Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

I was just reading through this thread, and wanted to let you know that it now appears you CAN make additional payments to online room-only reservations. I made my reservation on 3/28/09 and paid the deposit. Then the next day I called in and made a payment for the rest of my room. The charge was taken out of my account on 3/31/09, and my account on the Disney website shows that the deposit was made and that the additional payment was made. It shows my balance due as $0. My trip is in less than two weeks, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me being able to make additional payments, but my additional payment is there, and my trip is paid in full. Hope that helps.

-Gina :stitch:

I was just reading through this thread, and wanted to let you know that it now appears you CAN make additional payments to online room-only reservations. I made my reservation on 3/28/09 and paid the deposit. Then the next day I called in and made a payment for the rest of my room. The charge was taken out of my account on 3/31/09, and my account on the Disney website shows that the deposit was made and that the additional payment was made. It shows my balance due as $0. My trip is in less than two weeks, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me being able to make additional payments, but my additional payment is there, and my trip is paid in full. Hope that helps.

-Gina :stitch:

thanks....i'm gonna try again at lunch time! :banana:

we have that almost paid off the room. so we wont have to pay at check out one less thing to worry about.

Until Disney makes any changes I am going to leave this stuck at the top of the page.

Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)

is that true?? OMG:confused3

This is no longer true, as when I went to WDW in April, I was able to make my initial down payment on my room only reservation, and then I called in a few days later to pay the remainder. The phone CM took my payment and it was never cancelled nor refunded to my bank account. You ARE able to make additional payments to room only reservations now.

absolutely...have paid off balance twice now! just call reservations and tell them you want to make a payment. it was all very easy.

Dosen't this post need to be updated?
I was not only able to make a deposit but payments for my reservation online
even in writing, it is stated to make the final payment either by check or online

you cannot make payments online...i had to call reservations to do it. just did it in june with no problem via credit card.

again though....the times i did it was for room only reservations....i do not believe you can do this with other types of ressies....maybe someone else can clarify.

you cannot make payments online...i had to call reservations to do it. just did it in june with no problem via credit card.

I've made my deposit and 3 additional payments online for an upcoming trip. I also did the same thing last year. We booked in March 2009 and made 5 or 6 online payments until our trip was paid in full. We travelled in August.

I don't understand why people think you can't do this. It's very easy and most people I know that book online make payments online.

I've made my deposit and 3 additional payments online for an upcoming trip. I also did the same thing last year. We booked in March 2009 and made 5 or 6 online payments until our trip was paid in full. We travelled in August.

I don't understand why people think you can't do this. It's very easy and most people I know that book online make payments online.

Is your reservation a "room only" reservation or a package, that includes room and tickets? If it is a package, then yes, there are no problems making payments online. However, this thread is specifically about "room only" reservations and the inability to make payments on those online. "Room only" reservations can be made in payments by calling customer service.

Room only you can! I've done it. But I do have to call. Packages are another story! When I've done room/tickets/dining, I can't.
:goodvibes

A quick summary of payment policies:

Room Only Reservations booked over the phone or with most travel agents:
  • Has a 12 digit confirmation number
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not required until check in
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

Room Only Reservations booked online:
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation number beginning with the letter R
  • 1 night plus tax due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance not payable until check in
  • no interim payments can be made. Any payment that appears to have been accepted over the phone will be refunded to your credit card.
Pacakge Reservations (no matter where booked):
  • Has an 8 digit confirmation. Should begin with either a 1, 6, or 8 depending on how you booked it.
  • $200 due within 14 days of the booking
  • balance due 45 days prior to arrival (check your confirmation or use this link to calculate your date)
  • interim payments can be made (if you've booked through a travel agency, check with policies for minimum interim payments)

These are the policies for reservations booked in the US and through US based travel agencies. YMMV for booking through Disney's Canadian, UK or other international divisions.

So, I booked a room-only reservation "on-line" through the US Disney.com site.
I received a 12 digit confirmation number (not an 8 digit one)
It does state that payment is not due until arrival, however, it also states that I can make full payment at any time by contacting a Disney CM by phone.

Why did I receive the 12 digit number rather than the 8 digit number when I booked online? :confused3

Why did I receive the 12 digit number rather than the 8 digit number when I booked online? :confused3

Because the information from that post was almost 3 years old.

Sorry about that! ;)

Before Disney introduced their online check in, the ONLY thing that could be pulled up online was a reservation that had been booked online - whether package or room only. They were giving the 8 digit R confirmations then.

BUT - since introducing online check in, they needed a way to make sure EVERYBODY could bring up their reservations online, no matter where or how somebody booked.

Now, they can take payments for room only reservations over the phone, and they will stick, and you get the 12 digit confirmation number. :)

I also updated that post, so it's a bit more pertinent. :)

If when you make your original payment and it's for the entire room do they refund whatever is over the $200 or you're all set?

I was going to take advantage of the offer they have going on now and just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!