Recent Cruisers - Checking in questions

cruzindon

Mouseketeer
We are on the 8/2 Western and have not cruised since 9-11.

I understand that luggage is checked outside now as well as id's.

Can I drop off the family with their id's and tickets and have them check-in while I return the rental at Avis?

Can DS(15) stand in line while DW and DS(19) check themselves in or does DS(15) need to be present at the counter also?

Can DW check me in while I am at Avis if she had my ticket and ID or do I need Birth Certificate to get past security outside?

Thanks for asking this question. We are on the 8/2 cruise also and my DH will be dropping us off at the port before he drops the car off at Avis. I thought I had read somewhere that he needed to have his cruise documents and ID on him. I was hoping that I could begin the check-in process. I hope some recent cruiser out there has an answer for this. I would hate to have my hubby stopped outside the terminal and not be allowed in!!

No, your entire party must be present to check in, kids included. Be prepared to show your ID multiple times.

Sorry, but that is not true. We were on the 7/5 cruise and my wife and I checked us in while our kids stood on the boarding line.

When we cruised last Sept., the 4 of us entered the terminal together (after showing IDs/checking bags outside), then DH checked us in while I took DS to the bathroom. The CM held me passport & told DH to have me go right up to the counter to retrieve it. My guess is she needed to make sure my face matched the picture. I'd still like the answer to the original question, too, as DH will be dropping us off & returning the rental as others plan.

Woobie

I think it might vary from CM to CM. In Feb 03, my husband dropped us (me and DD8) off with the luggage at the terminal. Left to bring the car back to Avis and I stood in line to check us in. I had the paperwork and birth certificate for DH, but not license. They checked us all in and did not ask for my husband to present himself. Go figure!

You're right when you say it depends on the CM. In Oct. 02 my DH and Dad dropped us off and returned the rental car. I checked my family in (all 7 of us) and my step mother checked herself and my Dad in with the CM next to mine. My CM gave me DH's KKTW card while my Dad had to go get his. Now maybe my CM just made a mistake as I was checking in 7 people (5 kids plus DH & myself). The two older (10) kids were not with us -- they were in line. The guys did keep their ID's with them so they could get back in the terminal. It worked out very well.

Does the person dropping off the car need to have just his license or does he also need cruise docs (in order to get back in the terminal)??

Does the person dropping off the car need to have just his license or does he also need cruise docs (in order to get back in the terminal)??

That person does need to keep his license and docs to get back in the terminal.

Each adult needs to keep their own photo ID with them at all times.

We were going to do the drop off thing then return the car to Avis. We ended up going to Avis instead and it was really pretty hassel free and didn't take long to get the car checked in and us over to the port. Avis had multiple shuttles running and so did the Raddison. This way we stayed together.

The shuttle dropped us off way out in the parking lot across the street from the terminal. There was a porter there to collect our "checked" luggage. She then directed us in the right direction to get to the terminal. During the walk there, there was a checkpoint where DCL checked our photo ID with a passenger list and let us continue on.

I do like them checking / screening the carryon items outside the terminal building so that once you do start to board you don't need to go through that hassel again. You will need your photo ID when going through security, during the check in process and then finally as you go through the Mickey ears onto the ship (along with your KTTC).

First thing we did once the ship left port and the stores opened up was to buy a DCL lanyard that has the clear plastic KTTW card/Photo ID holder on the end of it. We used them on the ship all of the time and when we go through the airports since you need your ID many, many times these days.

Does anyone know how much a cab ride from the Radisson to the Port would cost? Where is the dropoff spot for cabs? Thanks for the help as always.

I just want to add that last summer on my cruise we dropped off our Avis car at the Radisson and took the shuttle. It was quite hectic there. In fact, I think we were supposed to reserve a shuttle time in advance which I did not know. I do think dropping off everyone and luggage first is a good idea because it's much easier to get one seat on the shuttle instead of a family and luggage at such a hectic time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter