Resale Members - How do you answer this question at WDW?

Great question! This was a fun one to banter about with DH. I'm totally stealing his answer, "I am. But I am not. I'm a DVC member. Some people say I'm not though and it is confusing." :rotfl: Should be fun to see how that answer plays out - LOL!

My husband and I are both members. One time I used my blue card and then realized I didn’t bring any money—no cash, no card—so turned to my husband to use his card. The cast member very sternly informed me that I had to use my own money. I tried to explain we were married and both owners and I wasn’t trying to break any rules but she didn’t really want to hear it. I was mortified! So I’m kinda surprised there’s CMs out there who just hand out the discount no probs Lol.

I would be able to buy nothing then cause I carry zero with me on trips. My wife carries everything. We get the check for a meal I slide it over to her and tell the waiter she is treating. Lol. Its just easier. But ya i carry nothing on me.

My husband and I are both members. One time I used my blue card and then realized I didn’t bring any money—no cash, no card—so turned to my husband to use his card. The cast member very sternly informed me that I had to use my own money. I tried to explain we were married and both owners and I wasn’t trying to break any rules but she didn’t really want to hear it. I was mortified! So I’m kinda surprised there’s CMs out there who just hand out the discount no probs Lol.
I'm wondering if maybe that CM may have been reprimanded for not following the rules to a T. I know that if you're using a TiW card, the bill should technically be paid for by the person who has the card. I've had the same thing happen when using my Disney Visa discount on a merchandise purchase for someone else in my party. I had to actually hand over the money/gift card/use my MB.

I'm wondering if maybe that CM may have been reprimanded for not following the rules to a T. I know that if you're using a TiW card, the bill should technically be paid for by the person who has the card. I've had the same thing happen when using my Disney Visa discount on a merchandise purchase for someone else in my party. I had to actually hand over the money/gift card/use my MB.

It’s very possible. But then there are all these stories of everyone and their mother getting discounts so who knows?

It’s very possible. But then there are all these stories of everyone and their mother getting discounts so who knows?
I think that it's like everything about Disney and the enforcement of their own rules. If they were consistent and diligent about it, no scofflaws would be parking at the BWV and spending the evening at Epcot, cheaters who ride the elevator up to the CL lounges when a guest staying there taps in would be turned away at the desk, every pool would be policed for non-guests using the facilities and everyone would be made to move to the end of the row in packed theaters instead of forcing other guests to step over them. :)

Perhaps, but putting limitations on Resale vs Direct is extremely common throughout the timeshare industry...and at its heart, DVC is a timeshare.

This. I own a Marriott TS as well as my early 90's purchase of DVC. I bought my original purchase of Marriott from them. Loved it so much, added a resale week with the full knowledge that I could not exchange my resale week for Marriott points or enroll that week into the destination program. But I don't care. Saved a truckload at a place I love. I know of NO timeshare that does not have restrictions for resale owners.

As any court-appointed attorney will tell you, only answer the question that is asked.

-“Are you a DVC member.”
-“As a matter of fact, yes I am.”
Your are giving too much information, the correct answer in court would be to Answer:
Yes

And then be quiet until asked another question.

I am not going to say to much because I got a thread closed yesterday, but I will say that most likely Disney will stop this loophole at some point. And it wouldn't bother me in the least. Just go with the flow when they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!