Reservation Advice Needed Boma vs Tusker House

mjp888

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I need some advice for dining reservations for our Animal Kingdom day in September!

We are on the DDP and currently have an 5:00 reservation at Tusker House with the ROL Package. I just found out that Magic Kingdom extended its hours that night and is now open to 11:00. We have also looked at eating at Boma and just saw that they have a 5:15 reservation open that evening.

My question is: should we keep the Tusker House reservation and stay in AK all day (worried we may run out of things to do as we move quickly as a young couple) or move our reservation to Boma and then head to MK for the rest of the evening?

Any advice appreciated! I've never been to either of these restaurants!

Do you still want to see RoL? If so, what time is it at?

If you're hoping to get to Boma then this might be a great option for you. You can always decide on the fly too. If you swap your dining to Boma you can decide when you're there if you want to go back to AK or move to MK.

We enjoy AK at night. Kilimanjaro Safari at sunset, Expedition Everest at night. Pandora at night. We quite enjoy an entire day and evening now at AK since it's an option. We went to a RoL breakfast at Tusker House but decided to skip RoL and do other things in the park. Pixie Dusted a couple who were walking to RoL with our dining package voucher.

I would stay in the Animal Kingdom at night. Although Boma is the much better restaurant of the two, Pandora at night is magical, In addition the different nighttime shows such as Burudika and the Discovery Island Carnivale are wonderful. There is a Tree of Life Awakenings Show and you can't beat riding Kali River Rapids and other rides there at night. So I would either keep The Tusker House, or get a Fastpass for Rivers of Light Show on your own ( keep trying ) and then leave to go to Boma early and then go back to the Animal Kingdom after dinner.

Tusker House has the characters, Boma does not. Does that make a difference to you? If you haven't been to Tusker House, I would recommend that first. You can always go to Boma on a non-park day.

You can't go wrong with either! We are excited to see AK @ night on our Thanksgiving trip, so I'd be leaning that way if I were in your position. Have you already seen Pandora @ night? Are there other MK EMH you can take advantage of on a different day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!