Recent BOG Dining Experiences

Duffy Lover

What?!?!? No!
Hi, all! I'm trying to wrap my brain around dining during COVID and I'm only considering indoor places with big open ceilings/spaces. Outside of the west wing room, BOG is pretty wide open. But are they really keeping tables spread out? More than 6 feet? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks!

My daughter and I had lunch at BOG on Sunday, October 4th at 2:20. We sat in the main dining room and the tables are spread out. This is the second restaurant we had eaten in since COVID. We were very happy with the spacing of the tables. Felt BOG was doing a great job. The food was delicious and to us, was worth it. My daughter had the filet and I had the scallops. Sorry, the photos are dark and I am not good at attaching

IMG_2703.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 32
My daughter and I had lunch at BOG on Sunday, October 4th at 2:20. We sat in the main dining room and the tables are spread out. This is the second restaurant we had eaten in since COVID. We were very happy with the spacing of the tables. Felt BOG was doing a great job. The food was delicious and to us, was worth it. My daughter had the filet and I had the scallops. Sorry, the photos are dark and I am not good at attaching

View attachment 533040
I have and ADR there and was considering the scallops. Glad to hear you enjoyed them

We were there last week on Wednesday and the tables were about six feet apart. The Beast walked through the dining room about three times while we were dining. We had the filet and it was excellent. It was our first time dining there and we enjoyed our meal.

Anybody happen to know if you can still pre-order for dinner? My adr is about 26 days out, but don't see the option in MDE on phone or computer.

Anybody happen to know if you can still pre-order for dinner? My adr is about 26 days out, but don't see the option in MDE on phone or computer.
Preorder was only for QS breakfast and lunch. Those are currently not available. Lunch is now signature dining.

Hi, all! I'm trying to wrap my brain around dining during COVID and I'm only considering indoor places with big open ceilings/spaces. Outside of the west wing room, BOG is pretty wide open. But are they really keeping tables spread out? More than 6 feet? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks!
We were there for lunch on 9/28. NO, the tables are not 6 feet apart. We were in the West Wing (I think = it had Beast's human portrait). We were right under it. People walk right next to your table to take pics. We had our masks off of course because we were eating. The people taking pics had their masks on.

The filet was great. We had the charcuterie, lobster bisque, and salad. Husband said the said was okay-it was a salad. Daughter said the bisque was good, and my other daughter and I had the charcuterie. The meat and cheese are fine, but they need some other accompaniment. Maybe dried fruit, fresh fruit, maybe some sort of bread or cracker? The dessert trio was not cold enough. Poor Chip's nose was melting and the truffle was also melting. They would have all been better cold.

The Beast did not walk through our room. He was in the doorway for a couple of seconds facing outwards. Of course it is very dark in this particular room.

All the tables around us were filled. We have eaten here in the past. Breakfast and lunch using a QS credit were great bargains but that is a thing of the past. We only dined here again because one of our adult daughters had not been to WDW since 2012.

I recommend it once. We had the TIW card and so the cost we saved around $40.

Was there this past Tuesday, seated in the ballroom, and I felt like the tables were pretty well spaced in all areas of the restaurant. Yeah, you're allowed to walk through the dining areas as long as you're masked, but if having people do that is a cause for concern you probably shouldn't be visiting WDW at this time anyway. I had the sea scallops and can give them a strong recommendation! I only wish there were more of them on the plate 😋 We were there long enough for the Beast to make his rounds three times, though we were in a corner so I didn't get any really great photos.

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie... and this will be our first trip to BOG (well, it's our first trip to WDW , period).

I understand there are three possible rooms you might be seated in.

Which is your favorite and why? Do you have recommendations (assuming we are allowed to request a particular room)?

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie... and this will be our first trip to BOG (well, it's our first trip to WDW , period).

Which is your favorite and why? Do you have recommendations (assuming we are allowed to request a particular room)?

We usually go every year for PPO breakfast. On dining plan it is a great use for QS, and my daughter loves it. We always got there first thing, and sat next to the snowy window in the ballroom. We did dinner once, and just sat where they put us (middle of ballroom), it wasn’t the most amazing location, but it was fine. One and done for dinner. But maybe next to the windows in the ballroom. It is a great place in an empty morning.

Anyone know if an adult can order off the child’s menu & pay the child prix fixe price?

We usually go every year for PPO breakfast. On dining plan it is a great use for QS, and my daughter loves it. We always got there first thing, and sat next to the snowy window in the ballroom. We did dinner once, and just sat where they put us (middle of ballroom), it wasn’t the most amazing location, but it was fine. One and done for dinner. But maybe next to the windows in the ballroom. It is a great place in an empty morning.

it is no longer open for breakfast and it is prix fixe lunch and dinner table service. No longer any QS there at all sadly.

My favorite is the ballroom, it feels the fanciest, straight out of the movie. Second would be the west wing...very moody in there. The rose room is kind of blah to me.

Anyone know if an adult can order off the child’s menu & pay the child prix fixe price?
No, adults need to pay adult price since it's fixed price... it's similar to a buffet that way. I think they will let you substitute an item from the children's menu if you prefer (probably in an adult size?)

My favorite is the ballroom, it feels the fanciest, straight out of the movie. Second would be the west wing...very moody in there. The rose room is kind of blah to me.
Thank you!

Does anyone know if they're currently taking any sort of requests for which room to be in? I don't even know what they did during "the before days," much less now.

No, adults need to pay adult price since it's fixed price... it's similar to a buffet that way. I think they will let you substitute an item from the children's menu if you prefer (probably in an adult size?)
Ok good to know. That’s the main issue not price. One person in my party doesn’t like any of the entrees for adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter