Refillable Popcorn Buckets

Th
Honestly, I am an AP holder and I have a 3 year old bucket that I bring every trip and get it refilled with no issues. I have never seen any official rules on the buckets so until someone tells me no, Ill keep bringing my bucket.
This is great info. Thanks!

We had a stroller at the park, but I did put the bucket in my backpack for the plane ride home. As long as you don't have an overstuffed backpack it should fit in there just fine.

We just clip ours to our backpack. Most backpacks have somewhere you can clip to. If not, just get a cheap d ring or something. Not a hassle at all and 1.50 refills is about the best deal in all of DW.

Edit. Meant to reply to my2lalas

We just clip ours to our backpack. Most backpacks have somewhere you can clip to. If not, just get a cheap d ring or something. Not a hassle at all and 1.50 refills is about the best deal in all of DW.

Edit. Meant to reply to my2lalas

Thanks so much...I’m going to go for it :)

Are the AT-AT popcorn buckets still available at Hollywood Studios? Going in March and would love to bring it back for DBF who has been wanting it since it was first released in Disneyland.

So if I had a popcorn bucket, could I get 2 refills at once. Like they refill it, I toss the popcorn in a ziploc, and they refill it again. Or would we have to wait in line twice?

So if I had a popcorn bucket, could I get 2 refills at once. Like they refill it, I toss the popcorn in a ziploc, and they refill it again. Or would we have to wait in line twice?

I've never tried that but I don't see why you couldn't do it since you're paying for the refill. Make sure you bring a fairly large ziploc though

We were just at the parks this past weekend. I bought the bucket for $10. Cast members told me it was refillable for 1.50 until the style of the bucket changes which she said usually happened every couple months. She said this applies to everyone, regular ticket holders and annual passholders.

That's what we were told in January when we bought our bucket - it was the first time we bought one - definitely worth the "investment". Figured we'd check around for what the current buckets look like before we go back this summer and bring it if it looks like it will still blend in.

When we were there over New Year's Eve and Marathon Week, I saw at least 4 different 'current' bucket designs. At every stand, they took the bucket and refilled it without even giving a second glance. I really don't think they are too concerned with it as long as it is the same size and not the older designs (the bigger buckets). The lines for popcorn were the longest I've ever seen them (holiday crowds) and the popcorn was always hot and fresh. We definitely got our money's worth of delicious popcorn! :)

We won't stop at a stand if they're not actively making fresh popcorn - we find that the humidity definitely takes a toll on the overall freshness. It keeps a lot longer when there's lower humidity.

I was planning to get a bucket the first day and use it for snacks each day, but my husband is worried about it being a hassle to carry. We have teens so no stroller and he thinks it’ll be awkward on rides. So what do you do with your bucket all day at the parks. Is it worth carrying around? Does it fit in an average backpack?

We keep a couple of carabiner clips on our backpack for hats & water bottles etc. so we just used one of those to clip it onto the side somewhere if the bag was full. It can get awkward if you put it in the wrong place... If the backpack isn't full sometimes we stuff it inside the bag (but then we forget we brought it - out of sight out of mind)! :rotfl: It does make a great snack while you're waiting in a longer line and you know you're probably going to get hungry. Also great while waiting for shows to start...we always refilled before we went in to sit...

Thank you!

I checked the stand by the stage and only saw the regular buckets. No AT-AT or Darth Vader buckets like I saw last time. I didn't see anyone with AT-AT either, but it could've been at another stand that I didn't pass by

I was planning to get a bucket the first day and use it for snacks each day, but my husband is worried about it being a hassle to carry. We have teens so no stroller and he thinks it’ll be awkward on rides. So what do you do with your bucket all day at the parks. Is it worth carrying around? Does it fit in an average backpack?

We also used a carabiner and I clipped it to my purse strap. Definitely worth it!

For us, some would and some wouldn't. I think it might depend on how busy/how long the line is.

I checked the stand by the stage and only saw the regular buckets. No AT-AT or Darth Vader buckets like I saw last time. I didn't see anyone with AT-AT either, but it could've been at another stand that I didn't pass by
Thanks for checking!

Thanks for checking!

Just an FYI - we have been carrying around an Epcot popcorn bucket all visit that we bought some time ago for the past six days and never had issue getting it refilled...until we went to Magic Kingdom today and the Main Street popcorn stop refused to refill the bucket. While I don’t necessarily have a problem with this — we know we were “lucking” out with their leniency, I wish they were a little more consistent. In fact, their lack of consistency prevented them from making money off us as we would’ve bought a new bucket to refill all week. Instead, we were kinda made to look like fools when we tried to refill it at MK today. Once again, we know we were just lucky, but consistency needs to occur I think.

Just an FYI - we have been carrying around an Epcot popcorn bucket all visit that we bought some time ago for the past six days and never had issue getting it refilled...until we went to Magic Kingdom today and the Main Street popcorn stop refused to refill the bucket. While I don’t necessarily have a problem with this — we know we were “lucking” out with their leniency, I wish they were a little more consistent. In fact, their lack of consistency prevented them from making money off us as we would’ve bought a new bucket to refill all week. Instead, we were kinda made to look like fools when we tried to refill it at MK today. Once again, we know we were just lucky, but consistency needs to occur I think.
Just wondering if you were able to use an older bucket for six days, when were you going to buy the new bucket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter