Renting question

kellyf2626

DIS Veteran
DH and I only have 150 points, and we are traveling with 4 other people - thus will need a 2-bedroom or 2 studios for the first week of June....and we don't have enough points. So, I have a few questions...

1) Which do you think is better - a 2 bedroom or 2 studios?

2) Is renting a good choice? I am a bit nervous about the whole thing! ;)

Thanks for all of your help!

It depends on how close you want to be to the people you are traveling with. If you take a 2 bedroom, you would have the benefit of the full kitchen and a washer/dryer for your group. You might have to fight over the master bedroom and jacuzzi tub though! I say, whoever owns the points gets the king-size bed!

If you want your space and a break from those you are traveling with, you might consider two studios.

I would jump over to the rent/trade board to read about renting.
Good luck :wave2:

The 2 BR would be nice because you have a full kitchen. I guess that would be IF that would be important to you. The best feature, I think, for 2 studios though would be 2 bathrooms! You would still have a refrig in each and a microwave. I guess you need to decide how important a full kitchen is to all of you. The 2 bathrooms would be more important to me with 6 people total. Showering could take too long and no privacy. I wouldn't be too concerned about renting points. All the posters seem good. Check how long they have been a member and read past posts. I have rented twice in the past with no problems. You could get points transferred to your account or rent them as a reservation. I guess the transfer would be best since then you own the reservation and the rooms could all be booked at once. I only have 25 points left to rent for this year or I would have offered them to you. I already sold the rest. We aren't using them this year due to college kids and different school schedules, summer jobs, home remodeling, low finances because of the remodeling and school, etc. Otherwise we usually used all of our points. I could see having to rent myself some time in the future though wihen the 3 kids are married.

Thank you both for the info!

Nestlejean - I didn't know that you could transfer points to your account. That sounds like a good idea!

I will have to go read through some of the posts on the rent/trade board to see how the whole process works.... :flower:

Geez, I somehow had a 1 BR pictured in my head. A 2BR is a studio with a 1 BR and would have 2 bathrooms. I don't know why I kept picturing a 1 BR except that it is 2 rooms (plus bathroom). I guess that's a dumb moment for me! :blush: A 2 BR would be good if the points aren't alot higher than 2 studios, unless that isn't a concern. You would have more privacy in 2 studios but a 2BR would be nicer. I love the hot tub and king sized bed in a 1 BR or 2 BR. I also love the washing machines and the full kitchen.

We find the 2 bedroom at OKW works great for two couples. The living room area and kitchen are large enough that it makes a lot of distance between the two bedrooms, and each has a lot of privacy plus the nice common area. The convenience plus the privacy make for a great together vacation.

Yes - I think the 2 bedroom would be our first choice. But, since we are renting points the 2 studios would be cheaper. But...we will see. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter