Residence Inn: Harbor or Clementine???

Trixiezzz

Budgeting my way to Disney!
We've narrowed it down to a Residence Inn.

Now the question is: Which one???

I've read good reviews about both on tripadvisor.com.

Can anyone tell me about your stay??

Especially:

** Parking~ Free? Crowded?
** Shuttle~ wait time?
** Free breakfast?
** How nice were the rooms?

Thanks!
:flower:

We stayed at the one on Clementine. It was ok. I didn't like it because it was the old style where everyone has an outside door. We had to lug our luggage up the stairs. I prefer the ones that have inside corridors but other than that it was a great place to stay.

Stayed at RI on Clementine in August for 8 days and we loved it for this family of 6.
Parking is free. It is crowded and you may not find a reasonable spot later in the evening.
Shuttle Wait time..never more than 15 minutes. Stops right in front. We wound up walking to Red Roof and getting on there. RR was the 2nd stop.
Free breakfast was excellent..sausage, eggs, cereals, juice, milk, etc.
Clean rooms(never a problem), free grocery shopping. Made out a list at night and everything was in the room by noon. Nice pool, a snack shop and a small gift grotto.
I personally like the outside doors. We had no problem with neighbor noise and at being 60 y.o, carrying the luggage upstairs is just part of traveling.

Have a great time. pirate:

Trixiezzz said:
We've narrowed it down to a Residence Inn.

Now the question is: Which one???

I've read good reviews about both on tripadvisor.com.

Can anyone tell me about your stay??

Especially:

** Parking~ Free? Crowded?
** Shuttle~ wait time?
** Free breakfast?
** How nice were the rooms?

Thanks!
:flower:

There is more parking at the Residence Inn on Clementine
Both are served by the ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation)
Both have the same hot breakfast plan
Both have nice rooms, however the one on Harbor has the kids suite with 2-bedrooms & one having bunkbeds. On the other hand, the one on clementine has the penthouse suite with an upstairs loft.

Personally, I prefer the Residence Inn Maingate on Clementine. I like the grounds better, pool better, eating area better. However, the one on Harbor is really nice inside, and the rooms are all together in one building.

I have pics of both hotels at the hotel thread stuck at the top.

Residence Inn-Maingate on Clementine

Residence Inn-Resort Area on Harbor Blvd

We would pick the one on Clementine. It had a dedicated shuttle when we stayed there though, not ART. That was one of the perks for me...you can walk to the parks (and we did many times) but it was nice to see that shuttle there at the end of a long day. We really liked the individual outside doors...made it seem more "homey" or something. :flower: The breakfast was the best we have had provided by a hotel and the rooms were nice - lots of space and a kitchen is a huge bonus. We didn't have any trouble parking but we also didn't move our car very much once we got there (too busy going to the parks!).

ZeusNike said:
We would pick the one on Clementine. It had a dedicated shuttle when we stayed there though, not ART.

The Residence Inn on Clementine now uses the ART shuttle instead of having their own.

We have stayed at both numerous times.

We have been unhappy with the service at Clementine. The staff was rude and unfriendly. The parking is limited. The buffet area is crowded in the morning. They had signs posted "no hot food is to leave the dining area".

The Harbor RI is newer and much cleaner. The staff is nicer also. It is within walking distance to several restaurants and a target.

I would go to the Harbor one.

i stayed at the Harbor Blvd RI for 9 nights for first time last August. I have to say it was top notch. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and the breakfast in the lobby was great. We even stayed some nights that were full capacity, and it still went well. The parking was never full, but you may had to park lil further away from hotel. I never used the ART system, since i had a rental car. i was very happy and thrilled and would not hesistate to stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter