Resort "scented" candles

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
I recently saw a post about Anthology Candles. These candles are scented like various resorts at WDW. The person who posted it had the Polynesian candle. Wondering if anyone has tried these and do they really smell like the resorts. I see they have a Beach Club scented candle. Was hoping someone had tried that one specifically and could let me know if it did indeed smell like the wonderful Beach Club? Thanks!

I have a scent machine and cartridge that smells like the Beach Club. Disney uses the same company for all the resorts (the commercial side) but most of the Disney scents are available to the general public -- Beach Club is one that is! The company is Enviroscent and the name of my cartridge is Green Clover & Aloe. I love it!

I have used an enviroscent machine in the past. The machine I purchased was shortly discontinued along with the scent refills I would need. I am specifically interested in learning more about these candles. They are only $18 per candle. Much more affordable than the enviroscent option!

We have some of the tarts from Anthology candles. I wouldn't say the smells transport me to the resort, but they smell good nonetheless. They're also soy candles I believe and in my own experience, I don't find soy candles to be as fragrant or as long lasting as regular candles. YMMV.

I bought the Haunted Mansion-inspired candle and all I know is it did NOT smell ANYTHING like the Haunted Mansion. I was soooooo disappointed. Maybe other scents are better?

I posted this awhile back but Kringle Candle makes a scent...Firewood, it smells just like Rome is burning, comes in jars and wax melts.

After reading other posts on the dis about the Anthology candles, I just purchased the Polynesian scented candle. I hope it brings a little Poly into my house. I'll report back once my candle comes in an I get to use it.

I've never tried the Anthology ones but there is a seller on ETSY that makes Disney scented candles and tarts. The scents are very good but I've had mixed results with the throw.

I just purchased the Polynesian candle from Anthology. I don't think it smells like the Polynesian. We just returned from the Poly several days ago and I was hoping to have the nice Poly smell in my house. No such luck. Real bummer :(

This is a really helpful thread. I was just about to buy some of these Anthology ones. Maybe I'll wait now.

I went ahead and ordered the Beach Club candle and I also ordered the sample pack of Disney Resorts that includes the Poly and Wilderness Lodge. I'll be sure to report back on what I think. Etsy has a very large selection of Disney inspired candles, just hard not knowing what they actually smell like till you purchase them.

I bought some, but haven't received them yet...Rome Burning, Black Pearl, and Wilderness Lodge. I don't have high hopes for the WL one to smell like the lobby, because the candle is supposed to be pine-ishly scented, and that is NOT how WL smells. I have searched high and low for anything that smells the way it does when you walk into the WL from the doors by the Mercantile after getting off a park bus, and there are a few scents I've found from Bath and Body Works candles that are close.

Walter and Rosie Candle Co is another shop that sells Disney scents, but I don't have any of those.

I bought some, but haven't received them yet...Rome Burning, Black Pearl, and Wilderness Lodge. I don't have high hopes for the WL one to smell like the lobby, because the candle is supposed to be pine-ishly scented, and that is NOT how WL smells. I have searched high and low for anything that smells the way it does when you walk into the WL from the doors by the Mercantile after getting off a park bus, and there are a few scents I've found from Bath and Body Works candles that are close.

Walter and Rosie Candle Co is another shop that sells Disney scents, but I don't have any of those.

This is why I bought the sample pack. I think the Beach Club scent would be easy to replicate, but I am not so sure about the Poly and WL. Those scents are so unique that I would imagine it is hard to capture the true scent of those. WL is our "home" in WDW and I love the scent when you first walk in. I have tried various wilderness scented items, but they don't smell anything like WL. Please let me know what you think of your purchase when you get them in!

This is why I bought the sample pack. I think the Beach Club scent would be easy to replicate, but I am not so sure about the Poly and WL. Those scents are so unique that I would imagine it is hard to capture the true scent of those. WL is our "home" in WDW and I love the scent when you first walk in. I have tried various wilderness scented items, but they don't smell anything like WL. Please let me know what you think of your purchase when you get them in!

I will definitely come back and let you know!
BTW, Bergamot Waters from Bath and Body Works smells like the Lodge to me! It's my favorite resort and my Disney home away from home :-)

So a bit off topic, but what does WDW use to pump the smells into the resorts and rides? Do they use some sort of diffuser or something? I've always wondered. Perhaps it's one of their secrets? (I love the "rum" smell in Pirates).

I recently purchased the Anthology Wilderness Lodge and Haunted Mansion scented candles. They both were lovely and I very much enjoyed them but..... The scent they give off is nothing like the WL nor HM.

So a bit off topic, but what does WDW use to pump the smells into the resorts and rides? Do they use some sort of diffuser or something? I've always wondered. Perhaps it's one of their secrets? (I love the "rum" smell in Pirates).

In the resorts, they use some kind of commercial version of the Enviroscent company's product as mentioned above. We own one and saw the same one in a local store here. Not sure if Disney uses that same thing or something bigger or more of them.

I bought the Splash Down candle from Anthology. It's supposed to smell like Disney ride water, but it's just a flowery kind of scent.

I also have Rome Burning. It's kind of like it.

OP here. I wanted to come back and give a review of sorts on the candles I ordered. I went ahead and ordered Beach Club, as well as the resort sample pack, from Anthology. I must admit I am a bit disappointed in my purchase, considering I spent $40 with shipping for candles.

The Beach Club candle that I bought does, indeed, smell like the Beach Club. However, I can't smell it unless I am standing right over it. It does not smell up my house at all, hardly even scents the room it is in. I followed the first use instructions that came with the candle, and yet it doesn't smell nearly as strong, or good, when lit as it does smelling it right out of the jar. Very disappointing.

As for the sample pack. I am glad I bought the sample pack as the candles do not smell like the resorts they are named after. The Poly has a nice smell to it, but in no way does it smell anything like the Polynesian. The Wilderness Lodge sent does have a woodsy, pine, wilderness smell to it, but that is not at all the way WL smells. The Animal Kingdom candle does have a very familiar scent, one that I can't seem to put my finger on, but it doesn't smell anything like Animal Kingdom. I even had my family do a smell test. Them not knowing which resorts the candles were supposed to represent, they only guessed Beach Club correctly. As for the WL and AK scents, my kids said those didn't remind them of anything in Disney. LOL. They guessed the Poly candle was "some place in Epcot" and "Grand Floridian".

So while the candles all have a nice scent, they don't transport me back to the resorts at all, with the exception of Beach Club. And even tho they smell lovely, they do not give off a strong scent when burned. I honestly feel like it was money wasted. I can't for the life of me understand all the positive reviews on the website! Would not recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter