Resort bar hopping...

cfbarker

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I’m planning a trip for 5 adults Thanksgiving week and we are wanting to visit a few resort bars on one of our non-park days. Is that even a thing right now? How restricted are you moving from resort to resort? Are the lounges and bars open? Do they take reservations? Thanks for any help!

No hopping resorts without dining reservations, though there are some restaurants accepting walk up reservations. Not sure how walk ups would apply in your case though.

You may be able to conceivably plan a meal and get drinks before or after, if the lounges are open.

Disney Spring is where you want to go... the bars are back open, social distancing is going on... this will be your best bet.. lots of options to sit outside, and enjoy a beverage... inside to, just not as many seats, as before.

Epcot you could do this as well... Plus the Christmas or holiday kiosk will be in full swing, and last year they had some really interesting cocktails, We call it Christmas Food and Wine...

Have fun...

Hey all! I’m planning a trip for 5 adults Thanksgiving week and we are wanting to visit a few resort bars on one of our non-park days. Is that even a thing right now? How restricted are you moving from resort to resort? Are the lounges and bars open? Do they take reservations? Thanks for any help!
It's absolutely still a thing! You can't drive up to a resort you're not staying at, but there's no issue with taking Disney transportation. I've been back a few times and had no issue walking up to resorts (like Contemporary) or taking the monorail/skyliner/bus. Definitely check if the lounges you're interested in are open though, because not all of them have reopened. You'll have to look those up individually or check the list on WDW's website.

Another strategy is to book an ADR at a couple resort restaurants - but you have to time them out - drinks/appetizers at one place, more drinks/dessert at another one. (Yes, I might have done this in the past because I despise waiting for a seat and I never seem to find the lounges having walk-up when I'm there!) This works if you want to go to that resort to see it - but if you truly want to visit 3-5 different lounges and have no schedule - this does not work.

We were able to Uber to Wilderness Lodge to eat at Geyster Point. They don't take reservations there, but they didn't give us any problems at the front gate.

At Disney Springs, I would recommend Jock Lindsay's Hanger Bar, Wine Bar George, and T-Rex Restaurant for fun drinks and great atmosphere!

It's absolutely still a thing! You can't drive up to a resort you're not staying at, but there's no issue with taking Disney transportation. I've been back a few times and had no issue walking up to resorts (like Contemporary) or taking the monorail/skyliner/bus. Definitely check if the lounges you're interested in are open though, because not all of them have reopened. You'll have to look those up individually or check the list on WDW's website.
Thank you! I’ll make sure to check if the lounges are open before making any definite plans.

Another strategy is to book an ADR at a couple resort restaurants - but you have to time them out - drinks/appetizers at one place, more drinks/dessert at another one. (Yes, I might have done this in the past because I despise waiting for a seat and I never seem to find the lounges having walk-up when I'm there!) This works if you want to go to that resort to see it - but if you truly want to visit 3-5 different lounges and have no schedule - this does not work.
We may start out with a ressie do we can at least know we’re getting into one of them. Thanks for the idea.

Crescent Lake should definitely be on the top of your list. Between The Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club and the Swan & Dolphin, you have a ton of dining/drinking options. And, unlike the monorail resorts, they are highly walkable. It takes no more than 15 minutes to walk between any of those resorts.

I'm headed down next weekend with two sorority sisters from college and we've got specific plans for a Monorail Pub Crawl one night and a Skyliner Pub Crawl another night. For monorail night, we will hit The Wave Lounge (or Outer Rim if its open), Tambu Lounge and the Enchanted Rose. The monorail might not be stopping at the Polynesian by the time we get there, so we plan to walk from the Poly to the Grand Floridian. For the Skyliner Crawl it will be the Abracabar, The Banana Cabana and Bar Riva. I've been told my some DVC members that some of the bars are walk-up only in that you cannot sit at the bar, but can get your drink and sit nearby (such as in the lobby area of the Poly with a Tambu drink). Just plan on using Disney transport and you'll be fine. Yes there are lots of things either not open or are operating a tad differently, but you can certainly have some boozy fun (as we intend to:) Cheers!

If your not picky about drinks hopping around on the skyliner is a lot of fun. The Riviera is refined, and CBR to walk around. As the rides between stops are short, it should make for great fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!