Removing Glasses and Mugs Again?

The resort may be deluxe, most of DVC is not. I will tell you that Aulani was looking new and fresh and it's 7 years old. Service was excellent and very friendly, wish that WDW would copy them.

:earsboy: Bill

That's the Aloha spirit, not Disney. I have found most everyone on all the islands are very friendly.
Sending pixie dust to the folks on the big island in hopes they don't get harmed by the latest volcanic event.pixiedust:

I just emailed my second about this issue. I mentioned that I thought the issue was resolved once the commercial dishwashers were installed. The man who called me indicated that could have been a temporary fix.

I am cracking up laughing recalling the time we stayed at BCV right after the most recent refurb in a studio. They had a teeny tiny 4 cup coffee maker, which is ridiculous. I called housekeeping (twice) to see if they could bring me a 12 cup standard coffee maker. Apparently there was a miscommunication, since this is what was waiting for us when we returned to the room:IMG_9858.JPG Twelve whole coffee cups... still teeny tiny coffee maker. Made me giggle...

I am cracking up laughing recalling the time we stayed at BCV right after the most recent refurb in a studio. They had a teeny tiny 4 cup coffee maker, which is ridiculous. I called housekeeping (twice) to see if they could bring me a 12 cup standard coffee maker. Apparently there was a miscommunication, since this is what was waiting for us when we returned to the room:View attachment 320765 Twelve whole coffee cups... still teeny tiny coffee maker. Made me giggle...

Hey, at least you got SOMETHING! They brought us another 4 cup coffee maker. And when we said that no, what we'd wanted was the full size one, they said they didn't have any more. Those 4 cup ones are ridiculous. Even though it says they're 4 cup, in reality you can only get 2 1/2 coffee mugs worth. Yet the room supposedly holds 5 people?

The resort may be deluxe, most of DVC is not. I will tell you that Aulani was looking new and fresh and it's 7 years old. Service was excellent and very friendly, wish that WDW would copy them.

BWV and SSR were perfectly well kept these past two recent trips. Looked and felt deluxe to me. Love both. Just not paper cups!

One of my stays at Hilton Head was in a studio, and all we had then was paper products, I think. It was no problem for us, but that was our first stay in a DVC unit and knew no different.

While I certainly prefer mugs, I'd be OK with good quality paper. I absolutely has styrofoam coffee cups.

To me, paper cups for coffee just screams Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. They're all decent hotels, for about 1/3 the price. For what Disney charges, we really ought to have regular mugs. I don't drink my coffee at home in a paper cup.

They had colorful fiestaware a few years ago then switched to white.

I fell in love with the Fiestaware the first time I stayed @ OKW many years ago. So much so I went out & bought some in some of the same colors they had in the Villas. I am now addicted to Fiestaware as well as DVC. I have serving pieces & place settings in many other colors in addition to the old OKW ones.

I just emailed my second about this issue. I mentioned that I thought the issue was resolved once the commercial dishwashers were installed. The man who called me indicated that could have been a temporary fix.

I can't even take a guess at how installing the appropriate dishwashers was a "temporary fix", especially one that was done 7-8 years ago. That's a very long temporary! I have not written yet but will.

They had colorful fiestaware a few years ago then switched to white.

I was so sad when they refurbed VWL and pulled the green plateware for the white. :( It wasn't nice fiestaware but we still liked having the color to add to the experience.

Just an fyi. My sister was staying BWV while we are at BCV.
I posted when we arrived that BCV has paper to-go mugs.(i called and had ceramic mugs delivered)
She had the ceramic white mugs at BWV, plus the to go paper mugs.

I might be in the minority here, but to me, using the glasses/mugs in the rooms is gross. I’d definitely prefer paper/plastic. I also don’t want to wash dishes on vacation, would prefer to just toss after using.

Anyone who is weirded out by using mugs or glassware in a room can certainly give them a quick wash themselves. That's what I do. It takes no time at all.

Preferring to create more landfill waste instead is absurd.

Anyone who is weirded out by using mugs or glassware in a room can certainly give them a quick wash themselves. That's what I do. It takes no time at all.

Preferring to create more landfill waste instead is absurd.

I could, but would still prefer not to use them. They could easily offer both and everyone can use what they want, but that’s up to Disney.

I might be in the minority here, but to me, using the glasses/mugs in the rooms is gross. I’d definitely prefer paper/plastic. I also don’t want to wash dishes on vacation, would prefer to just toss after using.

You don't have to wash dishes on vacation. Just like I don't have to drink out of paper/plastic. Most prefer to have both in the room.
Sister had both in BWV and in the new Wilderness Lodge villas, whatever they are called. Do for one, do for all. We are all in the same DVC.

You don't have to wash dishes on vacation. Just like I don't have to drink out of paper/plastic. Most prefer to have both in the room.
Sister had both in BWV and in the new Wilderness Lodge villas, whatever they are called. Do for one, do for all. We are all in the same DVC.

Like I said in my last post, Disney can easily offer both. To each their own, but that’s my opinion.

Like I said in my last post, Disney can easily offer both. To each their own, but that’s my opinion.

But instead of lowering costs, that increases. Housekeeping has to assume that the glasses & mugs MAY have been used by the prior guest and replace them all when the room is serviced. So even if they stock rooms with paper & plastic, they are still replacing, transporting & washing all of the glassware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter