then I went into DW’s MDE, and tried to transfer the non-activated AP Vouchers to my MDE. But again I was blocked since I now had Park Passes (ergo FP+ assignments). What to do, what to do? I needed to get both non-activated AP Vouchers off of our MDE’s somehow in order to proceed with both of us getting Park Passes.

Thought about ‘Reassigning’ the DVC Vouchers to one of my daughters. But as we all know, Family and DVC doesn’t always mix well! Vaguely remembered someone on a forum had said they created a dummy MDE account to move tickets to for future assignment. I used an old Apple@me.com email to create the dummy MDE account. I always wanted a son, and now I have a ‘Tommy Jr.’ dummy MDE account with a Jack-Jack Avatar! Our non-activated DVC AP Vouchers successfully ‘Reassigned’ to the dummy account, and they still show that I can ‘Reassign’ them back to us when needed.

Then I was able to easily book 15 Park Day Passes for our Oct, Dec and Jan trips using our existing DVC Platinum AP valid thru 2/7/21. For our March trip, I was only able to book 4 of the 5 days as the reservation system looked at our remaining 4 NE tickets. Our 1 month bonus ‘Pixie Dust’ AP extension promised by Disney won’t occur until the end of Oct, so then I can book the final 25th Park Day when our AP’s are extended to 3/9/21.

I’m so happy I think I’m going to cry! So if you’re in a similar situation with vouchers or tickets which can be ‘Reassigned’, you might want to try this trick. Otherwise you’ll have to hope WDW IT will fix this soon, and/or get thru to a CM who will create a ‘Holding Account’ for your vouchers/tickets and hope everything is recoverable. Good luck to you all.

Thank you, but this seems super confusing to me. I have to make a fake account to reassign the ticket?
If you want to transfer to another "actual person," just have that person either as part of your MDX account, or ask them to become "connected to" (friends and family) to your MDX account.
Then do the transfer.

Am I allowed to reassign tickets and then reassign them again?
Never-used tickets can be transferred as many times as necessary.
The situation will likely be that the person to whom YOU first transferred the ticket may need to be the person who makes the next transfer.

If you want to transfer to another "actual person," just have that person either as part of your MDX account, or ask them to become "connected to" (friends and family) to your MDX account.
Then do the transfer.

Never-used tickets can be transferred as many times as necessary.
The situation will likely be that the person to whom YOU first transferred the ticket may need to be the person who makes the next transfer.

Thank you! This was very helpful!

Can I reassign my DS's ticket to my DH (who already has a ticket that's not being used yet - after the reassignment DH would have two separate three day tickets)? My DS's ticket has park reservations on it and my DH's does not and now my DS isn't able to come with but my DH is The reassign ticket feature shows up in MDE but I'm afraid if I change it, I'll lose the park reservations... could be I'm just being paranoid.... :scared: Thank you!

Can I reassign my DS's ticket to my DH (who already has a ticket that's not being used yet - after the reassignment DH would have two separate three day tickets)? My DS's ticket has park reservations on it and my DH's does not and now my DS isn't able to come with but my DH is The reassign ticket feature shows up in MDE but I'm afraid if I change it, I'll lose the park reservations... could be I'm just being paranoid.... :scared: Thank you!
When are you going? I had to do the exact same thing today and had no problem getting the "new" park reservations

You won't lose the Park Reservations, but they won't transfer either. Park Reservations are similar to ADRs - they are not attached to tickets or resort reservations. Once made, they won't go away if you change (or cancel) resorts or tickets. They cannot be transferred to another person.

If you reassign a ticket, the original Park Reservations will remain with the original person, and you'll need to make new Park Reservations for the second person - which can now be done since they now have a ticket.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!