Reliability is the Priority

lpursell

Mouseketeer
We're a group of 7, 6 adults and one child, going to WDW for 4 days and then a 7 day Disney cruise. This is very special, we live in CA and probably won't ever go to WDW again. We need to get from MCO to AKL on a Tuesday evening, from AKL to ship on Saturday and then from ship to MCO the following Saturday. We've decided that reliability is the top priority then price. Our options are Disney transfers or towncar/shuttle service. We will have about 12 pcs of luggage. I don't think 1 or 2 rental cars would work because the three legs of our trip are spread out over 11 days and we're unfamiliar with Orlando.

That said, we would like to get to the ship before the WDW busses so it won't be as crowded and to get onboard reservations for Palos so the towncar/shuttle service sounds better. Also, a grocery stop would be nice. On the other hand, Disney transfers must be reliable and I think the ship would wait if there was a traffic problem and we were late to the ship. My TA is going to find out the cost of Disney transfers so I can make a decision.

What would you do? I've been reading this board and it sounds like the towncar services are usually pretty good but sometimes don't show. Mears sounds reliable and economical but hectic and makes many stops. I expect Disney to be costly and not flexible (grocery stop and ship arrival time.) Have I got it right? Am I missing any considerations? Any thoughts would be appreciated! I can't believe it's less than 2 months away! Thanks, Linda

We do a lot of Disney cruises (just got home from number 27), and we always use Happy Limo. They have never, ever been a no-show...they are always reliable, and we've used the grocery stop several times--very convenient! On this trip, we used them for a weird combination of transfers (hotel to port, port to Discovery Cove, Discovery Cove to airport), and they were there right on time for every leg of the journey.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I used the Mears shuttle to get to my hotel once. Believe me, once is enough to decide on an alternate method. I've decided that I STRONGLY prefer a towncar.

In November we used Yourride and were very pleased. The're was no concern about being late. We were met and dropped off at appropriate times. It's also really nice to have the driver help with the luggage.

Read the board and get a feel for who is reliable. That is how I decided on Yourride.

We definately would recommend the towncar. They were friendly and on time. We also got a 1/2 grocery store trip. We also thought that the proce was reasonable.

lpursell
We are Reliability!! And we are one of the DIS Board sponsors. And we are a Member of the Better Business Bureau. Give us a try..WE have very good prices......Rabbit..
http://www.Yourride.net :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter