RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

Got cover off engine today and found 2 bolts broke off exhaust manifold.
She's parked where she needs to be and we're done for the year so it'll be a spring time project.
Just glad we made it home

Glad you made it home. Ford V10 huh?

Forgot to mention this earlier but we kinda got scolded by Disney security. My wife wanted a picture of the Fort Wilderness entry sign. You know, just like everyone else, and there was too much going on when we first arrived. So we were out in the cart up front and she mentioned the lack of picture. I told her "not a problem". I went out the exit gate then came down the road and hooked the right back into the main entrance. She got the picture and also fussed at me the entire way. Only one car came by on our side and I got completely off the road. When we were coming back in I tried to go through the returning guest side but the magic band wouldn't open the gate. Whilst being stranded at the gate preparing to scoot through the opening like Grand Theft Auto the guard came out and let me know that carts weren't allowed on the main roads. I played dumb and he said it was for my safety. I paid careful attention and was properly chastised for my wrongdoing. He told us again it was for our safety. Just before he let us go with a strong warning not to repeat our (my) behavior which apparently was almost as bad as not wearing a mask, he asked if we got the picture? Ha!
The moral of the story is, sometimes you just got to take that chance, and it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission....... 8-)

PS: There was no signage prohibiting driving the golf cart out on the road and I don't suggest that others pull the same things that I do because, well I'm kinda immature and impulsive... Just sayn'

Forgot to mention this earlier but we kinda got scolded by Disney security. My wife wanted a picture of the Fort Wilderness entry sign. You know, just like everyone else, and there was too much going on when we first arrived. So we were out in the cart up front and she mentioned the lack of picture. I told her "not a problem". I went out the exit gate then came down the road and hooked the right back into the main entrance. She got the picture and also fussed at me the entire way. Only one car came by on our side and I got completely off the road. When we were coming back in I tried to go through the returning guest side but the magic band wouldn't open the gate. Whilst being stranded at the gate preparing to scoot through the opening like Grand Theft Auto the guard came out and let me know that carts weren't allowed on the main roads. I played dumb and he said it was for my safety. I paid careful attention and was properly chastised for my wrongdoing. He told us again it was for our safety. Just before he let us go with a strong warning not to repeat our (my) behavior which apparently was almost as bad as not wearing a mask, he asked if we got the picture? Ha!
The moral of the story is, sometimes you just got to take that chance, and it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask for permission....... 8-)

PS: There was no signage prohibiting driving the golf cart out on the road and I don't suggest that others pull the same things that I do because, well I'm kinda immature and impulsive... Just sayn'

That was one of many photo's I did not take this trip.

Well that was 3 hours I'll never get back. Negative for COVID. Doctor told me to take vitamin C and hope for the best basically...
Lol, breath in , breath out hope for the best. Good advice! Whos your docter? Vinny bom bots?

Thank you all for your fabulous trip reports. October is a difficult time for us, as corn silage and grain take precedence. However, us older folks should just tell our boys, sorry we are going. What we did do last week is book December 26, 2021 - January 7. We are excited, but know it will be crazy busy. To all of you who provided us with great reports, pictures, rumors and news, and pictures, thank you. Bill and I spent our Honeymoon at Disney 48 years ago, and have great memories of every visit. Thank you again. Just thinking, we could fly down, and stay at a cabin next October, so we don’t make two long long drives from Wisconsin. We will keep looking at a possible future DISMeet. Happy fall to all of you. Stay safe. Barb and Bill.

Bill and I spent our Honeymoon at Disney 48 years ago, and have great memories of every visit. Thank you again. Just thinking, we could fly down, and stay at a cabin next October, so we don’t make two long long drives from Wisconsin. We will keep looking at a possible future DISMeet. Happy fall to all of you. Stay safe. Barb and Bill.

Barb,

My DW love those stories "tell me how met each other" and then leads it to how you got married.

Doing the math, that was 1972-ish. She was 8-ish years old then. What was WDW/MK like?

Would love to hear the story.

Hope you can make it to a DISMeet and tell it in person.

Ed

PS - DISMeets happen at the Fort even if only 2-3 are there at the same time. I said hello to Barb and Bill in a January/Marathon or a Keys trip years ago and there were Green Bay Packers cheese heads as far as the eye could see at the campsite (1200/1300 IIRC that year). I hope we can meet again.

Last edited:
Barb,

My DW love those stories "tell me how met each other" and then leads it to how you got married.

Doing the math, that was 1972-ish. She was 8-ish years old then. What was WDW/MK like?

Would love to hear the story.

Hope you can make it to a DISMeet and tell it in person.

Ed

PS - DISMeets happen at the Fort even if only 2-3 are there at the same time. I said hello to Barb and Bill in a January/Marathon or a Keys trip years ago and there were Green Bay Packers cheese heads as far as the eye could see at the campsite (1200/1300 IIRC that year). I hope we can meet again.
Was that 2 years ago when we met? I believe you were on your way to the Keys then.
This will get your wife's interest for sure. Lucille and I met in JAIL. Not be kidding. Details will only be provided IN PERSON

Thank you all for your fabulous trip reports. October is a difficult time for us, as corn silage and grain take precedence. However, us older folks should just tell our boys, sorry we are going. What we did do last week is book December 26, 2021 - January 7. We are excited, but know it will be crazy busy. To all of you who provided us with great reports, pictures, rumors and news, and pictures, thank you. Bill and I spent our Honeymoon at Disney 48 years ago, and have great memories of every visit. Thank you again. Just thinking, we could fly down, and stay at a cabin next October, so we don’t make two long long drives from Wisconsin. We will keep looking at a future DISMeet. Happy fall to all of you. Stay safe. Barb and Bill.
We'll be there at the same time frame so will let you know

Was that 2 years ago when we met? I believe you were on your way to the Keys then.
This will get your wife's interest for sure. Lucille and I met in JAIL. Not be kidding. Details will only be provided IN PERSON

I'll have a Hollywood camera crew standing by, Mike.

Ed

PS - I was headed north from the Keys with DD when we met you. DW wouldn't miss hearing this for the WORLD though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter