Reservation system down?

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
Checked for the past 3 days and each time it is down, get the dwarfs mining. Did they take the system down on purpose? Anyone else get into the RAT?

I had no problem yesterday adjusting my August trip. Have you tried to clear everything?

I was able to cancel a reservation earlier today, but could not book anything.

Since the beginning of this unprecedented crisis, the website has been unusually wonky. I can only use the RAT or modify by going into Incognito mode and that only works 50% of the time. Today has been especially aggravating. I wanna box those dwarf ears every time I see them.

I couldn't get RAT to work at all last night, but it was working for me today.

ETA: I got the dreaded dwarfs every time I tried to check availability (but the rest of the website seemed to function ok).

Last edited:
I use Safari and sometimes I get the spinning beach ball of death. When that happens I just back out go back in and I'm all good. It happened that way this morning and yesterday.

Clear cache/cookies, use a different browser, use incognito/private mode, refresh, just keep trying, or call. It is working most of the time even when some post they can't access the site, it just may take a bit of work/aggravation to get things to function properly.

I've seen Dwarves for months. Takes time and refreshing and repeating and a few other tricks to get anything done. But the system is not down. I modified reservations both last night and today although it took waaaaaaayyyyy longer and required more persistence too get it to go thru than it should.

I booked a night today, then used chat to use holding points for it. Not sure if we’re really going for 4th of July, but have another night added.

Every time I go on the site and it has me do a survey I have no issues. I usually don’t have many problems, but have had a few issues in the last week or two.

I keep intermittently getting Error 502. :badpc:

This page isn’t working
disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 502

I was able to cancel some of my August reservations earlier today. I had an epic split stay extravaganza booked, with 5 resorts across 10 nights. I ended up calling Member Services because I had such a mess with 2018, 2019, and 2020 points. The mess was partly because of a cancelled April trip, but mostly because I kept tinkering with my August plans earlier this year. :surfweb:

Now I'm using up all my 2018 points in August, since MS was able to clean up the mess. I cut it from 10 to 5 nights to minimize the risk of lost points, but I still have 2 resorts. I didn't want to give up my Ocean View Inn Room at Vero Beach, and I wasn't able to add nights there in that category.

I'll transfer the points to RCI if my August trip gets cancelled, although I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

I've had about trouble with the web site (including sign in) about a third of the time over the last 3 weeks. And wait times on Member Services over 30 minutes until today when I got through in 15 minutes. Haven't been able to wait over 30 minutes in the last week - my work day did not allow it.

Today, May 11, I tried to log in and got this notice.

Please Try Again Later
All password-protected areas of this website are temporarily unavailable as we perform scheduled system updates. Please try again after 5:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, May 4, 2020.
Please check back later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter