Restaurant Rewind: Memories of more Magical Times. February 2020 Dining Report. UPDATE 13th OCTOBER - CALIFORNIA GRILL DINNER!

quietly

Mouseketeer
Hello there lovely people.

I’ve been wanting to write this dining report since we returned from Disney World in February. But as we all know, since we left the most magical place on earth, things have gotten a lot less magical all over the earth.

I don’t know if it’s a good time to post fun stuff, or whether or not these reviews will be relevant once the parks open up again - but honestly I could use a distraction and I’m sure I’m not the only one. So let’s stroll down memory lane, hand in sanitised hand, and review some Disney food!

WHO:

My name is Janelle and I’m 30 years old from Victoria in Australia. I was travelling with my best friend Emily 31 and we are both total Disney fanatics.

WHY:

Emily travelled to both Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney World before, so when she suggested it for our 2015 trip to the USA - I decided to give it a try. Guys, I fell head over heels with the place. It’s the one place that always makes me happy and just makes my little heart sing with joy. We try and go as often as we can and this year was the 5 year anniversary of our first trip - we had to celebrate by going back, right? And this time we were going to do it big - DDXP big! Yep. We were taking on the Deluxe Dining plan - and we were ready!
WHEN:

8th of February to the 20th of February including travel days. I’m not including anything about travel days in the report because no one wants to see long haul flight food from Australia cause that is hell. I shall spare you the 33 hr journey from start to finish just to get there - with this one glorious food exception at LAX.

Yes, Earl of Sandwich you sweet beautiful angel. I can tell you these tasted like gosh dang heaven after 20hrs on a plane.

I got the Holiday Turkey because I am all about that Sunday Roast/Thanksgiving vibe. This one has Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy and mayonnaise.

She may not be winning any beauty pageants but boy does she deliver on the talent portion.

Emily got her favourite as well which is the Earl’s Club. It’s Turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce, Roma tomato, and sandwich sauce. She’s a sucker for a good sandwich sauce.

While our Earl of Sandwich experience wasn’t technically AT Disney world - it was a nice little taster before the main event.

So while the world outside is turbulent and you might be feeling uneasy, I hope you’ll join me in a little light relief and a whisk back to our culinary adventures as two ambitious Australian girls take on the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan!

Last edited:
Thanks for this...been on the boards every day as a distraction...Though we're bummed about our canceled April trip, we are busy planning for our upcoming October one! Following along...

Before we settle into our culinary journey I present to you our:

TRIP MENU:

Small bites & Quick Service:

Chicken Guy
Polite Pig
Blaze Pizza

Sunshine Seasons
Karamell-Küche
Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie

The Main Courses (Table Service):

Grand Floridian Cafe
Boma Breakfast
Via Napoli
Beaches and Cream
Tiffins
California Grill Dinner
Chefs de France
Jiko
Morimoto Asia
The Wave
California Grill Brunch
Ohana
Biergarten
Citricos
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
The Plaza
Liberty Tree Tavern

Desserts and Special Something’s:

Happily Ever After Dessert Party
Frozen Ever After Dessert Party
Harambe Nights Part 1 & Part 2
Villains After Hours
Magic Kingdom After Hours

Lounging Around:

Tune-In Lounge
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge

Last edited:

Joining in! So happy to see any new TR or dining report during these times and your list of where you ate looks great!

Been planning my July vacation and need some food inspiration. Love the Earl , so I know you have great taste! Looking forward to your reviews!

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. Looks like a great line up with lots of variety .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!