rental car xmas week

kenny

DIS Veteran
1st time going for Xmas-NYE week. Are rental cars always that outrageous? $700 for a fullsize 12/23-1/2? Typically for that length I would be in the $300's.

One trick to getting a better rate is to Uber/Taxi to an off-airport location. You can return to the airport or you can save even more by Ubering both ways. Enterprise at the Orlando Convention Center is about $350 for your dates picking up and returning to the Convention Center. It's about a $25 ride each way.

That's crazy! Keep stalking the rental car prices. They can change by the day or even hour. I make a new reservation and then cancel the old and then continue until I believe I hit bottom.

Another option I use in conjunction with the above is to take ME to our resort and call for Alamo to pick us up for our rental reservation at Disney's Car Care Center (near MK). When you are ready to return your rental, Alamo will drop you off anywhere on property. Typically, prices are cheaper than MCO, service better, short or no line.

I try for $200 a week including taxes and admit I don't always get it. Typically we get a small SUV or a midsize car (Fusion). If you are an Alamo member you get 5% off. There are often coupon codes on retailmenot.com .

We're renting from 12/25-1/3 and I'm at about $750-ish through Avis for a standard SUV. I booked that a little over a month ago. I've kept watching since then, and that same rental is hanging around the $1100 range now :oops:

Just checked and rates are still high! Read somewhere that the rental companies sold a lot of their inventory when the COVID travel restrictions started, so now it's simply supply and demand-

Forget the rental. For around $150 you could have a car service roundtrip for the airport. That leaves about $500. You could use for uber or lift or even a regular taxi for your stay. If you are staying onsite you would probably come out ahead. Also don’t forget there is a parking fee at Disney resorts, which makes it even more economical to not have a car.

Wondering if anybody has had any luck lately with a cheaper rental Christmas week? We are at $481 for a compact right now for a week. It’s the most I’ve ever paid for a rental car.

Wondering if anybody has had any luck lately with a cheaper rental Christmas week? We are at $481 for a compact right now for a week. It’s the most I’ve ever paid for a rental car.
You think that’s bad, I have a 3day rental for over $400. Try calling the rental companies and ask if they have a AAA,
AARP, senior or and other thing you belong to discount. I saved $300 doing this last Christmas in New York. Also go to the counter when you arrive, pretend you don’t have reservation and ask if they have a walk up rate? I saved a coiple of hundred dollars doing this a couple of years ago. If you have time and the lines are short, go to many of the companies and ask for the walk up rate.
Hope this helps.

I'm watching for 12/25-1/3. I have a standard SUV for $741. In the last month, that same rental has stayed over $1100.

We are 12/18-12/23 and I have a standard for $230. Seems rates start getting high on 12/23.

Try carrentalsavers.com. I use them to compare prices across companies, and they have discounts you can enter. HOWEVER... car prices are very high this year. We will be in FL 12/9-12/16. My small SUV started at $371 in September. I've stalked it and have it down to $237 BUT we are not traveling during the actual holiday week. Good luck- it's stupidly expensive to rent a car this year.

I’ve been Christmas to NYE week twice, and no way would I want a car anyway. That is the busiest week of the year in Orlando.

We stayed on site, and spent a lot of time enjoying the resorts (BWV and AKL). The parks got insane busy, starting with Christmas Eve but after Jan 1 things slowed down significantly.

I’d just use Uber to get around, and a towncar or Uber from the airport, as previous poster suggested. You will spend much less, and not have to deal with driving.

Dollar is having a Cyber Monday sale until 12/1. My small SUV is now at $187. I've been stalking it all fall; it was $371 in September. I'm happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!