Renting etiquette

:laundy: As someone who has rented points from other DVC members just about every family reunion trip I make, I always find it funny that some feel that this shouldn't be allowed. I have also made ressies for other members with my Hilton Head points because I never seemed to want to go there. If you buy a timeshare with your money it would seem to me that you have the option of staying there or renting it out to help defray the cost of your ownership. The point morphing problem is Disney's problem to solve. I feel we are now punished for a computer programming problem that I assume someone as large as Disney could find away to correct. A fair amount of people who rent points are other members looking to add rooms for other family members. I resent the implication that there should be restrictions on the way my points are used or not used. I don't want to start something but boy do I hate that holier than thou attitude that seems to suggest that a member's timeshare isn't his own to do what he sees fit with. Said my peace and I'll go back to lurking.

:laundy: As someone who has rented points from other DVC members just about every family reunion trip I make, I always find it funny that some feel that this shouldn't be allowed. I have also made ressies for other members with my Hilton Head points because I never seemed to want to go there. If you buy a timeshare with your money it would seem to me that you have the option of staying there or renting it out to help defray the cost of your ownership. The point morphing problem is Disney's problem to solve. I feel we are now punished for a computer programming problem that I assume someone as large as Disney could find away to correct. A fair amount of people who rent points are other members looking to add rooms for other family members. I resent the implication that there should be restrictions on the way my points are used or not used. I don't want to start something but boy do I hate that holier than thou attitude that seems to suggest that a member's timeshare isn't his own to do what he sees fit with. Said my peace and I'll go back to lurking.

After this post I'm requesting you come out of lurking more often. This is a great post on this controversial topic.

You've summed up my feelings better than I could, thank you.:thumbsup2

After this post I'm requesting you come out of lurking more often. This is a great post on this controversial topic.

You've summed up my feelings better than I could, thank you.:thumbsup2

Nah, disagree on this one. Just another whiner.

I guess there is no "etiquette" when it comes to DVC. There is only "what works best for me."

If I rent my points then that's what should be allowed.

If a use my points personally then no one should be allowed to rent out points and interfere with my choices.

Does that sum up the DVC "dance?":sad2:

I don't think we're spending enough time in the parks.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter