Reservations for large groups

GrantMcR

Earning My Ears
How difficult is it to find reservations for large groups? This will be my first time planning a trip for my whole family and there will probably be 11 of us. Wondering if it's even realistic to consider any TS restaurants or if we should just stick to QS?

I'm planning for 14 now, and I've been very successful splitting us into tables of 6 and 8. Except for Be Our Guest, I've been able to get reservations at the exact same time or within 15 minutes. I plan to contact the restaurants the day before our reservations and request adjacent tables.

I've found the Reservation Finder tool at TouringPlans.com to be very helpful.

Here's what I've gotten, maybe it helps:

Cinderella's: 11:45 AM for 8 / 12:00 PM for 6
Be Our Guest: 6:25 PM (8) / 7:00 PM (6)

Crystal Palace: 12:40 PM (14)
Tony's: 7:50 PM (6) / 8:00 PM (8)

San Angel Inn: 12:10 PM (6) / 12:10 PM (8)
Coral Reef: 5:45 PM (8) / 6:00 PM (6)

Rainforest AK: 12:15 PM (4) / 12:15 PM (6)

50s Prime Time: 12:10 PM (14)
Sci-Fi: 5:45 PM (8) / 5:50 PM (6)

Plaza: 12:00 PM (6) / 12:00 PM (8)
Spirit of Aloha: 5:15 PM (14)

Chef Mickey's: 8:55 AM (14)

Here's what I've gotten, maybe it helps:

Cinderella's: 11:45 AM for 8 / 12:00 PM for 6
Be Our Guest: 6:25 PM (8) / 7:00 PM (6)

Crystal Palace: 12:40 PM (14)
Tony's: 7:50 PM (6) / 8:00 PM (8)

San Angel Inn: 12:10 PM (6) / 12:10 PM (8)
Coral Reef: 5:45 PM (8) / 6:00 PM (6)

Rainforest AK: 12:15 PM (4) / 12:15 PM (6)

50s Prime Time: 12:10 PM (14)
Sci-Fi: 5:45 PM (8) / 5:50 PM (6)

Plaza: 12:00 PM (6) / 12:00 PM (8)
Spirit of Aloha: 5:15 PM (14)

Chef Mickey's: 8:55 AM (14)
Wow! Awesome. Thanks for all the info. Looks like it should be doable.

It depends on the restaurant. I had to break up our group of 20 into 2-3 groups at times, but I had no issue securing reservations for Christmas week.

I've made ADRs at
Be Our Guest
Trattoria al Forno
Ohana
Yak and Yeti
50s Prime Time
California Grill
Cape May character breakfast
Teppen Edo
Frontera Codina
Splitsville
Liberty Tree Tavern
La Hacienda de San Angel

They are all for 18 people from December 20th to New Years Eve. In a couple of places I've had to split the number into 3 x 6 or 2 x 10 i.e. 50s Prime Time and Cali Grill but the times are either all the same or within 10 minutes of each other.

One big tip, that I got from reading the Disboards, was to search for an even number of people per table and that certainly seemed to work for me as I had very little trouble getting the places and times that I wanted.

How difficult is it to find reservations for large groups? This will be my first time planning a trip for my whole family and there will probably be 11 of us. Wondering if it's even realistic to consider any TS restaurants or if we should just stick to QS?

Very realistic! I haven't had problems. I plan our school's Disney YEs trip every year for 20-26 students. There are a few restaurants that we can't book through Group Events like BoG, CP, TH, H&V. BoG doesn't do the email any more for large groups/20+, but I haven't had any problems booking online for 12 & then calling for the others in the group. Sometimes the CM has had to do a party of 8 then another party of 8 within 5 minutes of each other. We have been able to sit by each other, but largest table sits 8. H&V has a number for large groups, you call and leave number and receive email confirmations and details (reservation) are in MDE. TH (14 for 1 ADR and called for the others) & CP (all 22 this year for 1 ADR), I've booked online @ one time.

You shouldn't encounter too many issues with 11. The Party Size drop down box lets you know what's acceptable for each restaurant, just start with your total possible party size and go from there.

For the most part, depending on restaurant, your party size is too small to be considered an actual large group for most places.
MAXIMUM NUMBERS ALLOWED AT EACH RESTAURANT -- to book ADR
http://wdwprepschool.com/booking-large-groups-for-dining-at-disney-world/

Last edited:
I'm planning for 14 now, and I've been very successful splitting us into tables of 6 and 8. Except for Be Our Guest, I've been able to get reservations at the exact same time or within 15 minutes. I plan to contact the restaurants the day before our reservations and request adjacent tables.

I've found the Reservation Finder tool at TouringPlans.com to be very helpful.

We do this every trip for our Disney YES group @ 4pm (go to check-in with all reservation #'s to advise CM of multiple ADRs ) on the day of our reservation. Haven't had any issues sitting by each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter