Rebooking Incentive

amybethchristiansen

Mouseketeer
I just read an article that people who had to cancel their vacation get free dining if they rebook over the summer. This offer will be good for annual passholders as well. I wonder if they will provide any incentive for DVC members as well. I'm thinking not, but it is nice to dream.

I got the email about It.

The key is this special doesn’t work with room discounts so it’s not really much more than the normal program.

So, guests still pay rack rates and free dining isn’t always the best discount for many families.

ETA. Someone posted on Resorts that the quote they got was over $4k for a room at BW for one adult and child’s and that it was way more than the trip she lost

Last edited:
I just read an article that people who had to cancel their vacation get free dining if they rebook over the summer. This offer will be good for annual passholders as well. I wonder if they will provide any incentive for DVC members as well. I'm thinking not, but it is nice to dream.
There is absolutely no reason to offer DVC members anything. They already have your money. Even if you sell, they get the money from the new owner.

There is absolutely no reason to offer DVC members anything. They already have your money. Even if you sell, they get the money from the new owner.
So true. If anything, they’re going to be looking at a lack of inventory due to all of the points sitting out there from this closure. The last thing DVC needs to do is try to attract owners to book with their “use it or lose it” points.

Guys remember, as DVC owners, we get perks throughout the year...Be that on AP's, or on the discounted dining, or the merch. MM events,etc. etc. Like a PP stated our $$$ is already in their pockets, so they pretty much know we will be coming back anyhow...Would it be a nice gesture to throw us maybe a quick service meal plan or as such, yes but I'm not worried (holding my breath) waiting for it.. TBH I just want to be on property again, not necessarily for any ride or such, but just to be able to be down there again.

Guys remember, as DVC owners, we get perks throughout the year...Be that on AP's, or on the discounted dining, or the merch. MM events,etc. etc. Like a PP stated our $$$ is already in their pockets, so they pretty much know we will be coming back anyhow...Would it be a nice gesture to throw us maybe a quick service meal plan or as such, yes but I'm not worried (holding my breath) waiting for it.. TBH I just want to be on property again, not necessarily for any ride or such, but just to be able to be down there again.

I think that this seems like they are throwing the cash guests some great deal. It’s not,

Many people booked during that time were traveling on a discount Already This was simply coming out with a different discount for summer,

People who are affected and want to move their trip and just keep the discount they had they are not allowed.

Yes, they now have a new discount for summer, but unless free dining is something that works for your family, in many cases, it’s worse than what those guests had,

I think that this seems like they are throwing the cash guests some great deal. It’s not,

Many people booked during that time were traveling on a discount Already This was simply coming out with a different discount for summer,

People who are affected and want to move their trip and just keep the discount they had they are not allowed.

Yes, they now have a new discount for summer, but unless free dining is something that works for your family, in many cases, it’s worse than what those guests had,
True..Depending on the # of guests is a huge factor..The more guests staying in a particular room, would mean more people reaping the rewards of the FD...Prior to DVC for us being a family of 4, FD always was the best route for us to go....Mind you, we always eat on property, and never travel outside the bubble. * Even if that means we'd spend a lil more at the WDW TS. But I see what you mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter