>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

In the past I wasn’t a fan of taking the mug and carrying it with me. Say it’s filled with coffee or hot chocolate before you board the bus..like you said, there’s no way to fill it up in the parks unless you hop over to a resort.

My previous mindset was If I knew I’ll be stopping at a resort I’ll take it but otherwise I’ll leave it in the room. That was until I got tired of getting back to the resort at 10pm and having to go back to the room (not a short walk) to go get the mug and walk back to the food court and then back to the room. I like to have something cold before I go to bed and I love the Powerade.

Best way is to just take a small pack with you and use a carabiner and you’ll forget it’s even there.
If we get them, we will sometimes take them with us.

But I have a scooter with a basket, so I will attach them to the scooter basket so we don't have to carry them.

If we get them, we will sometimes take them with us.

But I have a scooter with a basket, so I will attach them to the scooter basket so we don't have to carry them.
That's wise to attach them to the basket so they won't get "borrowed" by another guest.

We don't usually take a bag with the two of us, so carrying the mug to the parks doesn't work for us. What does work is a quick trip (or a final fill-up after breakfast) to fill the mugs and then return them to the room refrigerator. I drink iced tea, so no problems with having it sit in the fridge all day, and DH doesn't care if his pop is somewhat flat-as long as its cold when we get back to the room.

We don't usually take a bag with the two of us, so carrying the mug to the parks doesn't work for us. What does work is a quick trip (or a final fill-up after breakfast) to fill the mugs and then return them to the room refrigerator. I drink iced tea, so no problems with having it sit in the fridge all day, and DH doesn't care if his pop is somewhat flat-as long as its cold when we get back to the room.
I hate taking bags into the parks and up until a few years ago I avoided doing so but my system works pretty well and I don't have to worry about getting dehydrated.
https://postimages.org/
My hydration pack holds 3 liters of water. I'll fill it up with ice and water at the food court before jumping on the bus. It holds my essentials: ID, credit card and phone charger. The mug is safe and sound and isn't going anywhere with the carabiner and once I get back to the hotel I don't have to go all the way back to the room and back to the food court just to fill it up.

That is a great idea to fill it up before you leave and keep it in the fridge for when you return.

I hate taking bags into the parks and up until a few years ago I avoided doing so but my system works pretty well and I don't have to worry about getting dehydrated.

My hydration pack holds 3 liters of water. I'll fill it up with ice and water at the food court before jumping on the bus. It holds my essentials: ID, credit card and phone charger. The mug is safe and sound and isn't going anywhere with the carabiner and once I get back to the hotel I don't have to go all the way back to the room and back to the food court just to fill it up.

That is a great idea to fill it up before you leave and keep it in the fridge for when you return.
You just have to be careful that no one takes it off your pack when you are in close quarters.

I apologize if this has been answered, but am I correct that there is NO form of refillable cup IN the parks? I know the resort mugs do not work in the park, but is there another cup of any kind that you can buy in the park and get free/cheap refills? Or do you have to buy every soda individually? My crew drinks a lot of soda.

I apologize if this has been answered, but am I correct that there is NO form of refillable cup IN the parks? I know the resort mugs do not work in the park, but is there another cup of any kind that you can buy in the park and get free/cheap refills? Or do you have to buy every soda individually? My crew drinks a lot of soda.
There is no form of refillable cup for the parks. Other than the water parks.

There are a few places that will allow you to refill, while you are dining. But you wouldn't be able to comeback after a few hours and fill up again. Well, you aren't supposed to come back after a few hours and refill.

It’s just so wild and you wouldn’t expect it at WDW. Not to mention there are cameras everywhere but I guess Disney doesn’t have time to investigate a mug theft so they just replace it.
Our grandson had his refillable mug stolen when he was in a resort arcade. They would not replace it.

Our grandson had his refillable mug stolen when he was in a resort arcade. They would not replace it.
Wow sorry to hear that. I'm surprised same thing happened to my friend who is at ASSp and they replaced the mug for her.

Wow sorry to hear that. I'm surprised same thing happened to my friend who is at ASSp and they replaced the mug for her.

I don't know how much technology is inside the cup. I know it has a chip but is that chip tied to your account? I would think not but the cashier has to register the mug for it to work so they should incorporate a feature where they can also deactivate the mug in case it gets stolen.

I don't know how much technology is inside the cup. I know it has a chip but is that chip tied to your account? I would think not but the cashier has to register the mug for it to work so they should incorporate a feature where they can also deactivate the mug in case it gets stolen.
Doesn't work that way. It is just activated for 14 days to use the Rapid Refill equipment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!