Reservations this Tight?

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I'm working on getting a dinner reservation for MK on 4/4 (preferably at BoG). I had one for 4/5 but some have to fly out early so we are hoping to move it.

The oddity is how little is available all day for reservations. There are about 4-5 spots total between Diamond, Skipper, Tony's - occasionally one shows for Liberty Tree. Nothing at Breakfast or Dinner - a few at 10pm at night (but who eats that late?)

Has anyone seen dining this tight? Should I give up and either redo our touring plan for other days or is there still hope?

Side Note - crowd calendar is saying Easter sunday is better (seems counter intuitive than a Wed) and there is more dining. However, FP+ is a lot less available.

Advice?

I'm working on getting a dinner reservation for MK on 4/4 (preferably at BoG). I had one for 4/5 but some have to fly out early so we are hoping to move it.

The oddity is how little is available all day for reservations. There are about 4-5 spots total between Diamond, Skipper, Tony's - occasionally one shows for Liberty Tree. Nothing at Breakfast or Dinner - a few at 10pm at night (but who eats that late?)

Has anyone seen dining this tight? Should I give up and either redo our touring plan for other days or is there still hope?

Side Note - crowd calendar is saying Easter sunday is better (seems counter intuitive than a Wed) and there is more dining. However, FP+ is a lot less available.

Advice?
I don't put any stock in crowd calendars at all. I wouldn't go to MK on Easter. FP+ is a good indicator. I would keep checking for the ADRs you want, especially the day before your trip. That's when a lot of people will cancel to avoid the fee.

I only have 3 in the group - just scares me as I've never see this little available for ADRs on a day.

I'm going Easter week and had good luck with Touring Plan's reservation finder, but haven't tried for BOG. That said BOG is the one dinner reservation I haven't moved since snagging it 180 days ago! 4/4 is our day and also the extra magic hour day, which is adding to crowds I think.

And also side note - we are rope dropping MK on Easter Sunday but headed out of there by 11:00 off to the Flower and Garden Festival.

I only have 3 in the group - just scares me as I've never see this little available for ADRs on a day.
I've seen worse. I've seen nothing available at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. That's around New Years, but Easter is usually just as crowded.

That said; what you're seeing isn't really that bad. It's short notice and things are booked. That's pretty normal.

I'm going Easter week and had good luck with Touring Plan's reservation finder, but haven't tried for BOG. That said BOG is the one dinner reservation I haven't moved since snagging it 180 days ago! 4/4 is our day and also the extra magic hour day, which is adding to crowds I think.

And also side note - we are rope dropping MK on Easter Sunday but headed out of there by 11:00 off to the Flower and Garden Festival.
We're going to BOG for 4/3. We had to cancel 4/2 due to our plane coming in so late. Love the reservations system and all the information that's on there. Still waiting for Ohana for dinner, but have a breakfast reservation. Missed the Tusker House reservation by minutes!

Seeing as you can book ADRs 180 days out, and popular restaurants fill up quickly, followed by the secondary ones (so guests that insist on TS gave SOMEWHERE to eat), the scarcity of available ADRs on your preferred date doesn't seem all that shocking to me. As for switching, you have to ask yourself if the ADR is more important than your FPs...can you schedule your ADR for Easter and then schedule your priority MK FPs for a different day?

Last edited:
Seeing as I you can book ADRs 180 days out, and popular restaurants fill up quickly, followed by the secondary ones (so guests that insist on TS gave SOMEWHERE to eat), the scarcity of available ADRs on your preferred date doesn't seem all that shocking to me. As for switching, you have to ask yourself if the ADR is more important than your FPs...can you schedule your ADR for Easter and then schedule your priority MK FPs for a different day?
I made 3 reservations for a day we won't be in the park much, except for a few hours at MGM. I wanted to try some of this good food I'd heard about, plus table service meals take time unless you're slamming down food to run back to the attractions. Then what's the point? I had to accept that I won't see or do it all, so I'm trying to find what is the most important for this trip.

Have you tried searching for 4 instead of 3? Are you following the cancellation thread here and signed up for TP ressie finder? Good luck getting your ADR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter