Rental car recommended for Tree House Villas?

VLee

DIS Veteran
We will be staying 5 nights in the THV March 2-7--our first time there with 6 of us.
I know you must get a shuttle to the SSR bus stops to get bus transportation to the parks. Are shuttles frequently run from the THV area and do they run through the THV area or must you walk to a certain stop to catch the shuttle?

I assume there must then be 4 or 5 internal SSR bus stops once you board a park-bound bus. About how long does it usually take to leave the THV and reach various parks?

For those who have stayed there, would you recommend getting a rental car? We like to enter parks very early.

We will be staying 5 nights in the THV March 2-7--our first time there with 6 of us. I know you must get a shuttle to the SSR bus stops to get bus transportation to the parks. Are shuttles frequently run from the THV area and do they run through the THV area or must you walk to a certain stop to catch the shuttle? I assume there must then be 4 or 5 internal SSR bus stops once you board a park-bound bus. About how long does it usually take to leave the THV and reach various parks? For those who have stayed there, would you recommend getting a rental car? We like to enter parks very early.

The THV bus arrives every 20 minutes. There are two stops: north (just inside the gate) and south (near the quiet pool). North is the first stop, so you can take the bus to the quiet pool.

The THV internal bus will drop you at The Springs. Park buses run directly from The Springs to the parks. You will stop at all of the stops on your return from the park.

The DTD bus runs opposite. It will visit all of the SSR stops before heading to DTD.

We usually made it from our THV door to a park gate in about 40 minutes. We did not have a car. If I had to do it again, I would probably opt for a car. The worst experience we had was trying to get to FW for HDDR. It took one hour to get from the THV to the SSR exit.

I also recommend a car, just remember there is only one allotted space per villa. This kind of stinks since the villa can sleep two families of 4. There are a few extra spots, but they are hard to come by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter