Release Your Anxiety: The Mickey Mouse/Alabama Crimson Tide Championship #17 Merch Is In

I'm glad you got to see them, Steve.

It's iconic here in Titletown in the Yellowhammer state of Alabama.

The country super band Alabama's "Dixieland Delight" also ranks right up there at the Bama games (when it used to be played at home games till the students started adding some adult-rated lyrics (which were actually pretty funny)).

Also the clip from the early portion of the movie "Crimson Tide" when Gene Hackman summons the crew at night in the rain for their mission:

(It's only a video clip that's 59 seconds, people. Not that long).

Of course, there is the Rock and Roll legend Steely Dan (whom I saw here in Titletown in concert live before Walter Becker died a few years ago) and the crowd naturally erupted when they sang "Deacon Blues" (jump ahead to the 90-second mark):

The love is pretty impressive for a little ol' school down this 'a way.

Bama Ed

PS - it's pretty cool when Denzel smiles near the end of the Crimson Tide clip. Fine actor.

Last edited:
The pre-encore song was...…...you guessed it...…..Sweet Home Alabama. By the reaction of the sold out crowd you would have thought we were sitting in the middle of the state of Alabama.

SteveView attachment 344938

Coincidently, the Skynard guitarist who wrote the music for "Sweet Home Alabama" has died.

https://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/08/lynyrd_skynyrd_ed_king.html

Skynard is also going to be performing here in Bama land next week IIRC.

Bama Ed

Finally, I have to say that I'll be having lunch with Nick Saban next month (seriously). More to come.

This has been a fun off-season thread. I'm excited for the Tide this season but I hope ALL your teams do well this year and end up with a better record than you expected.

With regards to me and Nick having lunch, I have purchased two tickets to "Nick At Noon" for the first home game of the year and will be giving those to my mom and dad (Dad has a birthday coming up so what do you give the man who has everything (wants nothing?)).

20180828_181016 (1).jpg

Nick at Noon is a fundraiser for Nick Saban's charities and he has a huge group luncheon on the Friday lunch before each home game where he talks about the Tide and their opponent the next day. It's General Admission seating (get there early to get up close to the podium when the doors open).

The new season is soon upon us so I'm done with this off-season thread.

Roll Tide!

Bama ED

I'm a wee bit nervous about the TXAM game. Vegas is supposed to know what's up, but the Aggies looked pretty good against Clemson. GL to all of your favorite teams this year Disers (except when they are playing BAMA). :tongue:RTR, Beth
I just booked my 2019 stay at The Fort! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!