Recycling Wdw T-shirts And Clothing

Mouser

THESE COLORS DO NOT RUN!!
I used to have two boys home who grew like weeds and I have to admit over the years I did require larger t-shirts myself..so we had a lot of WDW T-shirts that no longer fit any of us and were just taking up closet space.....I used to just give them away or sell them at yard sales, but generally they do not mean much to those people..till I got this great idea.....

I had a bunch to get rid of that no one here would ever be able to wear again..and I thougth of one of my internet Disney friends..the shirts were in good shape and they could wear them. What a treat it was for them to get a bunch of WDW T-Shirts that they absolutely loved....

If you have shirts or other WDW clothing such as sweatshirts, kids clothing, hats, bags anything.that is of no use to you anymore...see if any of your Disney friends or anyone here on the DIS could use them..it will really make someones day and they will go to good use with some other Disney person...just my thought for the day. With the cost of WDW merchandise being so high I am sure people would be happy to get them...:D :D :D

I read a post last aug. about turning them into a quilt,but I could never figure it out?? and I have really tried,too.

Could someone help me,with directions,please???

Originally posted by tink2dw
I read a post last aug. about turning them into a quilt,but I could never figure it out?? and I have really tried,too.

Could someone help me,with directions,please???
[/QUOTE

I can help! I made a t-shirt quilt about 15 years ago. The idea
came straight out of my head, although I've seen it many times
since. And it was my Disney t-shirts that I could not part with
that got me started. Here's what to do:

Get a flannel flat sheet or an old blanket, but not the thermal
kind...too stretchy.

Cut out the part of the t-shirts you want. Pin them to the
sheet/blanket right next to each other. Think "collage".
If you are goint to cover the back of the sheet
as well as the front, sew the backs on first. Use a tight
zig-zag stitch. Each row of stitching should be joining 2 shirts.
Sew them right ONTO the blanket.
For an edge....well, I never DID figure that out. I used blanket
edging, but that fell apart quickly. This blanket gets ALOT of use.
My other idea was to edge it with denim...get it? T-shirts and
jeans!!

You can't make it too big because it becomes difficult to pull
through the machine. I used a twin blanket for mine.

Anyhow, I hope this is clear. Any questions, you can email me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter