Resort dining reduced/limited menus?

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
Hi! Sorry if this has been covered before- I started looking at some breakfast menus on MDE for a few resort restaurants we have enjoyed before and noticed most of them seemed to be very short and missing a lot of choices I remembered in the past- for example at Pop, Ale & Compass (entree options), GF Cafe.

Is that accurate for what folks are currently experiencing?

Yes, due to reduced capacity they have also reduced menus. I guess one theory is that if they had every option there would be a lot of food waste as there just isnt the guest volume to warrant keeping so much variety of food.

Yes, due to reduced capacity they have also reduced menus. I guess one theory is that if they had every option there would be a lot of food waste as there just isnt the guest volume to warrant keeping so much variety of food.

It is also a matter of supply. Some things that have been readily available in the past are not as available currently.

so when you read the menus currently they have them listed in blue and black ink. Which items are not available? Sorry I am just confused.

Yes, the menus are limited compared to what they were pre COVID. For the most part we haven’t been too disappointed in options. The one exception was Chef de France last week. My daughter is vegetarian and the only option was French onion soup. It was her birthday dinner, thankfully she enjoyed the soup.

Pretty much every menu has been about cut in half across the resort and I've eaten at all types!

so when you read the menus currently they have them listed in blue and black ink. Which items are not available? Sorry I am just confused.

When you read the menu where? The menus on the Disney World website are generally accurate and up to date.

We had breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe on 10/1. The did not have the lobster benedict on the menu, but I asked and received. It was VERY good.

That's exciting to hear! That's one of the dishes I noticed was missing that I had enjoyed last year.

Yes, the menus are limited compared to what they were pre COVID. For the most part we haven’t been too disappointed in options. The one exception was Chef de France last week. My daughter is vegetarian and the only option was French onion soup. It was her birthday dinner, thankfully she enjoyed the soup.
How was it overall?

When you read the menu where? The menus on the Disney World website are generally accurate and up to date.
When you read the menus on the main site here, wdwinfo. I am trying to figure out which items are missing currently. I want to book Toppelino's but I fear what we want may not be on the menu. Same situation at a few other restaurants.

Last edited:
When you read the menus on the main site here, wdwinfo. I am trying to figure out which items are missing currently. I want to book Toppelino's but I fear what we want may not be on the menu. Same situation at a few other restaurants.

Look at the menus on Disneyworld.com. That's what the QR codes at restaurants take you to when you're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter