Restaurant recs for 20th anniversary dinner?

bethifoody

Mouseketeer
Dh & I will be at Aulani in April, celebrating our 20th anniversary. I'm starting to think about dining reservations, etc. I'd like to go someplace nice for our anniversary dinner. Ama Ama is on my radar, for sure. But I'm wondering what some other options might be. We'll have a car, so getting there shouldn't be an issue.

He's a more adventurous eater than I am, but I'm by no means picky. We like good food, not necessarily a pretentious atmosphere.

What else is out there? TIA for any help you can offer.

Depends on how far/long of a drive you’re willing to endure, waikiki has the most high end dining options, although the other ko’olina resorts have high end dining options as well. Luau’s can be fun, but not always the greatest for food.

This was taken from my trip report back in April. If you don't mind the drive, it was so worth it!

Here is the link to the restaurant:
https://haleiwajoes.com/locations/

This was our last full day on Oahu. The only thing I definitely wanted to do today was eat dinner at Haleiwa Joe's - the Kaneohe location, not the one in Haleiwa. We knew we should get there right when it opened at 4:30 since they do not take reservations. We had gone to Lanikai Beach 10 years ago, but did not make it next door to Kailua. We decided to head out early and go to Kailua Beach for the afternoon since it was near the restaurant.

We were watching the clock to make sure we got the restaurant by 4:30. We changed from our bathing suits into nicer clothes and made our way to the restaurant. We got there around 4:20, and there were a few people already lining up outside. They opened up promptly at 4:30 and we were seated along the rail for a spectacular view of Haiku Gardens.

The food was excellent. They are known for their prime rib, which is what DH ordered. It had to be the biggest cut of prime rib I've ever seen. Not only was it huge, it was flavored perfectly. They tend to run out of their prime rib on a nightly basis. I had grilled fish. This was a perfect meal for our last night on the island. I highly recommend making the trek out to this restaurant - it was well worth it! Because we had such an early dinner, we still made it back to Aulani before the sun set.

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all the feedback! As for how far we're willing to drive? I don't know. This will be our first visit - no idea of what the area is like. I'd love to see more than just Aulani and/or the tourist spots. We will have a car, so I'm open to all options.

If you drive up to Hanauma Bay, I'd recommend Kona Brewing Company (may be called Kona Pub) at Koko Marina. I'm a Kona Beer fan, and they have several on tap that are exclusive to Hawaii. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere there more than the original in Kona. And (like so many places in Hawaii), you can come straight from snorkeling and nobody will bat an eye at your clothes (or my hair LOL).

Dh & I will be at Aulani in April, celebrating our 20th anniversary. I'm starting to think about dining reservations, etc. I'd like to go someplace nice for our anniversary dinner. Ama Ama is on my radar, for sure.
Ama Ama is a great choice for a special evening. Especially around sunset if you can time it. The views out over the water are just beautiful!

You can't go wrong with a sunset timing for dinner at Ama'Ama. We went on our last trip and it was a wonderful evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter