Reservations Fall 2021?

As soon as I saw the notices that reservations was open for all 2021, I checked full hookup for first two weeks in December. $2473 WOW - then I checked two weeks before Thanksgiving and I can get preferred for little over $1700 . Will miss some Christmas stuff, but $700 less works for me.

I saw that the pop up sites were like 158 or something on December. I didnt want to see the other ones. I did prefered also this time, i rwally liked the full hook ups on the water, but my luck i would get the small inside site. So , ill take walking distance to the boat. I might even get more take out food this year because of it!

As soon as I saw the notices that reservations was open for all 2021, I checked full hookup for first two weeks in December. $2473 WOW - then I checked two weeks before Thanksgiving and I can get preferred for little over $1700 . Will miss some Christmas stuff, but $700 less works for me.

Yes, lindsey, the rates for that time period are lower (early November) and the weather is generally pretty nice (like we are having now at the Fort). Warm, not humid as often.

Nice time to go and relax for two weeks.

Bama Ed

Just booked for oct 30-nov 7! Thanks for letting us know. Such a good group on these boards!
Not happy about the fact that all of those resorts are closed for 2021! Was going to book WL or AoA depending on my mood and decided to go with CBR. Really wanted WL

I saw that the pop up sites were like 158 or something on December. I didnt want to see the other ones. I did prefered also this time, i rwally liked the full hook ups on the water, but my luck i would get the small inside site. So , ill take walking distance to the boat. I might even get more take out food this year because of it!
What are pop up sites?

What are pop up sites?

Sites designated for Tents, Pop-up Campers, and Class B (van style) camping rigs (they are referred to as "Tents or Pop-up Campsites" in Disney's listings). They are loops 1500 and 2000 at Fort Wilderness.

They have shorter driveways, bigger gravel pads for you to set up on (the coquina has been removed), and all the hookups but no sewer.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Was able to book FW cabin for mid November 2021.
Thanks, BeachMom, for the alert that the reservations opened up. I did get a Premium Meadows for 10 days in Dec '21.

I am surprised, however, still no mention by WDW of 50th celebration plans. Or did I miss it somewhere?

I just booked our traditional week after Thanksgiving. I got Premium Meadows, which is what I wanted. I noticed that there were no Preferred sites left for our dates. I am going to hold onto our April 2021 reservations for now, but I am not hopeful that COVID will be sufficiently under control by then.

Last year was my first year for Halloween there and loved it. I have been checking the website twice a day since June for 2021, by 9 am all sites were booked except pop ups. Good thing I read through these threads and my TT at 27ft should fit haha. Now fingers crossed they open up the Can-US border..... See you all there next year.

Magic bands are no lomger free for 2021. 5 bucks for a plain jane. Good news is they have others to choose from 10 to 20 $. So not a total loss. Good thing i saved my old ones.

I just booked our first stay at the Fort. 2 nights in a cabin Oct.19-21. I am so excited to check out the Fort, especially near Halloween. I think the kids will love everything about it. I hope it’s a nice retreat for Dh who hates crowds and will not be happy about being in MK during the 50th celebration craziness.

Magic bands are no lomger free for 2021. 5 bucks for a plain jane. Good news is they have others to choose from 10 to 20 $. So not a total loss. Good thing i saved my old ones.
I knew that was coming, but didn't know they'd specified the prices yet.

Do you have a link or is it on the WDW website?

Its on the sites when i clicked on get majic bands. And its spelled put somewhere also. There is mention of maybe a phone scan thing also. So i figure they will go that route for free and do awaY with the plain bands so they can upsell you.

I knew that was coming, but didn't know they'd specified the prices yet.

Do you have a link or is it on the WDW website?

Stormy, I think it's okay mostly because they've been giving Magic Bands away for free for a few years now so a lot of their returning customer base has already received one for free (at least one).

Now that the "embedded base" has been saturated, you can start charging for the mostly newbie guests who are coming to the Fort for their first time.

The hook to providing the MBs for free is to get guests to use them and charge back to the room with them and lose track of how much they are $pending. Now they'll probably just cover their variable costs by charging a modest amount for 2021 bands and going forward.

Bama Ed

We really wanted a site from 12/18/2021 to 01/02/2022. I could only get 12/18 to 12/26. Do you think they are not open yet or do you think that they are already booked up???

Originally, knowing the exact day we could book was my plan but when that went away, Oh my goodness! You have no chance!!!

I am looking often to see if anything opens.

The first week in jan was open to me when i booked mine, its probably full allready.

Stormy, I think it's okay mostly because they've been giving Magic Bands away for free for a few years now so a lot of their returning customer base has already received one for free (at least one).

Now that the "embedded base" has been saturated, you can start charging for the mostly newbie guests who are coming to the Fort for their first time.

The hook to providing the MBs for free is to get guests to use them and charge back to the room with them and lose track of how much they are $pending. Now they'll probably just cover their variable costs by charging a modest amount for 2021 bands and going forward.

Bama Ed

I've got ours from 2015 & 2019. But I was hoping to snag a freebie for our trip next May. I haven't customized on MDE yet so was curious as to whether or not charging for them was already active on MDE for trips next year.

I've got ours from 2015 & 2019. But I was hoping to snag a freebie for our trip next May. I haven't customized on MDE yet so was curious as to whether or not charging for them was already active on MDE for trips next year.
I kinda did the same, my brother usally comes down for a day or two so i put him on the reservation this year( didnt last year untill he got here). I thought he would get a band so we wouldn't have to wait in line to get him a scan card again. Oh ,and i found it interesting that his scan card is also still active from last year, lol. I didnt know that, so be careful with stuff you think is disposable if it is linked to your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter