Refillable Mugs at Boardwalk

My family has a weeklong trip coming up near Christmas of this year. We will not be on the dining plan and are staying at the Boardwalk DVC Villas. Are refillable mugs a good option?

My wife and I are both morning coffee drinkers but apart from that we probably will only drink soda 1-2 times during the trip and our kids are little so they wont need mugs.

Are the refilling areas convenient or more of a hassle at the boardwalk?

Finally, will they let you fill your mug with any of the specialty coffee beverages at boardwalk bakery? If I could have iced coffee in my mug it would be a big selling point.

I would get one refillable mug and bring an extra from home. Get coffee (it can only be the regular kind, not specialty ones) and then pour in second mug. Refill. :)

Since you are staying in the Villas, you'll have a larger refrigerator than the regular hotel room. Plus a real Mr Coffee style coffee pot. Stock up on your favorite beverages and your favorite coffee. You'll probably have a 10-12 cup coffee maker and will need flat bottom basket style coffee filters for that as well as your favorite coffee and creamer (and any sweetener).

At the BWI/BWV, you can refill your mug at the BW Bakery or at the pool bar. Just having your favorites in your room beats that hands down.

Thanks for the tips! Just thought to mention that we are in a studio. Will we still get the full sized coffee pot?

We use a Mr. Coffee pot at home so that would actually be an ideal setup.

Thanks for the tips! Just thought to mention that we are in a studio. Will we still get the full sized coffee pot?

We use a Mr. Coffee pot at home so that would actually be an ideal setup.
You probably will. If you get the smaller pot (4-6 cups), you can call Housekeeping and ask for the full sized coffee maker.

In your case, it doesn't seem like you drink enough soda or coffee for it to be worth getting 2 mugs. The only reason I would get it in your case is if you wanted the mug for a souvenir.

I would say that if you're not going to take advantage of the soda pop.... then don't bother. You already will get a coffeemaker in your room. And no, they can't put any specialty coffee in your mug. You can buy it, of course, and pour it in there yourself, but the Rapid Refill mugs are mostly to entice you to drink liters of soda without really noticing what you're doing... Disney was my DD5's chance to try as many lemonade flavors as she could.. because when we came back home, it was back to normal with 100% water all the time!

We often stay at the Boardwalk. We love it there but find it one of the least convenient for using the mugs. We use the coffee makers in the rooms each morning though and it is a good size for 2 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!