restaurants in US/IOA

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Our family is going to US/IOA for the first time. I would like advice on which restaurants are not to be missed. We are intested in the following: Mel's Drive-IN, Circus McGurkus, Comic strip cafe, Lombard's Landing, The Enchanted Oak, Thunder Falls Terrace, Mythos and Nascar Cafe. Please let us know if there are any others you think our family would be interested in. Thank you in advance.

The comic strip cafe is okay. I would suggest you eat at the fast food restaurant in Jurassic Park, i think its called Dino Burgers USA or something, the food is really good and you can go downstairs afterwards and chek your aol email!

We ate at both the Enchanted Oak Tavern for lunch (twice) and Mythose once for dinner (once).

We enjoyed both.

At the Enchanted Oak we had chicken & ribs at the Enchanted Oak both times. It came with a dinner roll and corn on the cob. VERY good. The restaurant was seat your self (benches & long tables). You order at a register & then pick up your order at a counter.

Mythose was good, a little higher priced than Enchanted Oak. But I expected that since it is a sit-down restaurant.

Both gave us a wonderful opportunity to sit down, cool off in air conditioning, relax and enjoy some good food in a nice atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend both.

Avoid Mel's Drive-In unless you are getting a soda or a shake. The food is pretty revolting. I'd rather eat out of a trash can.

The food at enchanted oak and mythos is very good. Stay away from Mels.

There is as Italian place in Universal...to the left, in the back...has pretty good food.

Comic Strip cafe is nothing special.

You can also leave the park and eat at citywalk for lunch...some great food out there.

aww, come on... the food at Mel's isn't THAT bad. I actually like their chicken sandwich quite a bit. I've never had a burger there, tho.

Cafe LaBamba and Finnegan's also serve food I enjoy at USF. (Webray, are you thinking of Louie's for Italian...across from the Beetlejuice stage?)

At IOA, definitely Mythos and Enchanted Oak.

Confisco's in Port of Entry at IOA is good, nice service too. You can even eat out on the patio.

Thundering Fall terrace (in Jurassic Park) was excellent, last time I was there. They closed it for awhile then reopened, I haven't been there since.

Go over to Mama Della's restaurant at the Portofino Bay Hotel!

It's EXCELLENT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter