Reservations with group and ddp ?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Is it going to be an issue if for booking purposes I had split our group up into families that may not room together/have the same ddp? Or will that just be for checking in purposes, then we can for example "pay" with our credits for us at our table and say one of us who is sitting with friends/or vice versa?

Hope this makes sense, thanks!

Book for the number of people you want at your table (with the caveat that Disney reserves the right to split parties - even parties of one!) Tell your server which orders get applied to which account.

Sorry what I mean is as we are a group of 16, is it ok if I have some ressies that I got of 2 parties of 8 and some of 3 parties of 6/6/4...with some of the kids or whoever swapping tables and not sitting with their nuclear families who have their ddp at some dinners depending on the configuration of our ressie that night?

If its ok, for example, if one of my kids sits with their cousins for a dinner for seating purposes, do I just say when Im scanning my magicband "pls add the person over at that table to our bill" type of thing?

Sorry if this isnt making sense..we've only really went to wdw with our nuclear family so have never had this issue, thanks.

I can’t remember with 100% certainty but I think we were able to have just one check for our entire large group of 16 even for reservations where we had to be split up into groups of 2 or 3. This was in 2018. We were all on the DDP so it was slightly less complicated than having some on and some off but you might want to ask them just to put everyone on one check and note how many credits you want to use/who you will pay OOP for.

OP, talk. to. your. servers. Frankly, that sounds extremely confusing to me - and I understood it. But it sounds overly stressful to the servers.

Sorry what I mean is as we are a group of 16, is it ok if I have some ressies that I got of 2 parties of 8 and some of 3 parties of 6/6/4...with some of the kids or whoever swapping tables and not sitting with their nuclear families who have their ddp at some dinners depending on the configuration of our ressie that night?

If its ok, for example, if one of my kids sits with their cousins for a dinner for seating purposes, do I just say when Im scanning my magicband "pls add the person over at that table to our bill" type of thing?

Sorry if this isnt making sense..we've only really went to wdw with our nuclear family so have never had this issue, thanks.

Don't know how old the kids are, but each person has all the credits of the room, so you could let each table take care of their own bill and at each table more than one person can "pay." Your kids just need to have the pin to charge.

I can’t remember with 100% certainty but I think we were able to have just one check for our entire large group of 16 even for reservations where we had to be split up into groups of 2 or 3. This was in 2018. We were all on the DDP so it was slightly less complicated than having some on and some off but you might want to ask them just to put everyone on one check and note how many credits you want to use/who you will pay OOP for.

So no one will be paying OOP, just a matter of organizing the ddp credits.

And I realize it is confusing, but I have taken the advice from these boards to book our larger group into smaller if need be, problem is some places only offer the "even" number ressies (even at 180 days), so some we had to separate based on availability and book a few of 8 and 8, even though the nuclear families may be 7 and 9.

Thanks, that might work, kids are "Disney adults" so this would work..thank you!

Thanks, that might work, kids are "Disney adults" so this would work..thank you!

No problem then. They will want/need charging privileges anyway. Either have everyone get their own PIN or use the same for everyone in the room. Then at the table each person can charge their own meals.

The problem with telling a server that you're paying for someone at another table is that the table your kid may be at may not have the same server.

Another thing...having your kid at another table might put that table into an auto-gratuity situation.

Like others have said...easiest to just make sure the kids have a pin they can pay for their meal themselves.

Another thing...having your kid at another table might put that table into an auto-gratuity situation.
Six+ persons at a table automatically puts that table into the auto-gratuity situation. Doesn't matter is one person is paying, or six individuals.

There's more to this, but I'll save it for the dedicated thread :).

Six+ persons at a table automatically puts that table into the auto-gratuity situation. Doesn't matter is one person is paying, or six individuals.

There's more to this, but I'll save it for the dedicated thread :).

Of course...just saying it's something to be aware of.

I should note that we also ate all table service meals together so this approach worked because no one was using any TS credits away from the rest of the group so ultimately it did not matter which room the TS credits came off of at each meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter