Regal Palms Bed Bugs?

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
I have been researching staying at Regal Palms. It looks perfect for our needs.

However, on a couple different review sites (vrbo, tripadvisor, etc) there is mention of bed bugs. Its enough mentions that it concerns me. Is it a rogue reviewer leaving those reviews to be precarious or is there some way to find out if exterminations had to be done?

While I realize bed bugs can happen anywhere, I have also read that RP is not a stellar resort community and that it is old and worn down. What are recent experiences there?

What are your experiences at Regal Palms? Any owners you can recommend?

I stayed there once for a few days. No bed bugs in my unit. However, I was not impressed enough to return again. They do have a very nice pool area but that is all I can really vouch for. We had a 3 bedroom unit. One bedroom downstairs and a master bedroom and second bedroom upstairs. My DD loved the pool but did not like the resort itself. Because it's a private home community it didn't have the same feel and amenities we are used to when we stay in timeshare resorts. It just didn't "feel" like our usual Florida vacation. Basically, for us it was kind of a let down but we made the best of it. But its unlikely we will stay there again. Good Luck.

If I see recent reviews for ANY hotel (not just in Orlando or at Disney) containing the word "bedbug" I run.

Sure, they can be anywhere, but the most professional resorts/communities are going to have policies/procedures preventing them from turning into infestations. That means locking down rooms, treating neighboring rooms, and more importantly, using effective treatment methods (really, heat is the only way). When I worked in property management, if someone even whispered the word, I'd have my contracted pest control guy out there ASAP, and I'd also have him inspect all units that touch the suspected one. Usually, it's just a scare, but in the rare case it was the dreaded BB, we were treating and going all out, because once an infestation becomes that, it's incredibly difficult to get rid of them.

I've found that if you do start seeing reviews (especially more than one): it means management is not doing enough to get rid of them, and people are upset enough to post reviews online.

I just returned from a 3 night stay at Regal Palms (5/26--5/28) and was planning a mini review. Maybe tonight when I get home from work, lol.
No bedbugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter