Resort Change by Disney

I'm assuming they'll try to move you to Pop or AoA since they're all values. I was able to drop and move my dates and keep price protection.

Pop does not show availability for my dates,unless they hold inventory back and don’t make it available online.

As for AoA, I would refuse a LM room bc of the double beds. if they want to give me a family suite I would take it! Lol. But those cost much more per night, which is why I assumed CSR.

The room time is not a concern (one - due to now having to get your own luggage at MCO) and we are planning to be at DS most of the first day. So, I will say something about not having an issue if we have to wait for a better room.

That’s a really busy time for DVC so it will depend on how many rooms members have booked and whether they will be able to move you to a preferred room.

It is possible that the Paddock area will be done or almost done and that is a standard view area. So, you can mention that as well! Preferred areas are Congress Park and the Springs which are all done!!

Thank you to everyone providing updates. I’m still waiting on my call. We are scheduled to check in to AS Movies on 12/28. I assume they will offer us a standard room at Coronado Springs since that seems the closest thing available to what we have.

Has anyone had any luck in getting a night dropped from your reservation when they move it? Or the same number of nights but just shifted by a day?
She explained that she could remove dates but not add to keep the price protection. We wished we added at least 1 more day but didn't want to deal with the hassle of a split stay just for one night. Oh well.

That’s a really busy time for DVC so it will depend on how many rooms members have booked and whether they will be able to move you to a preferred room.

It is possible that the Paddock area will be done or almost done and that is a standard view area. So, you can mention that as well! Preferred areas are Congress Park and the Springs which are all done!!
I will make sure to mention that - we are totally fine with an upgrade to a non-refurb room, if it is an upgrade to a 1 bedroom. If not, we will try for a refurb studio in Congress Park or The Springs. - or at worst The Paddock if they are done). I am hoping that they might have a non-refurb 1 bedroom - most if not all want the refurb rooms - so, it may be possible to get that upgrade just because most would not pick that. Fingers crossed, just happy to be spending Christmas in Disney!

I will make sure to mention that - we are totally fine with an upgrade to a non-refurb room, if it is an upgrade to a 1 bedroom. If not, we will try for a refurb studio in Congress Park or The Springs. - or at worst The Paddock if they are done). I am hoping that they might have a non-refurb 1 bedroom - most if not all want the refurb rooms - so, it may be possible to get that upgrade just because most would not pick that. Fingers crossed, just happy to be spending Christmas in Disney!

The good news is that I have read off some DVC villa upgrades and 1 bedrooms are the last to go with DVC owners, so all good things in your favor,

The only bad news, like I said, is DVC is pretty booked solid those dates, even at SSR, so it will all dependent on that! Never hurts to ask though

The good news is that I have read off some DVC villa upgrades and 1 bedrooms are the last to go with DVC owners, so all good things in your favor,

The only bad news, like I said, is DVC is pretty booked solid those dates, even at SSR, so it will all dependent on that! Never hurts to ask though
Hoping that it is our Honeymoon helps! ;)

I hear you about wanting to be excited about your resort!! We’re also booked in a rack-rate garden view room at POFQ. Our TA has told us for months there’s no point in asking about anything other than what they offer, and now it’s the one-bedroom at Saratoga or nothing. She did also tell me she’s been dodging Disney’s calls about our reservation, though. 😂 I wish we could talk to a CM ourselves. Ah well, lesson learned! This was our first time using a TA - of all the years to try something new. 😂😂

Any update on your reservation? I hope you get good news soon.

Any update on your reservation? I hope you get good news soon.

Actually, yes! Just this morning! I reached out to our TA yesterday to see if there had been any update, since our PIF date is this coming weekend, and we’re eager to just have some sort of plan figured out. She got back to me this morning and said the best they could offer was a king bed at CBR.

We decided to just cancel the POFQ package at that point since we could get a Kidani studio for ~$300 more and be done with it, but when she called to cancel, they offered a Kidani one-bedroom instead. So now we’re in a standard view one-bedroom villa at Kidani, with price-protection from our POFQ package. It was a no brainer for us and we’re excited!

Update on me: had to call to work out a ticket issue and decided to ask about the resort move while I was on the phone.

Was first offered CSR standard view. I asked if I had any other options. She put me on hold a bit then came back with AoA family suite.

I love the idea of a moderate and I’ve heard CSR is great. But I just could not pass up all the extra room and the extra bathroom. I’m excited for our trip!

I'm still holding out for my April 2021 reservation at POFQ. Has anyone with reservations for that time been moved?

I had a room at ASMovies for Thanksgiving week booked with Undercover Tourist. We were upgraded to a Finding Nemo Suite and completely stoked about the trip. Something has come up over Thanksgiving. I’m looking to move my room price-protected to different dates. If it’s not price protected, then the family suite is off the table 😩 Can I call Disney and try (completely award that it is likely a no) or do I have to go through UT?

I had a room at ASMovies for Thanksgiving week booked with Undercover Tourist. We were upgraded to a Finding Nemo Suite and completely stoked about the trip. Something has come up over Thanksgiving. I’m looking to move my room price-protected to different dates. If it’s not price protected, then the family suite is off the table 😩 Can I call Disney and try (completely award that it is likely a no) or do I have to go through UT?
There will be no price protection if you change your dates. Many have tried, so far only success seen I believe is when cutting off days from the original booking.

I'm still holding out for my April 2021 reservation at POFQ. Has anyone with reservations for that time been moved?
We also had April POFQ reservations (rebook from cancelled April 2020 trip). I called this week and was offered CBR, CSR and Ft Wilderness cabins. The person I spoke to was very polite and helpful, and did say it was possible that the POFQ could be open by then. But I didn’t want to be in limbo for the next couple months and we didn’t want any of those choices, so decided to rebook a different resort using the current promo. Good luck with your decision.

SIL and I have a trip planned for February, and when I booked our rooms I booked ASMo for 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday) and then also booked CBR for Friday-Sunday. I literally booked ASMo because I figured they reopen would get bumped and we might be able to get an upgrade to CBR. I looked at the website today for the first time in months and saw that my suspicion was correct. Now. Do I call and see where they want to reassign us sooner, or wait until we are closer and hope pop and AoA are booked ? 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter