Respite, yeah baby!

minkydog

DIS Cast Member
:dancer:I'm doin' the happy dance because my son Christian is going to respite in an hour. He's a sweet thing, but he's 24/7 total care. We get respite once a month and this is my weekend. I have to work the whole time,but I don't even care :dance3:

Thanks for understanding. I know here on the Coping board nobody will flame me for "not loving my kid" or "putting him in the care of strangers" or leaping for joy because my kid is going away for 48 hours party: I love him to death and would willingly die for this child, but part of keeping myself mentally healthy is accepting occasional respite from the daily grind.

The naysayers can come over and walk a mile in my shoes any day :smooth:

Hey, no one will flame you!! My kids aren't even a handful and I LOVE getting rid of them whenever Grandma will take them and I don't feel a *bit* guilty about it.

Enjoy your weekend! :cheer2:

No one better flame you, not here, not ever. Good for you, getting away can sometimes be the best thing for our own mental health.. Take care and enjoy!!!!!

Have a blast this weekend!!!! Everyone needs and deserves a break from life.

No flames here, this is a safe place to come and share!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND and ENJOY!!! It's so important as moms and caregivers that we take care of ourselfs. ::yes::

No flames from me. I know how badly it can be needed. My sister had a special needs son, and very rarely used respite care out of guilt. I wish she had used it more.

Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to do a little something special for yourself. :sunny:

lyeag said:
No flames from me. I know how badly it can be needed. My sister had a special needs son, and very rarely used respite care out of guilt. I wish she had used it more.

Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to do a little something special for yourself. :sunny:

Hey, long time no see. Fantasia is still going strong:smickey:

minkydog said:
Hey, long time no see. Fantasia is still going strong:smickey:

I am glad. :sunny: It was probably played at my house less than 5 times. It just collected dust!

I am so glad you are able to get the away time to recharge. It is SO important for caregivers to make sure they take care of themselves too, so even though you have to work, at least take a long nice soak in the tub, or something really relaxing.

Woo-hoo! my boss put me on call! Now I can knock off and go hang out with DH...and all the kids are gone :banana:

Enjoy your weekend! Don't even THINK about feeling guilty ;) , you have earned this! Have fun and relax and enjoy. :goodvibes

Having a little break gives you time to recharge your battery. It makes you a better caregiver and Mom.

Have fun.

Some alone time with husband will make everything so much easier when you get back into the swing of Monday morning. Not to mention our children sometime need a break from us!!!

I love our respite provider. Hope you have a great weekend.

I'm not familiar with respite care, but thank God! I often wanted to ask you if you got any breaks from Christian, but 1. I wasn't sure if it would offend you.
and 2. Suppose the answer was "no", then it would be like rubbing it in.

I hope you get the most sound, restful sleep, and get to totally do stuff around the house that you maybe can't with him there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter