Rental Strollers and Rain

Missus Toad

DIS Veteran
Obscure question here, but I figure someone has to have had experience with this: Are the canopies on the rental strollers rain-proof? How wet will a kid get in one of these if it rains? TIA!

You'll find there are two types of rain in CA. There is light sprinkles. The stroller will be fine in that. Then, there is DOWNPOURS. During a downpour everything will get soaked, and there will be standing puddles in just a couple of minutes. The stroller will not do well during a downpour! The rain ponchos they sell for about $7 work well as a stroller cover. During downpours you'll find most people duck into stores or under cover.

Thanks for the reply! Being from L.A., I'm all too familiar with the precipitation fluctuations, but not at all with the strollers at DL. Never rented one before and was considering it for my almost 3 year old who will not sit in her own stroller anymore. Thanks again!

Ditto that reply! Also, once the stroller straps get wet, they stay wet for a long time - longer than the mesh seat. There was no rain the day we were there, but it rained the day & night before. The stroller strap was still wet. My dd didn't need the strap, but she needed something to sit on to keep her dry. A plastic grocery bag under a handtowel would be perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter