>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Lynne M

DIS Veteran
This thread is for questions and discussion about grocery deliveries to Disney resorts. Please post your questions on this thread, and please feel free to post any new or updated information that you come across. I'll do my best to keep this information updated.

The usual FAQ rules apply: no arguments, and no off-topic posts.

A BIG thanks to @niccikatie, who wrote the post you see below.

General notes on Alcohol Delivery: Garden Grocer is the only service that explicitly states it will leave alcohol orders with Bell Services. You have to supply a picture of your ID before your delivery for them to leave it at Bell Services. There have been reports of other services leaving alcohol with Bell Services (specifically Amazon Prime Now) but that is not guaranteed.

Garden Grocer
www.gardengrocer.com
  • Minimum Order: None
  • Fees:
    • $14; orders over $200 are free
    • Same day delivery $30; next day delivery $20
    • Tipping is optional but encouraged
  • Alcohol: Yes
  • Delivery to Bell Services: Yes – even alcohol
  • FAQ Link: https://www.gardengrocer.com/faqs

• PROS:
    • You can place the order well ahead of time and add on items up to three times before you arrive
    • Alcohol can be left at bell services if you send them a picture of your ID validating your age before you go – this is an easy process through a form on their website

• CONS:
    • Actual grocery prices are higher than other options
  • Other Info:
    • Order greater than 60 days before your delivery date for 10% off (10For60) – should be automatically applied
    • Order greater than 30 days before your delivery for 7% off (7For30) – should be automatically applied
  • Reviews:
We Go Shop
Currently shopping at: Publix, Sam’s Club, Trader Joe’s, Wal Mart, Whole Foods, Winn Dixie
www.WeGoShop.com
  • Minimum Order:None
  • Fees:
    • $0 - $50.00 fee is $19.00
    • $50.00 - $100.00 fee is $24.00
    • $100.00 - $200.00 fee is $29.00
    • $200.00 - $300.00 fee is $39.00
    • > $300.00 fee is 13% of the grocery receipt total
    • + $3.00 fuel surcharge will be added to all orders
    • + $10.00 fee for same day service, if available. Does not apply to pre-arranged same day return trips
    • + $5.00 per each additional store shopped at
    • + $20.00 for warehouse type stores (Costco, Sam's Club, etc.)
    • + $10.00 for "bag your own groceries" type stores
    • Additional fee for after-hours service, if available. Please call for rate and availability
    • A minimum gratuity of the greater of 15% of the grocery receipt(s) total or $10.00 will be added to all orders that are left at bell services.
    • Restocking Fee: We charge a 100% restocking fee for any age restricted items, including alcohol purchases, due to no valid identification, no call, no show or missed appointments (verified by actual flight arrival time).
  • Legal Notice: Florida state law mandates that the delivery of ANY age restricted items, including alcohol, must be transacted face to face and verified with valid, age appropriate identification. NO EXCEPTIONS!
  • Delivery to Bell Services: Yes, but a minimum gratuity of the greater of 15% of the grocery receipt(s) total or $10.00 will be added to all orders that are left at bell services.
  • FAQ Link: https://www.wegoshop.com/location15-1-6.html
  • PROS: Can ask for very specific items
  • Can shop at more than 1 store
  • Can leave special instructions related to substitutions
  • Can pay with cash
  • CONS: Complicated fee structure
  • Have to type out list of items
  • Won’t have full price until after shop because they charge actual retail prices
  • Other Info: Ask about loyalty rewards program and referral program
  • Can purchase a $100 gift card for $75 – must purchase >1 month before you will use it and can only use one per shop
  • Reviews:
Turner Drug
www.turnerdrug.com
Call for any questions: (407) 828-8125
  • Minimum Order: No
  • Fees: $9.00 delivery fee to most Disney Resorts
  • Alcohol: No
  • Delivery to Bell Services: No mention
  • FAQ Link:
  • PROS: Prescriptions, toiletries and more
  • CONS: Website can be difficult to navigate
  • Other Info:
    • Deliveries are made same day within a few hours ofthe time the order is placed. Please call to verify your order's estimated delivery time.
    • Please note, all online orders placed after regular business hours will be delivered the next morning.
    • We can find many items - even ones we do not regularly stock - and deliver them for you. If there is an item you need, just call us and we will try to find it for you.
    • Guests may also order items in advance if they have items too bulky for air travel or if the items are prohibited on airplanes.
    • Distilled water is always available!!
    • Our courier service can also obtain many products we do not normally stock from other retailers and deliver them. There are many retailers around the WDW area but taxi rates are most times more expensive than our delivery fee.
  • Reviews:
Dizzy Dolphin
www.dizzydolphindelivery.com
  • Fees: $14 Delivery Fee
    • $10 Fee to add alcohol to order with $50 minimum order
  • Delivery to Bell Services: Yes, unless your order contains alcohol
  • FAQ Link: https://www.dizzydolphindelivery.com/pages/faq.php
  • PROS:
    • Very flexible - you can specify your preferred brands and stores when placing an order
    • Offer Groceries, alcohol, small appliances, possibly other items
  • CONS:
    • You don’t know the price right away
    • Ordering can be confusing
    • Extra charges for alcohol delivery
  • Other Info:
  • Reviews:
Instacart
Currently delivers from: Publix, Whole Foods, Costco, BJs, CVS Pharmacy, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Publix Liquors
https://www.instacart.com/grocery-delivery/orlando click link to see current Orlando stores (may not deliver from all of these stores to specific resorts)
  • Minimum Order: $10
  • Fees: Instacart Express is a subscription service that offers free delivery for orders over $35
    • Delivery fee charged based on order size, order composition, and volume of business for non-Instacart-Express orders – fee is visible when you order. Typically, around $4.99-$9.99 depending on when you want your order window
    • Instacart also charges a surcharge based on order size
    • Tipping shopper/driver is optional but encouraged
    • Someone 21+ must be present for delivery
  • Delivery to Bell Services: States delivery to customer only – need real world experience to verify
    • Must be present if alcohol is ordered
  • FAQ Link: https://www.instacart.com/help
  • PROS: You can choose from many stores
  • CONS:
    • Lots of hidden fees that you can’t see until you get to check out
    • Available delivery windows can change while you build your list
  • Other Info: Shopper will text with substitutions, etc, may be an issue if you order before you get on the airplane
  • Reviews:
Shipt
Currently delivers from: Target, Publix, Winn Dixie, Costco, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
https://www.shipt.com/orlando-grocery-delivery/ click link to see current stores and promotions
  • Minimum Order: No - $7 surcharge for orders under $35
  • Fees: $99/year or $14/month; there is a free 2-week trial for new members
    • Tipping is optional but encouraged
  • Alcohol: Generally, yes
    • We offer alcohol delivery in select cities from a variety of retailers! If you are in the coverage area for this service, beer, wine, and spirits may be available for delivery. A $7 delivery fee may be applied to alcohol orders from select retailers.
  • Delivery to Bell Services: States delivery to customer only – need real world experience to verify
  • Must be present if alcohol is ordered
  • FAQ Link: https://help.shipt.com
  • PROS:
  • CONS:
  • Other Info:
    • Our members can expect to pay about $5 more using Shipt than they would on a $35 order purchased in the store themselves
    • Shopper will text with substitutions, etc, may be an issue if you order before you get on the airplane
  • Reviews:

Amazon PrimeNow
https://primenow.amazon.com
  • Fees: Must be Amazon Prime member – Free two-hour delivery for orders over $35; $4.99 for orders under $35
    • someone 21+ must be present for delivery
  • FAQ Link: https://primenow.amazon.com/learn-more?ref_=pn_un_ftr_hiw
  • PROS:
    • Delivers within 2 hours
    • Delivers to Bell Services unless order contains alcohol
  • CONS:
    • Don’t try to make your cart too early.
    • Stock changes constantly and things may become unavailable quickly.
  • Other Info: For delivery to the convention resorts, this is preferable to Amazon Prime Pantry which will deliver to the Convention Center and will be subject to a pickup fee based on the package weight and limited pickup hours
  • Reviews:
Staples/Amazon
  • I think these are delivered to the convention center and therefore subject to weight-based fee and must be picked up.
Safeway
www.shop.safeway.com/ecom/home
  • Safeway has discontinued their Orlando delivery service as of July 7th, 2018
Walmart Grocery
grocery.walmart.com

There is very little info on Walmart Grocery Delivery since it is so new. I have gathered info based on others info and my experience this week with the process. Below is all the info you need for Walmart Grocery Delivery

Minimum Order: $30
Fees: $9.95 next day $7.95 2-6 days out (can’t place order more than a week out)
Tipping is optional but encouraged
Alcohol: NO
Delivery to Bell Services: Yes
PROS: Inventory doesn’t change much, you can place items in your cart well ahead of time and continue to modify then place your order a few days before you arrive, after that modifications can still be made until the day before delivery
•Pricing is lower than other options. Also there are often coupons for free delivery with $50 order or $10 off order.​
CONS: phone call to confirm delivery, if you don’t answer the call delivery will be delayed or cancelled. No alcohol delivery​

Other Info: Before shopping enter the address of the resort you are going to and then choose the Walmart store closest to your hotel. Upon check out there is an area for notes. If you want them to delivery to bell services because you will not be there in person to receive the delivery, Most importantly and as the first thing, your note should say “DELIVER TO BELL SERVICES AT XXXXX RESORT”. Then enter the name of the lead guest on your hotel reservation and your check in date and expected arrival time. If you are already there and have a room number, include that info as well.​

On the day of your delivery you will get a phone call approximately 1.5-3 hours before your delivery window. They are calling to confirm someone will be home to accept the delivery. Just say yes someone will be there. You do not need to explain the bell services delivery, they will not understand what you are talking about and will argue with you.​

If you are having groceries delivered on the day you fly in keep this phone call in mind. You do not want to miss it so try not to have that 1.5-3 hour before delivery phone call time fall while you will be in the air or hustling to grab your bags.​

Your order will be delivered by a driver service like doordash. You will get a text when your delivery has been made. Then shortly after you will get a phone call from Walmart confirming that you received your order. If you have not yet seen your groceries with your own eyes tell Walmart that you have not been home yet to confirm you got all the items in your delivery and get a number to call them back at to confirm once you have checked that you got all your items.​

Once at your resort and in your room, call down to bell services and ask them to bring up your Walmart delivery. They may be overrun with grocery deliveries so getting the groceries up to your room may take a while. I recommend giving them about a half hour and then calling back down to them to make sure they were able to find them. If they seem to be having trouble it is best to go down to bell services in person and have them take you in the back room to see the orders so you can identify which one is yours. The notes with the guest name sometimes get confused and they don’t know whose is whose. They will still bring them to your room for you. Be sure to tip bell services well and once you have gotten your groceries go into your e-mail and find the e-mail with your receipt, from there you can tip the driver that delivered the groceries.​

Last edited:
Thank you for this. We want to order Prime Now for our stay at the Contemporary. My husband wants to get some beer, but I am not sure about signing for delivery, as your post states. Looking for recent experiences with it, since I know it's new.

Thanks @niccikatie for that wonderful FAQ!

We're staying at the CBR and we were wondering about using grocery delivery services. We were thinking about using Prime Now, since they now deliver beer. Given this is a huge resort, would we need to take the internal bus ahead of time so that we will be able to meet in person? Will the items be delivered to our village? Or can we cross our fingers and hope it will be delivered at Bell Services?

Thank you for this post!

It appears that Walmart now offers grocery delivery in Orlando (different than regular shipped Walmart orders), does anyone have any experience with them?

We're staying at the CBR and we were wondering about using grocery delivery services. We were thinking about using Prime Now, since they now deliver beer. Given this is a huge resort, would we need to take the internal bus ahead of time so that we will be able to meet in person?

No need to take the Internal bus. Well, unless you have a problem with a 5 minute walk.

Will the items be delivered to our village?

Not right away. They will first be delivered to Bell Services. Bell Services can deliver your order to your room.

OR can we cross our fingers and hope it will be delivered at Bell Services?

No need to cross your fingers.

I'm seeing conflicting info about Instacart leaving orders (no alcohol) with Bell Services. Anyone have real world experience?

I'm seeing conflicting info about Instacart leaving orders (no alcohol) with Bell Services. Anyone have real world experience?
I will try to post on here Tuesday evening after we check in at the BCV. I have a Publix order scheduled to arrive between 2-3 pm and I did add in the instructions to leave the delivery (no alcohol) with Bell Services. We'll see what happens :)

Thank you for this. We want to order Prime Now for our stay at the Contemporary. My husband wants to get some beer, but I am not sure about signing for delivery, as your post states. Looking for recent experiences with it, since I know it's new.
I confirmed with Amazon Prime that someone needs to meet the delivery person at Bell Services if the order contains alcohol. The delivery person will have the ability to contact you when they are on their way.

I’ve spoken to others who have used Amazon Prime Now including alcohol and have been very happy with the service.

I confirmed with Amazon Prime that someone needs to meet the delivery person at Bell Services if the order contains alcohol. The delivery person will have the ability to contact you when they are on their way.

I’ve spoken to others who have used Amazon Prime Now including alcohol and have been very happy with the service.

Thank you! I moved some things around in order for us to be able to meet the the delivery person.

Hello everyone,
Quick update on Instacart/Publix grocery order to the Beach Club. Very easy and hassle free. All items came well packed and organized. Order was dropped off at Bell Services whiles we were at stormalong bay. Received several text messages during shopping with questions and once delivery was made. Plan on placing an additional order in a few days since we’ll be here a week.
Very helpful!

A BIG thanks to @niccikatie, who wrote the post you see below.

Thanks @niccikatie for that wonderful FAQ!

You're welcome!

A general request to all providing feedback in this thread - could you please indicate if your order contained alcohol (or not) and if it was left at Bell Services? These seem to be the biggest outstanding questions that we need some real world experiences with!

Thank you!

We are arriving at our WDW resort on Thanksgiving Day and I am pretty sure Garden Grocer does not deliver on Thanksgiving. Do you know if we would be able to have it delivered the Wednesday evening before we check in so it will be there when we arrive on Thursday morning? We will NOT be ordering alcohol.
Your help is appreciated!

Hello everyone,
Quick update on Instacart/Publix grocery order to the Beach Club. Very easy and hassle free. All items came well packed and organized. Order was dropped off at Bell Services whiles we were at stormalong bay. Received several text messages during shopping with questions and once delivery was made. Plan on placing an additional order in a few days since we’ll be here a week.
Very helpful!
Went to place my Publix order through Instacart and there is an option to waive the $10.25 service fee (clearly states it is different from the tip)? Why wouldn't I want to waive it?? Did your order contain a service fee?
There is a separate line item for tip which I AM including:)
Thanks for any help and enjoy your stay!

Ive read where there is a surcharge done by the disney resorts for deliveries. Is that fee waived if you are at the front waiting for your delivery? We are staying at pop and this would save some time to have things delivered. Kids could be in pool while dad goes to meet delivery!

Walmart should be added to the list as a grocery delivery service similar to Shipt. They now will do the full service, to your door, delivery. Charge is usually $7.99 but can go up depending on time of day.

Hi. I'm on instacart now and although I can see beer and wine, I cannot see margaritas. I can see margarita mix but not actual margaritas.
Can anyone please help. I guess I may be in Publix but I see from above they use ABC so should have it.

Ooops, found it, had to change stores.

Thank you....me :)

I'm an Amazon Prime member and am leaning towards ordering bottled water and some snacks for my son -- no alcohol. So if no alcohol, it can be delivered to Bell Services?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!