Renting car one way at Port Canaveral after cruise, dropping off in Orlando

TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE

Parrot Head Air Miles Hunter Red Patch Boy
I was thinking about taking the Disney ground transportation out to Port Canaveral (we are staying at Hyatt Regency Pointe Orlando for a few days before our cruise so would need to uber or taxi back to airport). Because we are then in Orlando for a few days afterwards and want to rent a car anyways, I was thinking of renting it at Port Canaveral and then dropping it a few days later at Orlando airport. I know they accept drops in Port Canaveral so I assume its to their benefit for customers to take cars back to Orlando for them.

Does anyone have advice on which rental company to use?

We have always done one-ways each way for our Port Canaveral cruises using Budget. No drop-off fees at either end.

I have done car rentals both ways with Enterprise. I noticed a $15ish drop fee on the rental from B resort near Disney Springs to PC, but no fee from PC to MCO.

Enterprise has worked well for us 3 times. Avis once had very long lines getting car at port (lines in the hot sun), we won't use them again.

Check AuoSlash

Just got great rates a few weeks ago for one-way rentals before and after our cruise.

I know they accept drops in Port Canaveral so I assume its to their benefit for customers to take cars back to Orlando for them.

Sometimes they feel it’s to their benefit and sometimes it isn’t. You’ll find out if they want cars to be taken to Orlando at the time of your rental by the price they are charging. :)

Did one way from Port Canaveral to MCO in March with Alamo. No problems. Easy as could be.:car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter