Resort Xmas decorations

butsy113

AKV Owner
We check in January 2nd and are using our first 4 days to focus on the Xmas decorations before they are taken down. What resorts have the best decorations? What should we definitely not miss?

We loved the Wilderness Lodge Christmas decorations as well as the Grand Floridian, the AKL... and well, pretty much all the resorts! Loved the gingerbread house at the Beach Club and also the Contemporary.

We love the WL, GF, BC, BW and AKL. The resorts are so beautiful and I think visiting them during Christmastime is a must do as well!

We love the WL, GF, BC, BW and AKL. The resorts are so beautiful and I think visiting them during Christmastime is a must do as well!

That's our list too! The above deluxe resorts do a better job at decorating. The DVC resorts are lacking and just don't spend the money to decorate.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks everyone! This will be our first trip at the holidays :) Working in the medical field doesn't allow vacations at holidays. I'm working both Xmas eve and day so a co worker would work my New Years holiday. This allows us to sneak in at the end of the season to see the lights.

We check in at AKL value studio on January 2nd. We are eating at Poly on The 3rd so I will plan on making each stop along the monorail. I guess we will need to catch a boat over yo WL that day too. Saturday we are heading to Epcot so all we have to do is head out IG to see those. The main focus of our trip until that Sunday is the Xmas lights, then starts the birthday celebration for DD. She's hitting double digits! Oh how the grow!

We enjoyed the gingerbread displays (house and carousel) at GF and BC, we also really enjoyed Osborne lights, walking down mainsteet at the MK, seeing the trees at WS in EPCOT. When we were there in 2010 we also enjoyed the characters in their holiday best at camp Minnie-Mickey at AK but I don't know if they are somewhere else with the AK work being done?

Not sure if the Christmas parade will still be playing at MK but its also fun - we love the float with the little train racing around it!

Every park has a large feature tree - the ornaments are perfectly tuned for that park - fun to notice those details...also there have been a few tv specials that show them prepping and decorating for the holiday. I think it's helpful to watch them to get an idea of what you might really want to see if you have to prioritize things!

Happy Travels!!!

Separate buildings. The deluxe resorts are well decorated, DVC counterparts not so much.

I am pretty sure those resorts are DVC resorts!

Dedicated DVC resorts like BLT, SSR, OKW, and Kidani aren't as nicely decorated as the Disney deluxe resorts that may have a DVC wing. Don't know about VGF yet, we are there in a couple of weeks.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter