Resort "scented" candles

This is an odd ? But does anyone have a parakeet? We have two and I read not to burn scented candles or they could get sick but I'd love to try these. Just curious if there's any truth to this

This is an odd ? But does anyone have a parakeet? We have two and I read not to burn scented candles or they could get sick but I'd love to try these. Just curious if there's any truth to this

I don't know anything about this, but these particular candles are soy candles made from natural ingredients I believe. Perhaps regular candles which likely have chemicals in them might be harmful for the birds? Not sure!

OP - your experience was exactly the same as mine. They smell fine but it's not potent. You're better off with traditional candles like from Yankee or Bath & Body Works.

I said I'd come back to tell you all how mine worked out, too...well...

I'm also confused by the good reviews because I have to give these candles a thumbs down.

First up, Wilderness Lodge. I did not figure this would be anything like the REAL scent of the WL, but ordered it mainly because of the name alone. The Lodge is my Disney home. It's a piney scent - that's it.

Next, Rome Burning. Smells like something burning. So that's a...win??

Finally, The Black Pearl. It kind of has a floral oceany scent. Nothing like the weird watery woody scent I was hoping for!

All three scents have a very strange, almost-menthol-but-not-quite undertone to them. No scent throw at all, and also has kind of a melted plastic smell while burning.

Cute containers and labels, fun names, but that's it. Not worth it. Bummer.

I *had* at most 8 parakeets over a period of 10 years and I burned candles year round, for full disclosure I also work for a candle store :)

In those 10 years I never had a problem with my birds mysteriously dying. The one had a cancerous lump that got him (my vet assured me it was common for them to get these lumps), my oldest had nothing wrong with him during his annual vet visit. A few passed due to my newest kitten (the other cats never touched them, but once I hung the cage from the ceiling they were fine. If my cat wasn't such a "cat" right now I'd still have my parakeets but it's just too much hassle to prevent her from going after them that I no longer have any birds.

In terms of Soy vs Paraffin. I go with Paraffin 100% of the time, I can not smell any soy candle be it a candle or a wax melt when they burn, even in small rooms. Most people who want a soy candle usually say "oh there is no soot" and thats not entirely true, Soy produces a grayish soot while paraffin produces more of a black soot. BUT the key to preventing soot in the first place is to TRIM YOUR WICK. If you ever have blown out a candle and it has what I like to say an Atomic Bomb looking ball on the wick thats a sign your wick is TOO LONG. Trim your wick to ⅛ of an inch before you light your candle, and after about 4 hours (for a single wick candle) blow it out and trim the wick again, you'll get virtually no soot. If you have a two wick candle I'd say ever two hours you'd want to trim the wick.

No scent throw at all, and also has kind of a melted plastic smell while burning.

Yes! I noticed the melted plastic smell as well. Such a bummer. Not only am I disappointed in the wasted money, but I was really hoping to have my house smell like the resorts I love.

Guess if I really want the Beach Club scent I should just purchase another Enviroscent machine. Such a shamed that the machine I purchased was discontinued shortly after I purchased it, and I was only able to get the refill packs for about a year then those were discontinued as well.

Purchased multiple candles from Columbia candle and etsy. Few smell like the actual scent at WDW. Surprisingly enough the renuzit "pure breeze" found at your local supermarket smells exactly like the scent in the restrooms outside splash mountain and many others. Odd, I know but true

I just purchased the Polynesian candle from Anthology. I don't think it smells like the Polynesian. We just returned from the Poly several days ago and I was hoping to have the nice Poly smell in my house. No such luck. Real bummer :(
I agree - I purchased it as well and my kids and I did not think it smelled anything like th Poly. Very disappointed - especially since the candle is a very small candle for $20.

I just wanted to come on here and say I purchased the "Walt's Wonderful World - Green Clover and Aloe" scented candle from the Columbia Fragrance company and we love it! It is supposed to smell like the BLT lobby (FYI it says in the description that includes the CR and the GF too, tho I only recall this scent being at the BLT).

My husband came home from work on Friday and said...."that smells just like the BLT lobby" lol!! Mission accomplished! :thumbsup2

Maple & Whiskey for the win!

Their candles have been spot on in our experience - we live in the US, but it's so worth it to order them! We have all of our favorite Resorts scents and it makes me so happy!

FWIW- the info below is from the Yacht and Beach Club FAQ (Post 14- Other Useful Info). It is a compilation of suggestions that guests have given of scent copycats. I'll add Maple & Whiskey since I don't have that on the list.

Ooo-Ooo, That Smell!

The smell in the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club is green clover and aloe, generated with the Enviroscent system/ www.scentairhome.com
note: The unit is quite expensive (around $300 plus cost of cartridges). The company has sold it to individuals in the past but some recent reports indicate that the companies have not been accommodating to non-business customers.

Clever and Inquisitive Guests have sniffed out some Red Neck Scent Substitutions. Certain candle fragrances mimic the Beach Club lobby scent:

Bath & Body Works: Rainkissed Leaves, Beach House, Beach Cabana (essence of BC)
Yankee Candle: Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside Retreat, Cotton Blossom, A Summer's Wish (similar)
Aldi: Water Lily & Aloe
Columbia Fragrance Company: Walt's Wonderful World
Walter and Rosie Candle Company: Beach Club

Anthology Candles: Beach Club
Etsy- search on Beach Club/Disney/Mouse Scents candles or scents

Note: some of these fragrances have been discontinued
Also, some customers indicated that Walter and Rosie Candle Company have had some fulfillment issues and complaints in the past, but under new management the situation has improved.

candle.jpg

In the words of the candlemaker: "Fresh green notes accented with white jasmine, blond woods and musk. And the candle is spot on with the scent of the lobby."

You can also order the scents to make your own candles!
The Candlemakers Store, Rainkissed Leaves

Top Ten Disney Smells by Disney Dining

Bring Disney Smells to Your Home by Disney Avenue

I just wanted to come on here and say I purchased the "Walt's Wonderful World - Green Clover and Aloe" scented candle from the Columbia Fragrance company and we love it! It is supposed to smell like the BLT lobby (FYI it says in the description that includes the CR and the GF too, tho I only recall this scent being at the BLT).

My husband came home from work on Friday and said...."that smells just like the BLT lobby" lol!! Mission accomplished! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear this! I came back to this thread to specifically ask about the Columbia Fragrance Company! I just ordered the Walts Wonderful World scent in the wax melts, oil, and room spray. Hoping this time I am pleased with my purchase! The company I ordered from last time was not worth the money.

Me again. Just popping in to say that I bought hand soap at Target today and it smells a lot like the Beach Club scent. It's not an exact match, but when I asked what it smelled like, my husband and both of my kids' first guess was Beach Club so it's pretty close!

It's by JR Watkins brand and the scent is called Ocean Breeze.

IMG_3888.PNG

I have used some of Spireside Candles before. They are pretty close to the various WDW "scents" including the resorts. There are MANY companies/people doing WDW scented candles now. Take a peek online and on Etsy and the read the reviews to find the ones that smell most "authentic."

I am back to say that the Columbia Fragrance Company products are the best I have tried so far. I did not purchase a candle from them so I don't know how well their candles do. I did use the room spray and oil today and the scent is strong and long lasting so far. The scent is spot on for the Beach Club lobby. I also purchased the wax melts, but have not tried them yet. I would definitely recommend this brand over others that I have tried!

I'm here to report, as I've bought Polynesian-inspired candles from Columbia Fragrance Co., Walter and Rosie, and WEDway candles. WEDway is BY FAR the closest to the Polynesian lobby scent. The Columbia one smells like super sweet pineapple (would be more appropriately named after the Dole Whip instead of the Poly) and the Walter and Rosie smells nice and tropical but not like the lobby at all (to me anyway). The unfortunate part is that the WEDway candle is the least attractive packaging-wise out of the group, but it's worth it for the smell!

I did also order the Walt's Wonderful World (which is supposed to be the GF scent) and White Tea and Ginger (I read somewhere that this was a Poly scent that was used) from Columbia. The Walt's Wonderful World is such a fresh and relaxing scent and it does remind me of the GF. The white tea and ginger is good as well, but again, not like the Poly lobby.

Weird,I have the anthology beach club candle , the smaller size, and it smells up the entire house. I got two for Christmas last year and brought one to our beach house which is small, 1200 sq feet, but open concept. It is actually a bit too strong for the space. I dont know the exact size but i believe my kids paid around $18 for them.

Weird,I have the anthology beach club candle , the smaller size, and it smells up the entire house. I got two for Christmas last year and brought one to our beach house which is small, 1200 sq feet, but open concept. It is actually a bit too strong for the space. I dont know the exact size but i believe my kids paid around $18 for them.

Glad you are satisfied, but I have tried my candles from them several times and all in get is a melting plastic scent. My house is larger than your beach house, but mine don't even smell up a single room, expect for the already mentioned plastic scent! Lol

On another Disney site, UK based, a company called WoodWick have candles that crackle and the aroma of Redwood is identical to the lobby at WL...

Glad you are satisfied, but I have tried my candles from them several times and all in get is a melting plastic scent. My house is larger than your beach house, but mine don't even smell up a single room, expect for the already mentioned plastic scent! Lol
That stinks, (no pun intended). I was going to order some bigger ones but now I'm hesitant. I must have just gotten lucky!

We got the Port Orleans, Horizons Orange and Rome Burning (SSE) candles. Haven't lit any yet but I can't say I recognize the scent of the PO candle.... I definitely want to try some of the others sometime. Mine are from Wedway Candle Company and they are creating new ones on a regular basis. I want to try the Mainstreet Bakery and Mainstreet Popcorn cart versions!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter